No toys being bought this year (Kids getting older)

Buckeye Shopper

My son who is 9 is pretty much out of the toy phase except for beyblades, and my daughter who is 7 is more into clothes and such. But then i have a 15 month old and a 3 month old to buy for too, so that kind of makes up for it.

I know what you mean. It was sad to shop BF at wal mart last year and just walk past all the toy deals. I do still get each of the kids a cheap game every year, but that is about it. My kids are 10, 13, and 15. My sons want video games of course, and my 13 yr. old dd wants jewelry and gc mostly. My 10 yr. old hasn't been into toys much for years. He is a sports fanatic, so he has always wanted sports equipment and jerseys of his favorite players over toys.

I dont want to buy toys this year either, and my youngest is only 2. She does not like to play with toys at all. She wants to do what the big kids are doing. Every toy she got for her birthday, she does not play with it. Half of them are still unopened from May. Not sure what to get her this year.

I dont want to buy toys this year either, and my youngest is only 2. She does not like to play with toys at all. She wants to do what the big kids are doing. Every toy she got for her birthday, she does not play with it. Half of them are still unopened from May. Not sure what to get her this year.

Wow I can't imagine a 2 year old who doe not play with toys!! Why not get her something to do...some kind of tumbling or gymnastics, ballet, children's museum pass. If your older ones have a tablet why not get her one of kids ones or one those 49.00 mentioned in other threads.

My dd is easy, she asks for everything lol. My son is the tough one, but it's always been that way. I still have a great niece to buy for so I have a few toys to buy. I just saddens me that my kids have gotten to the age where thy both no longer want toys. My daughter did see the bouncy dog and she like it.

What is this bouncy dog? I haven't seen anything like that. Sounds like something my DD might like.

toy shopping is going to light this year at my house also. I have four boys ranging from 7-16 and toys are scarce. I will probably get them some nerf guns (all of them) to play with on xmas in the house,maybe a remote control or two, legos. The new nerf firvision football & bounce ball are cool too. Thats probably about it. all they wants are electronics & xbox stuff.