Best Buy ads are Dissapointing

Nautical

Okay this is going to sound like a really dumb question but i wanted to know, What exactly are the "doorbusters" is the limited items only or what?

Door busters are the loss leaders which are sold first between 5AM-11AM (hours vary according to store).

Door busters are items like the laptops for $399, MP3 players for $39.99, etc.

We're quite pleased with the BB sales this year......and see some nice profit potential in the computers and laptops. We buy two of each (my wife and I each get a pair.....she kept her original last name so it appears we are different families....)

The laptops are sold on ebay.....last year, the same essential laptop deal was done by BB and we sold each for just above $700....decent profit on each.

The desktop units will be sold locally for around $300 the day we put them out for sale....this undercuts all the major sellers of desktops and the computers are new w/warranty.

Profit potential for the four units can approach $700, which isn't bad at all for being in line for a few hours.

But, the video card deal isn't great this year at all, the hard drive may be worth getting only to have a spare lying around (but Fry's is close on size/price a LOT of time), the LCD TV is somewhat tempting, and the LCD monitor....well, wish it had DVI inputs as our computers all have DVI-only outputs on their respective video cards. Hate having to use DVI-to-analog converters....sorta defeats the purpose of DVI in the end.

Guest Deals4Me

I too am dissappointed in a lot of ads.

Except for the carebears, I really dont want much from Walmart.

Although the DVDs at bb and walmart are somethign worthwhile....Especially bb with BBB.

I also plan to get a set of the Sims set for 25 and then sell the ones I dont already have....

DLP projectors suck compared to other kinds...have fun seeing rainbows. You can get so much better for $500... (im so ready for 800 people disagreeing with this but whatever... I have seen both DLP and CRT and there is only one winner)

And you can definitly get a smaller screen. Try making one using black-out fabric or you can use special paint on your wall. This way, you can make it any size you want and its 10x cheaper. Quality is much the same.

Compusa has a really nice hard drive. http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?&ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_code=333245

160GB Sata 19.99. I can't seem to dig much info up on this...is this regular sata or is it the new drive with SATA 3.0GB/s?

DLP projectors suck compared to other kinds...have fun seeing rainbows. You can get so much better for $500... (im so ready for 800 people disagreeing with this but whatever... I have seen both DLP and CRT and there is only one winner)

And you can definitly get a smaller screen. Try making one using black-out fabric or you can use special paint on your wall. This way, you can make it any size you want and its 10x cheaper. Quality is much the same.

Compusa has a really nice hard drive. http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?&ref=cj&pfp=cj&product_code=333245

160GB Sata 19.99. I can't seem to dig much info up on this...is this regular sata or is it the new drive with SATA 3.0GB/s?

I would assume it is SATA the original, not the new SATA II which has the 3.0GBs transfer rate. (theoretical, I think.)

Btw Nautical, for these 'better' projectors, are any of them anywhere near 450$?

The best ones are usually 8K (way too much for me). Most people get the middle range CRT's which are around 1K-3K. Then theres the lower end 7" ES sets that you can get very very cheap now. $450 with a DIY screen (usually the best for crt) is very feasible. If you're really interested email me and I'll help you out some. Ill PM you my email...

Yea I would assume it to be the SATA original, but that would be awesome if it were the 3.0GB/s one.

To me, BestBuy had their best BF deals two years ago --- I picked up a 15in LCD for $99, a decent for the time eMachines desktop for $199 (256mb ram, 80gb hd, etc), and two DVD players for $20 a piece.

Last year wasn't that great though I did score a few things and this year looks to be the same. I may try for the 19in (though I bought a 17in for $109 earlier this year) and the bogo portable DVD.