Walmart layaway is back with lower fees

Illinoismom

I just read it on my facebook page. I'm excited. I was worried at first when I saw all the comments that said it was a 15.00 startup fee and 10% down but then I read that you get the 15.00 back on a Walmart gift card after you make the final payment. I will just save that gift card to spend BF...

It said that there are limited hours Nov. 23. So, I bet you won't be able to put much on layaway that day. I also wish that you could put clothes on layaway. But it is better than nothing.

I really wish they would bring it back for good.

I dont mind the $10.00 or the 10% but $15.00 startup fee.... that is a little to high. Sears only has a $5.00 startup fee.

I don't mind as long as I get it back..I think they are doing it to ensure that the layaways are serious purchases. They did away with layaway in part due to the high number of cancellations. That's a lot of merchandise to hold if the sale isn't going to be completed.

I don't mind as long as I get it back..I think they are doing it to ensure that the layaways are serious purchases. They did away with layaway in part due to the high number of cancellations. That's a lot of merchandise to hold if the sale isn't going to be completed.

Yeah, I don't mind either knowing that I will get it back. I don't even mind that it will be put on a gift card. I can always use a Walmart gift card.. :)

Hello everyone! I'm so excited the BF forums are open!! Anyhoo, I agree with everyone else about the $15 startup fee. I get it back, which is good. I do understand why they are doing this tho. You still have some ppl who will cancel and that just makes things more hectic on WM's end. Hey, they are being nice by bringing back layaway at an important time, which is helping me out LOTS, so I have no problem with it.

I am so excited to hear this. My DS has been asking for an ipod touch this year and this will make it more managablet to get for him. I dont normally do layaway but I am definitely going to do it this year so I can spread out the payments :D

Here is the press release for walmart layaway. It also says that if you like your local walmart on facebook you can start your layaway on Septemeber 14, which is two days earlier than everyone else

http://news.walmart.com/news-archive/2012/08/20/christmas-layaway-is-back-better-at-walmart

Funny how they advertise this but there is no where to sign up for it. I have searched all the Walmarts in my area and none of them have it.

I found all my local Walmarts. I was talking about being able to sign up for the early Layaway.

I don't think you actually have to sign up anywhere...I just think it is a way that Walmart can get you to like your local Walmart page. I bet they don't check. I am going to take a print out of the actual corporate press release.

I am so glad they are bringing back layaway!

I worked at walmart 15 years ago and i can tell you first hand what a pain in the butt layaway is. I TOTALLY understand the $15.00 and honestly I am suprised you get it back when you pick up the layaway. I would be fine with loosing the $15.00! LOL!