Adding a subforum for Free Kindle Ebook ?

2chia

Hi ,

There are alot of the kindle owner here. Was wondering can we have subforum for Kindle books offering such as the freebook offering ? Or, a official and one and only 1 post ( like the restaurant.com one) for Free Kindle book . List by generic ( mystery, technology, children , cooking , political and Top list ? ) and author name and book name ? I love coming here and hate to go other place to look for this list and is not savvy enough to filter out on Amazon site.

Just curious or if we already have one link , how do I find it ? ThanQ.

I haven't seen anything but I'm not looking either. Maybe just start a post under the freebies forum and update it like the movies one gets updated weekly in the offline forum?

Yeah if you want something like this, just post a thread in the freebies and have at it. If you want me to sticky it, let me know.

Yeah if you want something like this, just post a thread in the freebies and have at it. If you want me to sticky it, let me know.

Hi Brad,

Thank you.... We can just have 1 single sticky for both the Kindle and the Nook that would be great. First all the reason I had asked is because I don't know how to search for them on Amazon.... If someone can give instruction how to find those on the Amazon or BN site then we can add them as we find them. Just a suggestion... Not sure since I have never made a request of starting one or savvy enough to find them on my own without pointer, that is.

There are tons of free books out there - I have found if I type in the search box from my Kindle - FREE - I get the most stuff. You have to weed through it cause it also picks up the books that have Free in the title. I have found tons of games and books to pass the time by.

Amazon also lists the top 100 free Kindle books on their website. It's over on the right hand side of the page about halfway down. There are 2 tabs. 1 is top paid and 1 is top free. You don't have o be on your Kindle to get the book, it automatically sends it to your registered Kindle.

There are several sites that have these books listed already. My personal favorite is http://www.ereaderiq.com/free/ You can sort by genre, among other things, and you can block erotica if it's not your thing.

http://blog.booksontheknob.org/p/kindle-free-reads-list.html is another. I subscribe to their emails and they list books free on nook, sony, and kindle.

My concern with a free kindle book thread is that there can be 100s of new free books daily so that could really make a mess out of a thread. Not to mention some are repeats and some not suitable for the open forum.

ETA: One other concern. Lately there have been "free" books for kindle that in actuality are only free to Prime members. That has been popping up quite a bit lately. I have also seen free books that are free for all for only about a day and then they are free only to prime members. Invariably someone will hit the Buy with 1 click button before they notice this.

Edited by tdanette