Official Black Friday VIDEO GAME Discussion Thread

Brad

As always, we have several dedicated threads for the hotter items each Black Friday. Please try to keep all discussion related to these items in their official threads. Other threads posted will likely be merged into this main thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I didn't know if there was already a thread for this so if this one needs to be moved, then that's fine.....anyway, I have 2 sons and both want a 3ds. I saw that right now they are $169. Target has them on sale that if you buy 1 then you egg a $20 GC. Does anyone think this might be the best I'm gonna get on buying 2 of them or should I hold off? Im trying to be even more frugal than I was last year which might be impossible. I did pretty darn good last year with all my coupons and savings.

I actually dont think this is the best deal you will get on these this holiday season. Last year TRU was offering at least one game and a $60 gift card with purchase and Target offered a $50 gift card plus an additional $10 gift card with coupon. I am also looking for a 3DS deal this year and I am definitely holding out to I see an awesome deal like last year. :)

Not happy with the prices. Looks like I may be passing on this. First time I have ever not gotten a Nintendo product on launch

Preorder 2, hope you can make a little profit on the other one by selling it on eBay, use that as a "discount" on yours :P

I don't know if it is going to be as big as the Wii was. They really are not saying much about it at all that I have seen.

It is kinda hard to gauge how popular something like that will be. My local Gamestop is saying they expect it to be big, though. I think with the release date so close to Christmas it will be, but who knows. Wonder when Amazon will be taking pre-orders?

So i'm looking for one of these game consoles this year - to do zumba and other things w/kids, but have no idea what to get. Do I get the older Wii or xbox? I am clueless to what these game consoles give you.

Well, you could use the regular Wii or the Xbox 360 with Kinect. I like the 360 with Kinect better because you don't have to use controllers, it just reacts with your body. With the regular Wii you have to use controllers.

I guess I will be pre-ordering the Wii U from Bestbuy. I had filled out to be notified when it was available from Amazon, and just got this e-mail:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.

Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change.

We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.

I guess I will be pre-ordering the Wii U from Bestbuy. I had filled out to be notified when it was available from Amazon, and just got this e-mail:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank for you signing up to be notified when the Wii U is available.

Unfortunately the Wii U console is not available at Amazon.com at this time but please check back in the future, as availability may change.

We do have the latest Wii U games and accessories available now so check them out.

Thank you for shopping with Amazon Video Games.

Article about it: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/14/wii-u-not-available-at-amazon/

Strange considering the other Amazon sites (UK, etc...) are all taking preorders. Maybe Amazon isn't getting the price from Nintendo they want to make enough $ on them.

I preordered from BB yesterday just to have an order placed in case I decide to get one.

Any actual game deals? My son wants Pokemon White V2 for the DS and the 2013 versions of the sport games for the XBOX (Madden, NCAA and NBA)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using GottaDeal

I haven't saw anything great right now, but ToysRUs usually has deals on games closer to Christmas. They usually do a Buy 2 get 1 free or Buy 1 get 1 half off. They usually start this around the end of October or early November.