Official Black Friday VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread

Brad

I won't be able to stand in line for one so I wanted to know if there is a deal online? thanks

Best Buy Sony PlayStation 3 250GB Bundle $199.99

Sam's Club Sony Playstation 3 250GB Bundle $249.00

Target Sony Playstation 3 250GB Bundle $199.99

check the Online Black Friday Shopping for the sales to go live they might have them online

plus keep an eye on amazon they could possibly have just as good or better.

Does anyone know where, in store or online, I can get a good discount on any of the following PS3 games?:

007 Legends

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

WWE '13

Halo 4

I noticed WWE '13 on an Amazon list but I forget where I saw it and I don't know what day it is (lightning deal). I'll be in line all day Thursday and out until middle of the night Friday so I'm hoping it's Friday before I go to work. The other three I haven't seen on sale anywhere. Thanks for any help with this!

Edited by DivaOfDeals

Well, I hope everyone that wanted a Wii U got one. I put mine on reserve at Bestbuy 09/14. I went to pick it up tonight, and was told they took too many pre-orders and did not have one for me. They claim they only received 10 for those on reserve. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Maybe my local store is just incompetent. I have a feeling they plan on having some Friday because she told me they would hold me one from next Friday's shipment. Not so sure I should trust them to do that. I ask about this Friday and she acted funny and said that's Black Friday.

If you didn't get one pre-ordered they will be very difficult to come by, hit or miss when stores will have them. Many Gamestops have waiting lists in the hundreds as to why they're advertising they will not have any for BF. I got 2 so I'm selling one, maybe both to help with other things.

I am hoping the Wii-U will be available in Best Buy on BF. I plan on grabbing two of them for friends. As for me, I NEVER buy video games brand new or at full price. I usually wait years before I get the "new" system. My kids still play with their original Wii as well as their Gamecubes.

We preordered ours from Best Buy on September 16. Ours shipped on Friday, weill be here today. DOn't lknow how we lucked out. I had put it in the cart the week before to show my teenage son how much it would be total with tax. He had been saving since early spring because he knew it would be released this year. He gets 10.00 allowance. He didn't think he would have enough money so left the website for a week and said no. A week later he was really wanting it again and everyone was out of preorders. He got on Best Buy and tehy were sold out on preorders . He kept looking on the site and looked up at the cart icon and it still showed the preorder in our cart. It allowed us to check out and preorder . When I called to question it, she said not to worry. No Wii U's would be sold in the stores until every single preorder was fulfilled even if it took multiple shipments.

Well, I hope everyone that wanted a Wii U got one. I put mine on reserve at Bestbuy 09/14. I went to pick it up tonight, and was told they took too many pre-orders and did not have one for me. They claim they only received 10 for those on reserve. Has anyone else had this happen to them? Maybe my local store is just incompetent. I have a feeling they plan on having some Friday because she told me they would hold me one from next Friday's shipment. Not so sure I should trust them to do that. I ask about this Friday and she acted funny and said that's Black Friday.

I am hoping the Wii-U will be available in Best Buy on BF. I plan on grabbing two of them for friends. As for me, I NEVER buy video games brand new or at full price. I usually wait years before I get the "new" system. My kids still play with their original Wii as well as their Gamecubes.

You won' t find one in store until every single preorder is fulfilled. IF they oversold preorders, it isn't going to happen. I called them and that's what I was told.

If you didn't get one pre-ordered they will be very difficult to come by, hit or miss when stores will have them. Many Gamestops have waiting lists in the hundreds as to why they're advertising they will not have any for BF. I got 2 so I'm selling one, maybe both to help with other things.

That's the reason that the kids that want them won't have them. It's not right for people to do that. It makes me furious when people buy more than they need to try and resell for profit. You are hurting other families christmas. It's wrong and there should be a limit of 1 until they get out and on the shelves fully so the people that try to buy them up for profit can't do it.

We preordered ours from Best Buy on September 16. Ours shipped on Friday, weill be here today. DOn't lknow how we lucked out. I had put it in the cart the week before to show my teenage son how much it would be total with tax. He had been saving since early spring because he knew it would be released this year. He gets 10.00 allowance. He didn't think he would have enough money so left the website for a week and said no. A week later he was really wanting it again and everyone was out of preorders. He got on Best Buy and tehy were sold out on preorders . He kept looking on the site and looked up at the cart icon and it still showed the preorder in our cart. It allowed us to check out and preorder . When I called to question it, she said not to worry. No Wii U's would be sold in the stores until every single preorder was fulfilled even if it took multiple shipments.

I'm glad you got yours for your son. It is very discouraging when you go to pick that thing up and it's not there. What really made me mad was Walmart had them in stock Sunday morning and had I known that they wouldn't have it for me, I could have been there to grab one. So I guess there is hope that I may get one by Christmas, going by what you were told..... The young lady I talked to told me she would guarantee I would have one next Friday, but I just don't know whether to trust that or not. If I can find one, I will buy it and let them sell that one to someone else.

Edited by Kim3498

You won' t find one in store until every single preorder is fulfilled. IF they oversold preorders, it isn't going to happen. I called them and that's what I was told.

Well, I will be going to the Best Buy store anyway, so we'll see. They always say one thing and do another. I was even told that pre-orders come from a warehouse and have nothing to do with the store stock. I banking on the fact that they probably did not release all of them on launch day and held back some for BF. But even if I dont get on BF, my friends have a back up plan so it will be ok.

That's the reason that the kids that want them won't have them. It's not right for people to do that. It makes me furious when people buy more than they need to try and resell for profit. You are hurting other families christmas. It's wrong and there should be a limit of 1 until they get out and on the shelves fully so the people that try to buy them up for profit can't do it.

Sorry you feel that way but it's not wrong at all. If someone wanted one bad enough they could have preordered them the same way I did and everyone else that got one. You can not wait when a new system is launched and expect to pick one up later, that's just not how it works. Yes, I will sell mine for a profit, and that profit will go towards helping my family.

Sorry you feel that way but it's not wrong at all. If someone wanted one bad enough they could have preordered them the same way I did and everyone else that got one. You can not wait when a new system is launched and expect to pick one up later, that's just not how it works. Yes, I will sell mine for a profit, and that profit will go towards helping my family.

Well, actually, I am proof that not everyone who pre-ordered one got one, and yes, I wanted it very badly.

Edited by Kim3498

Unfortunately BestBuy did that to a number of people so I should have said "most" instead of everyone. You can NOT trust the websites for correct inventory as many only update first thing in the morning and will often say "in stock" when they are not. Your best bet is to call each store to verify.

Unfortunately BestBuy did that to a number of people so I should have said "most" instead of everyone. You can NOT trust the websites for correct inventory as many only update first thing in the morning and will often say "in stock" when they are not. Your best bet is to call each store to verify.

I didn't reserve mine online. I reserved it at my local store. Yeah, I was told they only got 10 in and took way too many reserves. I don't believe that....

Sorry, I meant the website comment as of now. BestBuy did take too many preorders and actually cancelled some without notice, many who were watching for the charges to go through on their card were notified that it was denied or the order itself was cancelled. They heard nothing from BB themselves. Some stores may have them in the next couple days, except Gamestop as they say in their ad they will have none, but of the few that do they will be the 8GB version and not the deluxe most likely.

Sorry, I meant the website comment as of now. BestBuy did take too many preorders and actually cancelled some without notice, many who were watching for the charges to go through on their card were notified that it was denied or the order itself was cancelled. They heard nothing from BB themselves. Some stores may have them in the next couple days, except Gamestop as they say in their ad they will have none, but of the few that do they will be the 8GB version and not the deluxe most likely.

They are telling me they will have me one next Friday, and it will be the Deluxe. Just don't know whether to trust that or not....

Just call around until then, if you find one then you don't have to worry with them.

I have called EVERYWHERE even remotely near me. There are none available!

EDIT: Well, I just talked to Walmart and they are saying it is showing as in stock because they have some in layaway. They will not have them BF.

Edit Edit: Just spoke to our local BB manager, and she guarantees me a console by Christmas. I am very upset with them right now. They only had 3 pre-orders and accidently sold mine during the Midnight release. She did also confirm they have already received their trucks for BF and will not have any for the BF sale.

Edited by Kim3498

Hi guys,

I got a Wii U (Deluxe) today at my local Target. I kept checking the web site and it suddenly showed availablity at my store so I went and was lucky enough to get one. I had also set up alerts at "now in stock" online and was checking that pretty frequently. I could have gotten one online at Walmart a couple of times, but I have a Target Red card and wanted to save the 5%. Hope this helps someone!

Edited by disgrajak