Have you started Christmas shopping or are you wating for Black Friday?

gatorburg

Just wrapped my first 33 gifts tonight. So excited to be in the season already. The only problem with starting so soon is I always go overboard lol

OMG. 33!! My question is by the time holiday rolls around, do you remember where you hide them ? Also , what happen if later down the road, you found a better gift for someone who already has one of those wrapped gift?

OMG. 33!! My question is by the time holiday rolls around, do you remember where you hide them ? Also , what happen if later down the road, you found a better gift for someone who already has one of those wrapped gift?

Most were for my 3 year old twins. I picked up a layaway at Kmart and it was their clothes and some toys for them. So if I find something better I will just buy that too lol. And I hide them all in this sewing room I have off the bedrooms that they never go in. The older kids stuff is usually smaller and I always hide that in our luggage. No one ever thinks to look there

Just wrapped my first 33 gifts tonight. So excited to be in the season already. The only problem with starting so soon is I always go overboard lol

how do you keep the packaging from going to crap :P I'm sure I'd probably lose the tags and have to cleverly try to unwrap and figure out what was what.

I am still waiting until close to BF when I will start looking online with the BF prices in hand. In fact, at this time of year I tend to postpone some "regular" purchases for myself and encourage my wife (who is not heavy into BF) to do so so that I can see if I can get something I need for a better price on BF.

Most were for my 3 year old twins. I picked up a layaway at Kmart and it was their clothes and some toys for them. So if I find something better I will just buy that too lol. And I hide them all in this sewing room I have off the bedrooms that they never go in. The older kids stuff is usually smaller and I always hide that in our luggage. No one ever thinks to look there

I hope your older ones don't come across this forum, LOL. I am pretty sure my teenager tears up the house looking for presents everytime I leave. She always has this crazy smile on her face and pushes me out the door.

how do you keep the packaging from going to crap :P I'm sure I'd probably lose the tags and have to cleverly try to unwrap and figure out what was what.

That would be my issue....I would love to wrap now....not my favorite Christmas activity.....

I bought one present for my mom and one for my sister. I usually wait until the last minute to shop (super bad habit) but these were really good deals (one of them was an antique that has been outrageous in price everywhere and the person who was selling the one I bought had it was underpriced) and I knew it was something they would love so I went ahead and bought them. I'm still trying to find the "perfect" gift for my dad.

I always pack in boxes and I write an initial on paper under tag. I wrap hundreds of gifts every year so if I don't start now I will never get done.

I have my daughters kindle almost paid for, my granddaughters car seat is bought, my 6and 8 granddaughters tablets are bought. My 10 grand son and my own son 15 haven't told me what they really want yet. My oldest son either. I did buy my oldest son a set of 40 war dvds when they had a woot off. HE's been to Iraq twice and likes those things. My youngest son is buying a wii u himself, He has it on preorder, so He will wants lots of games for it probably. He will come with a big list closer to christmas. He hasn't really thought about it much. I will buy my newest grandbaby a lot of clothes and girl stuff. I keep her every day, so she is spoiled. I think she's getting new pair of Roper cowgirl boots too. We have horses. I'm a big horse person. She will be on a horse next year. My xmas club came this week. The bank shorted me. I had to take my payment book in and show them, they could see they shorted me, they couldn't figure out where they money was so I had to go back in later and get another check, so I have 800 spend that I won't cash until black friday. My oldest has been renting his house out, but is moving back into it this month and will need furniture, he gave his to his sister when he moved out. I have a good start I think.

t

Have all teens so second guessing is a little difficult. Started slowly in February when I bought various north face jackets from moosejaw for about 60% off. Am really THRILLED because I just bought the oldest DD a set of Vera Bradley duffles and weekender for over 80% off yesterday online. Wanted to get them last year but missed the deal. Also got a bunch of clothes from AE yesterday - 40% off clearance and free ship. Love it when that happens! :smart:

I've already gotten my oldest daughter's big gift since I found a good deal on a dollhouse at TRU and a few other small items. Her birthday is also in December so I still have to figure out another big gift. I need to start making lists and get cracking on it!

Have all teens so second guessing is a little difficult. Started slowly in February when I bought various north face jackets from moosejaw for about 60% off. Am really THRILLED because I just bought the oldest DD a set of Vera Bradley duffles and weekender for over 80% off yesterday online. Wanted to get them last year but missed the deal. Also got a bunch of clothes from AE yesterday - 40% off clearance and free ship. Love it when that happens! :smart:

Oh my gosh! Where do you find these deals? Would love to have some new Vera luggage, but don't want to pay full price! Was also looking to buy a new North Face.

I have started and have a lot if stuff bought for all 3 of my kiddos, just need a few more gifts, stocking stuffers, and anything I can't pass up on BF. I just bought my 3 year old the Lalaloopsy playhouse by Little Tikes for $85 from Walmart and she is going to be thrilled (also got her the Lalaloopsy mermaid doll). My DD 11 wants a Zelda Ocarina and my DS 7 wants everything on the Nick commercials, so I still haven't settled on his big gift. I am already so excited for the holidays :D

I am also looking for a new jacket, North Face or Patagonia, Something warm I will be using it while camping out. I have a Columbia that is about 10 years old I know that there is newer stuff out that is probably warmer.

A couple of years ago, I started my Christmas shopping in September, thinking I'd get a jump on the season and could enjoy December instead of being stressed. What actually happened is I bought DOUBLE the amount I usually do, because once BF hit I shopped the same amount I had in years past. :tongue1: So this year, I'll wait until BF, unless I see a few good deals at WM that I can put on layaway. :)

A couple of years ago, I started my Christmas shopping in September, thinking I'd get a jump on the season and could enjoy December instead of being stressed. What actually happened is I bought DOUBLE the amount I usually do, because once BF hit I shopped the same amount I had in years past. :tongue1: So this year, I'll wait until BF, unless I see a few good deals at WM that I can put on layaway. :)

Ha! I've done that myself! I usually am off work the week before Christmas, but because of the way it falls this year, I'm not. Which is good in a way, because I'll shop all week up to Christmas Eve, even when I promise I'm done! I just hope I'm not too stressed trying to do everything last minute, probably will be...

started? Usually I am about done! but not this year... soccer got in the way of shopping! so, i am way behind. need cell phone for dd12, ds 11 tablet, ds10 coal rocks etc. and dd7 everything! Black Friday is usually the day i finish but i think i need st start first. oh gosh I am soo behind schedule!