Sprint phones

mychza

I saw that they had a good deal for the new Samsung phones from sprint, but I couldn't read what all the conditions were to get that price. I know it probably involves getting a new service, so what would the price be if you just want to upgrade?

Sprint will normally give you $75 off the purchase of a new phone if you have had it 12-18 months, or $150 off for 18+ months. I am not sure if its change since I left in September, the merged with Nextel and may have changed things, but thats the way it had been for 2 years. Just call Sprint and ask for CEU. They will connect with the corporate end user department and people there will help you alot better. That is where I worked, and we could basically do what ever we wanted. The "regular" customer service line is really restricted on what they can and cannot do.

Sprint CURRENT offer as of 11-15-05:

$75 off phone price is been with sprint 12-18months

$150 off phone price is been with sprint 18+months

These are now INSTANT instore rebates (they used to be mail in but in July they switched cause they lost too many customers) so now INSTORE instant rebate up to $150 (depending how long you been with Sprint). Also you can get some sort of $$ for your current phone pending its in good shape and the model is not like a million years old. I think anywhere from $25-$75 so thats good. You have to sign up for a 2 year contract though.

Don't forget to ask about discounts for whom you work for. Sometimes you may qualify for a big discount and not even know. For example, UPS, American Airlines, Boeing, Lucent, IBM, GM, Ford are all 25% off the mrc every month just for working there. All they ask for is the address, phone number, and a supervisor's name. They don't verify it hint hint.

They generally don't give you a deal for an upgrade. It's usually full price. I think sprint does $150 towards a new phone after 18 months (you may want to check I'm not sure if it's more than that).

They've jumped it to 24 months now for the $150 towards a new phone when you sign a 2 year agreement. $75 if you sign a 1 year agreement.

After 12 months you can get $75 off with a 2 year and $25 off with a 1 year.

Also, now they charge $36 to activate a new phone which I've never had to pay before, and I used to change phones all the time. (Actually I think it says "a phone activation fee of up to $36 may apply".)

They've jumped it to 24 months now for the $150 towards a new phone when you sign a 2 year agreement. $75 if you sign a 1 year agreement.

After 12 months you can get $75 off with a 2 year and $25 off with a 1 year.

Also, now they charge $36 to activate a new phone which I've never had to pay before, and I used to change phones all the time. (Actually I think it says "a phone activation fee of up to $36 may apply".)

Yeah, they always stick it to you with that $% activation.

I ditched Sprint in April, even paid the cancellation fee just to get out of it. The service stunk in my area. When I initially signed up, it was the 18 month plan, but I think I do remember a friend of mine talking about 24 month upgrade now.

I highly recommend Cingular.

You should only have to pay one $36 activation fee. After that its free on all additional lines. And most of the time there is some kind of promo where it free especially if they opened a new store it the area. Its also up to the CSR. I never charged it.

When upgrading or updating to a NEW phone they are supposed to waive that fee it is only supposed to apply to NEW customers. My sister called and complained and had it taken off since she was just upgrading her phone.

Also they (Sprint) is supposed to have some type of free phone sale coming up on BF. I was told today when I went to update my phone that is 3 yrs old....she said (Salesperson) to wait until BF. :gd_not_ri

You also get a discount if you are in a Credit Union. So ask for ALL discounts you can get!!

Employer Discount

Credit Union Discount

Also sprint is mailing out these forms to renew your contract if you currently on a month-to-month plan (your old contract has expired) and it is good for $5.00 per month for the next 24months. (saving you $120.00)

You also get a discount if you are in a Credit Union. So ask for ALL discounts you can get!!

Employer Discount

Credit Union Discount

Also sprint is mailing out these forms to renew your contract if you currently on a month-to-month plan (your old contract has expired) and it is good for $5.00 per month for the next 24months. (saving you $120.00)

More great advice saturnboy01! :holiday10

Do you know if this monthly discount is in addition to the phone discount? or are these offers mutually exclusive? That might make a rather large :gd_dollar :gd_dollar :gd_dollar difference!! A potential :dazzler:

More great advice saturnboy01! :holiday10

Do you know if this monthly discount is in addition to the phone discount? or are these offers mutually exclusive? That might make a rather large :gd_dollar :gd_dollar :gd_dollar difference!! A potential :dazzler:

The $5.00 monthly discount is a promo for CURRENT customers who are on a month-to-month basis. You get a credit every month for $5.00 for the 24 month contract you will be signed. This offer is not valid on a 12 month contract, only 24. Any other questions please contact your local Sprint Provider.

The discount was sent out in a letter to customers a few weeks ago. I gone mine in the mail last week. :teacher: