Gift Exchange

mollannie

Any new ideas for gift exchanging? Two years ago we did the game where you could steal someone's present and last year we did the left/right game.

Looking for something different this year.

Thanks, Maria

whats the left right game or stealing someone's presents. I am having a party and all the children drew each others names for gifts, any ideas for games for them, they are ages 2-6 years old.

whats the left right game or stealing someone's presents. I am having a party and all the children drew each others names for gifts, any ideas for games for them, they are ages 2-6 years old.

left-right game is where you hand your gift to the person on your left or right.

Stealing game is where you put all the presents together then everyone takes turns taking one, or they have the choice to take yours:lolrun:

We do this and the women buy a woman present and the men buy a man present. Any ideas on any gift ideas I am having trouble thinking of something. Oh, we also do the stealing someones gift to exchange so I want to get something that will make it fun. I tried towels last year but that was not an idea that went over to well. but, everybody always has a good time. Just would like to add some excitement by having a cool gift. thx

We do this and the women buy a woman present and the men buy a man present. Any ideas on any gift ideas I am having trouble thinking of something. Oh, we also do the stealing someones gift to exchange so I want to get something that will make it fun. I tried towels last year but that was not an idea that went over to well. but, everybody always has a good time. Just would like to add some excitement by having a cool gift. thx

OUr family always likes the cool boxers (male or female) and lottery tickets are always fun.

Any new ideas for gift exchanging? Two years ago we did the game where you could steal someone's present and last year we did the left/right game.

Looking for something different this year.

Thanks, Maria

This sounds like what we do, we call it Dirty Santa. We draw names at first and then whoever can take whoevers gift, it can go on until we all go home. We do it at our family gathering/dinner on Xmas Eve. We have way to many members in our family to buy for so we found this works much better and all the gifts we buy are suppose to be $5-$10. This is just the adults, the children of the family get gifts from whomever brings them for them.

I find the Dirty Santa game takes too long with a large family. We do the left/right game. You read a made up story, not sure if it was a Christmas story. The words left and right are used through out the story. Every time left or right is said that is the direction you pass your gift, until the story is over. This one is a lot of fun. :yay:

I find the Dirty Santa game takes too long with a large family. We do the left/right game. You read a made up story, not sure if it was a Christmas story. The words left and right are used through out the story. Every time left or right is said that is the direction you pass your gift, until the story is over. This one is a lot of fun. :yay:

LOL u have to know our family we go over at 2pm or so and nobody leaves until 11pm or so, we love being around each other, we dance, play guesstures and everything, so anything to keep us there longer NOT A PROBLEM :D

I like we get home late too cause kids go right to bed and they are nice and wore out, me n hubby can relax for a bit make sure everyone is sound asleep, then catch us a nap.

LOL u have to know our family we go over at 2pm or so and nobody leaves until 11pm or so, we love being around each other, we dance, play guesstures and everything, so anything to keep us there longer NOT A PROBLEM :D

I like we get home late too cause kids go right to bed and they are nice and wore out, me n hubby can relax for a bit make sure everyone is sound asleep, then catch us a nap.

We get home late too. We then have to get out milk and cookies for Santa, put out reindeer food, wrap a couple more presents, put out the presents from Santa, fill the stockings and go to bed about 1:30 am. Then DS gets up at 6:00 am. :tired: Maybe we should start ealier in the day. :idea: We don't get started with the left/right game until after dinner which is around 6:00.

that's soooooo not a normal family,lol:eek:

j/k :jester::D

We do this and the women buy a woman present and the men buy a man present.

Every year ours changes, this year we are doing it this way. We also have another weird twist. 14 years ago when my aunt married her husband he bought a chiapet for the unisex exchange. Well..it has shown up ever year since..never opened. My honey got it last year, so we know we won't get it again this year. I haven't ever gotten it, but it is so funny, heck I almost forgot about it until I looked at what was in the christmas gift bag in the closet the other day.