What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

jason

Having my family over on Christmas Day...that means my parents, his parents, my Nana, and my oldest son and his family, my nephew and his family over for the whole day. We end up having dessert later in the evening and my husband and my friends come over while everyone from my family is still here and we end up playing games that we have or new ones someone got for Christmas.

The Christmas Eve Ritual :) Snuggling with my family on Christmas Eve while I read them "Twas The Night Before Christmas". Watching the delight of my children while they put out cookies and eggnog for Santa, and tucking them into bed and seeing their eyes shining so bright with excitement. :)

Guest all2tired

Giving the kids a little nyquil to knock them out so I can put the stuff under the tree and get to bed before the sun comes up. JK

Christmas eve get together with the family but I won't be doing that this year

My favorite was baking a certain kind of Christmas cookie with my mom and grandma. It was definitely at least a 2-person job so I have been unable to make them out here and I sure do miss it. My mom has sent me some of the cookies every year so at least I get to have them, but I miss spending two days in the kitchen with family members to make them.

A tradition I had as a kid, and do with my kids still today is that they are allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve. And always (without fail) that gift is a new set of pajamas that they get to wear on Christmas Eve. My girls are 19 and 14 now and they still love getting cool new jammies each Christmas Eve. I even have gotten them for my oldest daughter's boyfriend.

We have a silly one that I started when my 1st daughter was born 8 years ago.

When we get back from our family dinner at Great Grandmas house on Xmas late in the night I always get them Pajamas n slippers that they get to open then to get ready for bed for Santa--They love it, takes the edge off of CAN WE OPEN SOMETHING NOW :holiday02

It's really hard to pick just one...I love everything about Christmas but one of my most favorite traditions exchanging presents with my kids. We all go as a family to one store (usually Target) after we draw names, then split up when we get to the store. It makes it fun because we are always on the lookout to avoid each other. Then on Christmas Eve we open up the presents. My kids love it and really look forward to it.

Same thing every year, Kids get up about 7:30 (I've been up since 5:30), then we eat breakfast, they shower, we set up the video camera, and then presents, after presents I go cook dinner, after they clean up the paper, kids go play, family comes over about 3:00 we eat by 3:45.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!