Official Black Friday HDTV Discussion Thread

Brad

If anyone is interested in the 55" Samsung LED 1080P HDTV which is suppose to be a doorbuster, it's apparently available to purchase online....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_dynSessConf=-5694873037460129346&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=6846823&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

Edited by adulaney
Updating the correct link.

Can anyone tell me, a friend wanted to know if there are any 1080p 32 inch televisions on BF Sales, now I had not searched for that, as 1080 wasn't on my list, I have mostly 720's I could go thru all the ads again, but I thought some of you may know off the bat .

Just sayin'...you'd have to be sitting LESS THAN FIVE FEET from the tv in order for the human eye to differentiate between 720p and 1080p on a 32" HDTV. Even with a 60" one, you need to be sitting with 7 ft in order to see the full benefits of 1080p. Unless you have vision significantly better than 20/20... Besides, almost nothing is broadcast in true 1080p - your only reliable source of 1080p material would be most (not all) Blu-Rays and some games.

If you're not going to be sitting that close, then its silly to spend more money on a 1080p tv.

Does anybody know if you can buy the Visio 65" off the Sam's club website and still get the black Friday price? Looking to get this TV without having to deal with all the crowds:

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/black-friday-2001-Vizio65RazorLED1080p120HzSmartHDTV.html

Your best bet would be to watch & check this thread: SamsClub.com Black Friday Sale

Also, here is the link to that television: HERE

As of this moment, you can't order it online. BUT it does say this on the tv's webpage: Black Friday Special Starts Wed Nov 21 11 pm EST/10 pm CST

So maybe???

Anyone have thoughts on the 26" insignia at best buy? Anyone have an insignia tv?

I have an 26" insignia that I bought on black friday 2 years ago, and it has not given me any problems. The sound quality is so so. Overall not a bad tv though. I would just like to try to get bigger this year.

Wal mart will have some of their deals online and they have a few tv deals BUT trying to shop for some of the "big" ticket items can be just as hard online as it is in store. You have to be quick or the deal will be gone before you even start to checkout.

My Sears only had one of their entrances assigned for handing out of the tickets for the TV. Something that my Sears did that REALLY pissed me off is they came out with tickets asked what you were here for and we said for starters the 50" Toshiba. Gave us the ticket for it. Not bothering to fill us in on their designed policy of ony ONE DOORBUSTER per person. The continued down the line. When they took us inside set us up on lines for registers, I asked about the Canon T3i they told me 1 doorbuster per person. I said since when, and the Canon was NOT a doorbuster. After much running around by them they realized their mistake and I went to the register. DH went to his register and purchased the TV for the Tricky Tray. I tell the cashier that I want to put the TV on layaway, set that up and said don't forget the TV behind,put that on layaway too. He does I pay (of course their system would not accept that I wanted to pay more than the minimum I had to make a separate payment for the extra I wanted to put down) DH goes to pick up the TV, I am talking to him saying I hope they don't "lose my TV and camera". The associate scanning receipts says "oh you are the one who put the TV on layaway. Doorbusters are not to go on layaway" I responded since when? Your advertising on TV says about the doorbusters and layaway available. As soon as I said that he said "Oh okay" I guess figured they could make their own rules and not what Sears has been announcing all season. We plan on picking up the layaway next Sunday (we could not fit our 2 TVs plus a neighbors TV in our car all together. They will be in so much trouble if I get their and one of my items is missing!!!

Now I have to wait and see how long it takes for them to put my bonus points into my SYWR account...

Toshiba 50" TV

I see it at Sears for 299, best buy for 399 and HHGregg for 499. Same exact model. Normally Best Buy and HH Gregg price match. What about this sale?

Oh my gosh, I can't say I am surprised, good old SEARS :yuck: Hope it all works out

We were trying for the 40 inch at walmart and hubby did NOT score it :( but I can't say I am surprised, he didn't go to Walmart early...so we thought we may have a 50% chance of it..

My Sears only had one of their entrances assigned for handing out of the tickets for the TV. Something that my Sears did that REALLY pissed me off is they came out with tickets asked what you were here for and we said for starters the 50" Toshiba. Gave us the ticket for it. Not bothering to fill us in on their designed policy of ony ONE DOORBUSTER per person. The continued down the line. When they took us inside set us up on lines for registers, I asked about the Canon T3i they told me 1 doorbuster per person. I said since when, and the Canon was NOT a doorbuster. After much running around by them they realized their mistake and I went to the register. DH went to his register and purchased the TV for the Tricky Tray. I tell the cashier that I want to put the TV on layaway, set that up and said don't forget the TV behind,put that on layaway too. He does I pay (of course their system would not accept that I wanted to pay more than the minimum I had to make a separate payment for the extra I wanted to put down) DH goes to pick up the TV, I am talking to him saying I hope they don't "lose my TV and camera". The associate scanning receipts says "oh you are the one who put the TV on layaway. Doorbusters are not to go on layaway" I responded since when? Your advertising on TV says about the doorbusters and layaway available. As soon as I said that he said "Oh okay" I guess figured they could make their own rules and not what Sears has been announcing all season. We plan on picking up the layaway next Sunday (we could not fit our 2 TVs plus a neighbors TV in our car all together. They will be in so much trouble if I get their and one of my items is missing!!!

Now I have to wait and see how long it takes for them to put my bonus points into my SYWR account...

I know alot of people say not to get Westinghouse... I got one back in 2006 a 32inch and it runs perfectly. We have moved 1x and moved it several times inside our house. Still works great like when new. Right now its in the basement waiting to be installed on the wall. I upgraded to a 42inch 3D smartTVfor my bedroom last year so DH has taken it for his shop...

I bought a 32" Westinghouse from Best Buy a number of years ago (maybe 2006) and it is excellent. It has been used continually and has not had any problems. Others comment on the excellent image. I bought another one for a friend a couple years ago and that tv is also fine. I would definitely buy a Westinghouse again and have recommended it to others who are seeking value and quality in a television.

I bought a 32" Westinghouse from Best Buy a number of years ago (maybe 2006) and it is excellent. It has been used continually and has not had any problems. Others comment on the excellent image. I bought another one for a friend a couple years ago and that tv is also fine. I would definitely buy a Westinghouse again and have recommended it to others who are seeking value and quality in a television.[/quoteS]

We got ours in 2006 too from Best Buy! Still working great.

Oh my gosh, I can't say I am surprised, good old SEARS :yuck: Hope it all works out

We were trying for the 40 inch at walmart and hubby did NOT score it :( but I can't say I am surprised, he didn't go to Walmart early...so we thought we may have a 50% chance of it..

Sorry if this is not the right place to post. NEWBIE here! Totally bombed on all BF HDTV attempts. Where do I look on GD for Cyber Monday?