Help finding backpacks!

Ok gottadealers! I need some serious help. I need 4 backpacks for the neices and nephews (2 of each) range from Kindergarten through 5th grade. Aunt T is trying to get them everything they need to start fresh for the school year. Their home life is not the best so school is their getaway. I have already spent around a hundred on just the school list and I have a 7th grader of my own that I have not purchased anything for so I need great prices. It is hard to watch them struggle because they can not choose a better home life and it has been difficult not to see them (even though they live in the same town) in over a year because their dad is a jerk so anything that will help them suceed to know there is better in the world I would love to help with.

Do you have a Kohls charge card? I was just on their site and they have Yak Pak backpacks on sale for $12.99 (reg $40) and starting tomorrow there is the 30% off code or coupon for charge card holders. As long as the sale price on them is the same tomorrow, they will be $9.09 each. Also their character backpacks are on sale for $14.99 before the code.

------------------------

Walgreens has backpacks buy 1 @ $10.99 get 1 free

Edited by noehlp

Great ideas Noehlp...

I wonder if your area does a "Stuff a bus" promotion where school supplies are donated? If so you could maybe add them to the list of kids that need some extra help? Here they get a backpack loaded down with school supplies. My husband donated $300 to it in our company name this year and they told us the retailers cut them "Deals" so they can do a backpack with lots of goodies for around $10-$12!

Good luck, its a wonderful thing your doing. WTG!

Yes, make sure there isn't a program in town first. Our town has a church that gets the supply list from the school for the k-6 grades and buys all the supplies for the whole school. We are a town of about 3000 so that is a lot of kids. YOu won't believe how many parents won't go get them because they are in a church. They come in a nice reuseable shopping bag too. The neighboring town also does a stuff the bus thing. You have to sign up for it. The one in our town however, the church has a list of every kid from the school and you just go pick up your supplies, no hassles.

Old Navy has them on sale this week for $9 and matching lunch bags for $5.

Thanks everyone for the info. The charity that does it in our area my company supports. Two weeks ago i went shopping for 1500 snacks to be place in the "Back To School Bash" handouts. Last year they handed out over 1200 and did not have enough for all the children that showed up. I didn't want to take away from 4 children if I could do it for them. I am checking out Kohl's I do have a Kohl's charge so I am going online now to find the ones mentioned above with the coupon and the 10.00 Kohl's cash I got this past weekend from getting there shoes if it will let me use Kohls cash online.

Thanks again!!!!!!