Walmart BF help....strategic planning....

MaddynAllysMom02

Okay, so this is the first year that Walmart really has stuff that I want....in the TOY section. <sigh>

Always the hardest place to get to, of course.

I need Cabbage Babies, the Video Nows, the mushroom chairs, and some other bits and pieces. Too much to simply carry............

So, my question to the professionals around here (grin) is.........

What can i do to get through the crowd and make sure I get what i want!

We start at TRU at 5am, and are generally done and parked outside of Walmart before 6am.........there are terribly long lines at Walmart, but they move quickly.........

So how do I go about this without getting beaten/run over/etc..........

Walmart starts at 5 am this year. Is there anything from TRU that you can get pricematched at WM?

And with all the publicity that Black Friday is getting this year...I think the lines will be worse than they've ever been.

But who knows..I may be wrong :2bat:

Good luck! ;)

I had no idea that Walmart was starting at 5am this year..........sigh.....

They usually do 6am, right? I know that the few years I have been going, its always been TRU open first, before anyone else......

Ah, well, maybe we will have to change our starting place, and do Walmart first.......although with the lines they normally have, I may not get it anyway..sigh

Thanks for that, I didnt realize they opened this year at 5am......

Yea, this is the first year opening at 5am.

If you have a 24 hour Walmart maybe you can get in there early and hang out at the toys. We usually get in ours about 1 1/2 before the sale start, scoop out where we need to be. Hang out there, grab stuff, pay for it and outta the store in 15 mins or so. This all depends on if we are only after toys.

If we are after electronics, hubby hangs out there and we meet up later. :g_thumble

They usually do 6am, right? I know that the few years I have been going, its always been TRU open first, before anyone else......

Ah, well, maybe we will have to change our starting place, and do Walmart first.......although with the lines they normally have, I may not get it anyway..sigh

You might want to call and check, I called my local walmart and they are opening at 6 am as they have in the past.

You might want to call and check, I called my local walmart and they are opening at 6 am as they have in the past.

You may want to check with your Walmart the closer it gets to BF. I'm surprised that a store will wait until 6am when the ad says 5am.:gd_detect

From reading stuff posted in the forums..some WMs are even in denial that the ad has leaked out and don't believe the ads.

They do the same thing here at our 24 hour Wal-Mart. The first year that it happened they rushed the people guarding the pallets and took what they wanted that was shrink wrapped. :sidesplit It wasn't funny at the time but it is funny now thinking back on it. The only reason they are guarding the pallets is because the prices are already in the system and those things will be ring up at that BF price if taken to the register. I used to work at a Wal-Mart as a Department Manager years ago.:)

What about splitting up? One person go one place the other go to the other?

I'll be in my 24 hour walmart by 2-3am finding out where to line up for the GameBoy Sp systems. After that, run to help out my sister-in-law as she and my brother has 4 children. Her and my brother both will be there. They need 2 jeeps. Im not sure how that one will work either. Tickets maybe? The box is way too big to put on top of a cart. My Walmart has 2 of them right now and my brother put one on top of a cart just to see. There is no way. You'll need a flat cart for sure

I'll be in my 24 hour walmart by 2-3am finding out where to line up for the GameBoy Sp systems. After that, run to help out my sister-in-law as she and my brother has 4 children. Her and my brother both will be there. They need 2 jeeps. Im not sure how that one will work either. Tickets maybe? The box is way too big to put on top of a cart. My Walmart has 2 of them right now and my brother put one on top of a cart just to see. There is no way. You'll need a flat cart for sure

What price are they selling them one seaters for now? I have never seen them in Walmart before BF. And last year they made everyone at my Walmart put them on top their carts...lol. Then people couldn't see where they were going.

Its a 2 seater for $79. Regularly way over $100. My brother has 4 small children. All under age 6. The six yr old is pretty small, some people think shes 4 or so. LOL. So definately all would fit into these. My brother will go with my sister-in-law as we figure its a limit of one. Thankfully our parents will watch the kids.

Its a 2 seater for $79. Regularly way over $100. My brother has 4 small children. All under age 6. The six yr old is pretty small, some people think shes 4 or so. LOL. So definately all would fit into these. My brother will go with my sister-in-law as we figure its a limit of one. Thankfully our parents will watch the kids.

I was afraid you were thinking that. The one they are offering is a smaller version....a one seater for $79. They did this last year and I think the year before. For more info see this thread. http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=16288&highlight=power+wheels

As I have shopped at WM every year for BF I can tell you, toys and electronics are probably the hardest things to get. I have seen many fights break out over toys on BF at WM.lol If you check the "Most Wanted" list on this site, you will see that the toys at WM are very popular on everyone's list. Therefore, I suggest that you be in line very early and take more than one person with you. And remember, WM's sale starts at 5am this year!!!! I am assuming your WM is not open 24 hours?

We bought the trampoline and enclosure last year on BF. My hubby "drove" it around the store and met me at the check out.

We always start at WM. I have other ads in hand and PM everything we can. (DVDs, CDs, toys, etc.) I make up a card listing the store, item and page so it's easier at the check out. You can load your cart up before 5am if you have a 24hour store - with the items you are PMing. You can usually get clothing items before 5am too - no guards needed to hold everyone back on the pjs and socks :cheesy:

our walmart is a 24 hr.. they have ppl standing by with box cutters and everything is wrapped up in plastic untill exactly 5 am.. they pass out maps with exactly where everything u want will be located.. i bring my hubby and grandmothers and stake them at points of interest.. we syncronize our watches and rendevoux at 0.700 hours LMBO!