Official Black Friday Countdown & Anticipation Thread

Brad

I'm ready, wife is ready but I'm about 101% sure our bank account isn't. Is going to be a good holiday season though, little will be 2 by the time Christmas gets here and she will totally be into it. BF is a tradition for my wife and I she even insisted we go out the year our little one was to be born which happened a couple weeks later. Give me turkey, stuffing, football and last minute scouring of the actual local ads to see if we missed anything from the site here. It's funny I was looking at my HD on the laptop the other day and I have all the ad's stored from the past few years in directories for that year. We ARE certainly a winter holiday family. :) I'm hoping this year when help is needed on this site I will actually have some free time to offer up my services, always fun to be part of goings on....

ITA! I need to start saving up also. I may need to find a second job. All those gifts are going to buy themselves! :D

I agree on need a 2nd job to support the BF cause. Just like I got a 2nd stomach for any dessert/sweet

Wish I had anything saved. :( Looks like everyone here is asking for Surface tablets, or a laptop. And my husband is about to take a new job at a slight pay cut (wish he had taken that severance pkg!) so I'm curious to see how I will pull off Christmas shopping. And with that wish list, not much BF shopping. But, I always manage to find something to buy! My favorite is the drug stores sales... :)

what is everyones black friday budgets im around 750 saved now

I cannot wait for fall and of course the holidays!! We were in Sam's Club this weekend and they had Halloween decor out; we're due to close this week so I cannot wait to start shopping for new decorations!!

We also do Christmas Club accounts and I have that money on the 1st of October. I add to that as well but try to stay around $500 per kid...

BJS coming to you live and in Hi-Def!

:eek::sidesplit

I'm pretty pumped about it! I am going to try and do alot on Amazon this year like I did last year. That worked out well for me last year. I didn't have as much to go out for but still got to go and have fun.

I'm ready to work on those comparison charts w/ Stationchief ;) I worked out my budget last month and have started my BF savings!! Not yet sure what I'll be buying this year, possibly a Nintendo 3DS or something like that for my daughter. Can't wait for the webcasts and to see ads start coming in :D

• 4 weeks later...

Im so ready! I love the rush of it... my daughter watches frosty the snowman and polar express at least once a week she gets the christmas spirit from her mommy. :)

My kids also love those movies. However my hubby bans Christmas movies until after Thanksgiving! We sometimes "sneak "one in when he is not home!

I'm kind of ready.

I know what I'd like (a decent laptop for up to $400). I just need to see what the ads are like when they come out. I'm hoping for a good deal at either office max, or office depot, as people have said that's my best chance of getting a laptop (I can't queue at the likes of Walmart and Best Buy etc coz I'll be BF shopping while on holiday from the UK). I am also hoping to get my usual haul of clothing from the Outlet stores. My favourite being the Ecko and Marc Ecko shops. I literally end up with a years supply of clothes for very little money!

I'm really, really excited. BF shopping for me means I'm on vacation, and (hopefully) having a whale of a time in (again hopefully) some nice sunny weather!

I'm kind of ready.

I know what I'd like (a decent laptop for up to $400). I just need to see what the ads are like when they come out.

Good luck, if you're not expecting dirt cheap or mega specs you should do well at either place unless Orlando travellers stop their site-seeing to BF shop and swamp the local stores.

Just a warning in case anyone tempts you to stay up and try online shopping BB had issues with stock last year and since you have limited time here it'd be awful to think you got it and then be left empty handed and tired for no good reason. Walmarts website was useless once it came online as well so I'd probably keep away from those.

Good luck, if you're not expecting dirt cheap or mega specs you should do well at either place unless Orlando travellers stop their site-seeing to BF shop and swamp the local stores.

Just a warning in case anyone tempts you to stay up and try online shopping BB had issues with stock last year and since you have limited time here it'd be awful to think you got it and then be left empty handed and tired for no good reason. Walmarts website was useless once it came online as well so I'd probably keep away from those.

Thank you :)

Tbh, it's not a million % important that I buy a laptop, I'd just like one if I can get a good deal on one. Yeah, here's hoping the stores aren't too busy!

Thanks for the heads up regarding online shopping. I'm only in Orlando for the week, so I think it might be cutting it a bit close if I order online and hope that it arrives at the hotel before I leave!

I am so excited for the ads to start rolling in! I can't wait!!!

Also I just saw a post on Facebook from a blogger who said they have the Walgreen's BF Ad and might post it later. Seriously I'll believe it when I see it!!!!

*edit*

Just checked it again and she posted a sneak peak list of Walgreens Black Friday Free after Register Reward Items!