Waiting in line for 5 hours need a foldable chair

RossMAN

We sit in director's chairs watching movies on a laptop, and TV on a portable though there's nothing on. I just cant stop watching the Shop at Home channel and that guy. "How fun is that" and "Your new (fill in item)". If you have ever watched you know!

Now I need to go buy a chair or just take one of the plastic patio ones I have and if someone takes it, who cares? LOL My husband just came up with a great idea. Since we have a 3 year old that we will have with us, he said he would take the first shift from midnight to 4 and I could show up with sleeping son and we could switch places and he could come home and sleep while I finish out that last hour. Sounds like a plan to me.

Oddly enough, we discovered a trick one year while trying to keep our ads warm. Newspaper is very insulating to sit on and keeps you warmer. Last year we also used foot warmers and hand warmers like they sell for hunters. Excellent.

Thanks for the tip but I'd rather spend $10 on a cheap chair :)

probably depends on the people behind you if they want to be lame and complain. i wouldnt mind it. most people are nice that i have run into.

kathy

Wouldn't this (holding places for people while they left the line and then re-entered at their original place) be the same thing as line jumping at the amusement parks? Hey, I want to go _______ (fill in the blank with whatever activity you choose, get a drink, go to the bathroom, etc.) The parks have their policies posted, which I have actually seen enforced, but there is nothing stated at the stores. It all depends on the people around you in line. If they make a stink about you leaving and re-entering the line in front of them, then that is something you have to deal with.

As for camping out for 5 hours, I'd like to see people try that up here in Alaska. Wind and rain? Mere child's play. Only the real diehards will attempt it at below zero temps for that length of time. How many shoppers will there be camping out all night at BB in Anchorage?

ND

I think we'll need to check out Walmart for those $10 clearance chairs.

My aunt had the same idea!!! :rotflol: It's good to know we might be able to find so cheap chairs there, because we won't have enough space in our luggage to bring them to Brazil and we will have to leave them there in the US. So, the cheaper the better.