Any Funny BF Stories?

BFbestbuy05

Just wondering if anyone had any funny stories from past years.

I've seen a guy sprint and hurtle Xboxs for stuff that wasnt even on sale!

Those kind of people make it a good time... Heres to you Mr. Waste of Space Xbox Jumper Guy. Thank you for making a fool out of yourself to make me laugh.

Oh and i've seen to hot blondies drop and brake a spool of 100 blanks CD's but there was no way in hell I was goin to help them!

five years ago i was 8 months pregnant and i sent my husband to kmart on thanksgiving morning to get an 89.00 tv for my two boys, and he came home thinking i was insane for shopping every year on the weekend of thanksgiving. He said that there were 80 year old women running through the store driving their shopping carts like they were competing in a NASCAR race. He said they were taking turns around the aisles on two wheels and even hollering to get out of the way . LOL needless to say i cant even beg and pleed with him to get out of the house anymore that weekend unless he is going hunting. He says he would reather babysit a hundred brats than try to compete with 80 year old veteren thanksgiving shoppers. He doesnt have a need for speed evidently. LOL ! I love the excitment of it all.

I gotta pretty funny story about this bf. Alright So im a waiter at chilis and yesterday I wake up go to work and unload the truck for our managers that had asked me to help them. I was excited because after i did that i was going to best buy to scope out the tv i wanted on bf. So after i go to best buy i get home and call my work to see if i had to work on bf because the new schedule had came out at 2pm. So im talking to my buddy nate (Bartender) on the phone and he tells me he is going to go look and be right back. so im sitting there playing with my new home entertainment center, bose might i add, and chris my manager picks up the phone to tell me that i was supposed to work that night. Im like no i wasnt i have my schedule right here from last week. and he tells me that i verbally agreed to work for someone else and that i wasnt on next weeks schedule.(I am the head trainer in our region and one of the top waiters for sales) And so im like okay so put me on there. and he says well its our policy that if you miss a shift that you will be terminated. so what do i say? The exact words outta my mouth were, " Yay, i guess that means i dont have to work on black friday!" and then i hung up. After i thought about it and am glad i had saved my money because i can still get the 42" plasma screen and still have money for xmas!

A few years ago we left my aunts Thanksgiving night around 10:00 and went over to the Best Buy to see if anyone was standing in line yet. No one was there, but there was a van in the parking lot. When we pulled in the parking lot, all 4 doors on the van fly open, and like a chinese fire drill these 6-7 people come flying out of the van and run up and get in line. It was pretty cold out, so we drove on through and noticed that after we went by, they ran back out to the van. So we rode through 4 or 5 more times and each time they chinese fire drilled to the doors just to run back to the van. Good times.

A few years ago we left my aunts Thanksgiving night around 10:00 and went over to the Best Buy to see if anyone was standing in line yet. No one was there, but there was a van in the parking lot. When we pulled in the parking lot, all 4 doors on the van fly open, and like a chinese fire drill these 6-7 people come flying out of the van and run up and get in line. It was pretty cold out, so we drove on through and noticed that after we went by, they ran back out to the van. So we rode through 4 or 5 more times and each time they chinese fire drilled to the doors just to run back to the van. Good times.

Them:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

You:

:razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Guest ddub221
My story is from last year. I was out at 5 AM at some other stores and then wanted to get to Best Buy which opened up at 7 AM. I got there 15 minutes before they opened and couldn't believe how long the line was. I wanted to get this Camcorder that was on sale. I waited in the parking lot walking slowly since they had BB people with Megaphones talking about how they would kick people out of the store for rushing the door or cutting in line. I noticed others were doing the same as I was and we planned to just run through the door anyhow. I decided to walk over to where they were selling coffee and the line actually doubled over where I was standing. When the doors opened, I just merged with the front of the line and happened to be like the 50th person in line. I found out that people in front of me had been in line since like 2 AM! Well, I fuond out that they presold all of the camcorders to the people that were in line already, so I was SOL. I asked a BB person if there were any more left and he said no. Luckily I asked a newer BB person that was helpful and he said that he would check and did find one behind the counter and gave it to me. Since I wanted 90 days same as cahs, he got me to Customer Service and I was the 1st person in line. Overall, I spent about 30 minutes total to get in the store, to buy my stuff, and to leave. NICE!!!!

Two years ago BestBuy had a decent e-machines computer for $199 and a 15" LCD for $99. Well, since this was my first bf experience, I had no clue that the line would be as long as it was when my friend and I got there.

We finally entered the store and ran around trying to find the various sale items --- there were no sale monitors or emachines left (i also hadn't realized the whole ticket deal).

Dejected, we just walked around looking for other items. They did have plenty of the $20 DVD players so we picked those up. After about an hour of looking around, I noticed an emachine box sitting next to the customer service desk. I inquired whether this was the sale item and one of the reps told me that yes, it was, but the person with the ticket was supposed to come back and get it (he/she has apparently left for some reason.) For the next 1/2 hour I kept coming back to check and it was still there. Finally, the rep told me that if by 10am nobody claimed it I could have it.

At around the same time I spotted a woman with two of the lcd monitors on line, literally the last two in the store as she had been carrying them around for some time. My friend and I walked over to near where she stood and started lamenting to eachother so that she could hear about how much I had wanted a monitor. It worked! The woman called us over and gave me the monitor. She said she really hadnt needed two but the price was so good she was going to give one as a gift. One down and one to go...

We stayed in the store until 10 and again, I got lucky, the emachine had not been claimed so I ended up with that too. In all, I had gotten everything I wanted. Lesson learned: Arrive early next year as I know I'm not lucky enough to repeat that performance.

I drug my mom out with me 2 years ago on BF - she was not pleased - but started getting into the frenzy at Walmart... I sent her to stand in line for a dvd player for my daughter while I stood in line for a ticket for a tv... my son came running to get me while I was in line screaming that "Grandma was on the floor"... seems as though they started tossing the dvd players to those in line and she got beamed with one in the head and hit the floor! Wasn't fuuny at the time, but people in line were GREAT and held my place while I went to help my mom... 2 people gave her the dvd players they had caught since she was knocked down and I had a spare to gift out... to say the least - she will NO LONGER go with me to my bf shopping - but as for me... I will be there EVERY year hunting down the Bargins! LoL

I drug my mom out with me 2 years ago on BF - she was not pleased - but started getting into the frenzy at Walmart... I sent her to stand in line for a dvd player for my daughter while I stood in line for a ticket for a tv... my son came running to get me while I was in line screaming that "Grandma was on the floor"... seems as though they started tossing the dvd players to those in line and she got beamed with one in the head and hit the floor! Wasn't fuuny at the time, but people in line were GREAT and held my place while I went to help my mom... 2 people gave her the dvd players they had caught since she was knocked down and I had a spare to gift out... to say the least - she will NO LONGER go with me to my bf shopping - but as for me... I will be there EVERY year hunting down the Bargins! LoL

haha poor granny.. i bet she was seeing ol tweet tweet :tweety:

You shoulda dropped someone out of sight, then drove away to make sure they all got back in the van. Then the other person swoops in from the back of the store and bam! First in line! The van people probably would have been pissed, you would have a good laugh, and you'd be on the local news (riots at Best Buy, film at 11).