BB Pricematching??

amani

May I please have your opinion?

Should I go purchase the Toshiba laptop & E-machine computer at BB today and price match it next Friday? Do you think they will honor that? I went to the BB in Indianapolis and they are in stock. I don't want to buy these items and then they don't give my money back. :mad:

Please help me out!! Thanks a Bunch!!!

Am I the only one who wants to put the Christmas Tree up this weekend?:groovin::g_thumble:D

I don't know about the Best Buy near you, but the store I'm at guarantees price matching. The rule is that if it's within 14 days of the purchase date and the price is lower, then all you have to do is bring in your receipt and we'll match the price. Oh and that's supposed to be company policy.

If You go online and check out thier policy it says that they will PM. SO I called my store and asked If I but somehting today will they PM for the BF sales price. They said on BF they do not PM, "Due to the high number of sales it will crash thier computer". YEA right that Big of chain .. WUT ever. I think they just do not want to on that day.:mad:

I called my local BB as well. They said they would not do any price matching on BF...didn't give me a reason, but I didn't expect them to say yes anyway. Unless the ad isn't publicly available until Thanksgiving day....why would anyone show up on BF if they could just purchase the item now and price match after BF?

Don't ge me wrong...I would love it if they did that....means I would get a nice HDTV tomorrow instead of next week (perhaps).

Even if they won't let you price match, they have to let you return the one you bought and then just rebuy it at the sale price. You aren't doing anything illegal.

And I've bought stuff at Best Buy before and PMd it the day of and never had a problem with anything. But that hasn't been the last couple years.

Or bring your receipt with you and buy a new one at BF prices, then walk right over to the return counter and return it with the receipt from today.

The refunds station will open after 11 or 12 when the sale ends so people buying this stuff ahead of time cannot return and REbuy it right away. YOu all need to stand in line out in the cold/snow/rain whatever and wait like everyone else. This buying crap before the BF is bunk and gald best buy is closing the refund desk until the sale is over so at 1205 when you return the product and then try to REbuy it it is back at reg. price.

Kudos to BB.

Wish Target, Walmart, etc did that.

All stores should SHUT down refund desk and make EVERYONE wait in line. Its first come first serve.

The refunds station will open after 11 or 12 when the sale ends so people buying this stuff ahead of time cannot return and REbuy it right away. YOu all need to stand in line out in the cold/snow/rain whatever and wait like everyone else. This buying crap before the BF is bunk and gald best buy is closing the refund desk until the sale is over so at 1205 when you return the product and then try to REbuy it it is back at reg. price.

Kudos to BB.

Wish Target, Walmart, etc did that.

All stores should SHUT down refund desk and make EVERYONE wait in line. Its first come first serve.

Who wants to stand in line in the cold, snow, rain or whatever to only find out that you didn't get to the line in time to get a ticket for an item that is only going to be limited to 15-20 customers.??

Who wants to stand in line in the cold, snow, rain or whatever to only find out that you didn't get to the line in time to get a ticket for an item that is only going to be limited to 15-20 customers.??

Well if you drive by and see more than 20+ people in line drive off to your next location.

Even if they won't let you price match, they have to let you return the one you bought and then just rebuy it at the sale price. You aren't doing anything illegal.

And I've bought stuff at Best Buy before and PMd it the day of and never had a problem with anything. But that hasn't been the last couple years.

Or bring your receipt with you and buy a new one at BF prices, then walk right over to the return counter and return it with the receipt from today.

It might not be illegal but most stores are putting strict rules about price matching on BF

It called luck people. If you are LUCKY enough to stand in line 1st or 2nd or 20th then you are pretty much goin to get what you came for. Its how bad do you want it??? Not cheating and buying ahead of time (days in advance) then running up to the refunds desk getting a refund and then trying to rebuy item that is so a bunch of crap.

The bottom line is how bad do you REALLY want that item (whatever it may be) and you will do whatever it takes (w/out buying ahead of time). :clapping:

I think it should be across the board on BF:

No refunds, exchanges (refund desk closed until AFTER all "sales" are done)

No PM or PA (Price Matching or Price Adjusting) for ANY "hot" items that day.

You need to stand in line and wait.

Thats just what I think to make it fair for EVERYONE.

I had such a bad experience with BB and their so-called "price matching"!!!:mad: I was trying to buy a digital camera, and shopped BB first. The guy said, "Oh, I'm sure we have the best price around on this, but we do price match if you find it cheaper anywhere else." So we found several websites that were much cheaper and brought it back to him. "Oh no, we don't pm online stores.". So I looked at every store within 5 miles of BB and found the same thing more than $100 cheaper at Costco. I went back to BB only to hear, "We only pm our competitors' prices and we don't consider Costco our competitor.". Neither do I. There is no competition between the two in my book. I gave up on getting those stupid BB points, bought the camera at Costco, and let the BB card expire. The jerk wasted most of my day with his lies.

I think it should be across the board on BF:

No refunds, exchanges (refund desk closed until AFTER all "sales" are done)

No PM or PA (Price Matching or Price Adjusting) for ANY "hot" items that day.

You need to stand in line and wait.

Thats just what I think to make it fair for EVERYONE.

Life isn't fair either! You play with what you are dealt.....

But Thank You for your opinion!! I might just ride pass BB.:wheelie:

I had such a bad experience with BB and their so-called "price matching"!!!:mad: I was trying to buy a digital camera, and shopped BB first. The guy said, "Oh, I'm sure we have the best price around on this, but we do price match if you find it cheaper anywhere else." So we found several websites that were much cheaper and brought it back to him. "Oh no, we don't pm online stores.". So I looked at every store within 5 miles of BB and found the same thing more than $100 cheaper at Costco. I went back to BB only to hear, "We only pm our competitors' prices and we don't consider Costco our competitor.". Neither do I. There is no competition between the two in my book. I gave up on getting those stupid BB points, bought the camera at Costco, and let the BB card expire. The jerk wasted most of my day with his lies.

That guy from BB you went to sounds like a jerk-off good for you for finding a lower price. What a jerk that guy must have really been. :rolleyes:

Legally, the company would have to take the item back and provide you a refund (big ticket items are sent a couple weeks later from the corporate office unless you paid with a credit card). However, they are NOT legally required to let you immediately repurchase it at the sale price. They can very easily tell you that they're sorry, but since it must be re-entered into the store's inventory, that it will have to be processed by receiving first, and then will be restocked. First person to get to it after it goes back on the shelf gets it.

Guest general41391

Just be happy about the prices now!!!

I hope my best buy price matches. I am not making my final list until next thursday. I need to actually have the ads in my hands!

Catch all.

Competitors - I had Walmart tell me they don't consider the Sam's Club next door to be a competitor. I pointed out that if you are not in competition with them (and since you are essentially the same company) then you should honor the price on the identical item. They didn't appreciate that. :mischievo:lolrun: :lolrun:

Refunds, Exchanges, PM, PA. I understand some of the frustration behind the "wait in line like the rest of us" comments. I salute the stores who close the Refund or Exchange desks for those doorbusting hours. Price adjustments should only be honored while the limited number of items to be offerred are still available in the store (get up with the rest of us) but I don't understand the complaint about PM! If store X or store W :) is willing to match the prices of several other stores, on the exact items, during the sale hours, what on Earth is wrong with that? It happens every single day. It saves me time and travel expenses and I probably develop more store loyalty for them.

Returns - be aware of those "restocking fees"! (read the fine print on those return policies BEFORE you buy things, especially those electronics and big ticket items)

"I want to go to other stores to" - :violin: Don't we all? :lmao: That's the whole idea - pick the most important one, camp out and hope for the best elsewhere.

Finally for all those who plan to try some sort of return or pa scheme anyway, at least one store is looking for you "Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return". :eek: :homer:DOH!:g_doh:

Catch all.

Competitors - I had Walmart tell me they don't consider the Sam's Club next door to be a competitor. I pointed out that if you are not in competition with them (and since you are essentially the same company) then you should honor the price on the identical item. They didn't appreciate that. :mischievo:lolrun: :lolrun:

Refunds, Exchanges, PM, PA. I understand some of the frustration behind the "wait in line like the rest of us" comments. I salute the stores who close the Refund or Exchange desks for those doorbusting hours. Price adjustments should only be honored while the limited number of items to be offerred are still available in the store (get up with the rest of us) but I don't understand the complaint about PM! If store X or store W :) is willing to match the prices of several other stores, on the exact items, during the sale hours, what on Earth is wrong with that? It happens every single day. It saves me time and travel expenses and I probably develop more store loyalty for them.

Returns - be aware of those "restocking fees"! (read the fine print on those return policies BEFORE you buy things, especially those electronics and big ticket items)

"I want to go to other stores to" - :violin: Don't we all? :lmao: That's the whole idea - pick the most important one, camp out and hope for the best elsewhere.

Finally for all those who plan to try some sort of return or pa scheme anyway, at least one store is looking for you "Best Buy reserves the right to deny any return". :eek: :homer:DOH!:g_doh:

You go!!!

I think you speak for a lot of us in EVERY word you just said. RIGHT NOW.

:woot2: :woot2: :woot2: :woot2: :woot2: