Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

just a note, I did not see anyone mention it, but they raised the prices in the cafe again.

The popcorn combo that used to be $1, then $1.50, is now $2.

And the nacho combo that used to be $2, then $2.50, is now $3

guess they gotta get that 5% back anyway they can.:tongue1:

Well I went to another store today. Searching for Christmas clearance is making me go broke! I did finally realize today that there is nothing I want at any of my 6 local stores when it goes to 90%. That is really hard for me to say though. I love clearance shopping and am just so bummed there's not going to be anything worth it for me to try for the 90 stuff.

Other than that, I just spent another $90. lol Found the tape and the scissors (finally!). I found a car care set not the one with the wipes in it, for $9. Lots of camping/sporting good stuff between 30-50%. Pink chairs in a bag for $8.xx, got one of those things you use in your yard it's a net and you can hit balls into it 70% for 17.xx, a aero bed queen size double height for 70% for 29.xx.

Went to 2 stores today. Got 3 ft potted pine set for 4.50. Found a bunch of Christmas shirts women and baby for .90 and .80. Got a happy holiday rug for 1.29. Nick and Nora Santa pjs for women for 3.00. Carter's 4t pj for 1.00. Wrapping paper for .50. Hand soap .17 and found green glad topper ware for .27. Pretty good day for me ; ) my 2nd store looked salvaged nothing left not even one roll of wrapping paper. Toys are between 30 and 50 off here.

ok still 70% off, really don't think we have the scotch tape or scissors, I found the ones that are red and teal but they are $5, no sticker on barcode.....we still have three or four aisle full of stuff

I did get 2 of the lysol no touch dispensers, they were $6.98 - $5 so $1.98 for two soaps and dispenser. Also got Smith and Hawken amaryllis bulbs for $2.98, they should come out about Valentines day and they are red....

ok still 70% off, really don't think we have the scotch tape or scissors, I found the ones that are red and teal but they are $5, no sticker on barcode.....we still have three or four aisle full of stuff

I found 2 pairs of the scissors in one of my stores (Alabaster, AL). They were on the rack where scissors normally are. There were 8 pairs on the rack but only two scanned as clearance. If you look at the barcode, the ones that start with 5114 are clearanced and the ones that ring up as $5 start with 5113. All 8 pairs were either teal or red and have the exact same packaging. The only difference is the barcode number.

The one distiguishing thing I noticed about the tape, at least the ones I found, are that they are in the dispenser that is one sided. The full price ones are in the sturdier two sided plastic dispenser.

Went to the Reynoldsburg, OH store and Christmas is still 70% off, they had lots of softsoap and a few onesies, that I want for my little guy, but only if they go 90% off. I don't mind him wearing Christmas onesies after Christmas, when they will be cheaper at 90% off than if I were to get them from a Thrift Store.

First target I went to was 90% off, I got some ribbon and bow packs for .40 and Christmas Jazz cd for .99. Slippers were also 70% off, lots of slippers were 2 something....then i went to the Target up my street and the shoes were only 30% off, and Christmas 70%. AHHHH!!!! I never seem to time the one closest to me right. They always are the last ones to drop prices. I found one tape at the second one, but its not priced low. Stinks.... I wanted some slippers for my little one and they didn't have his size at the first target.....will just have to wait I guess...

Well I went to another store today. Searching for Christmas clearance is making me go broke! I did finally realize today that there is nothing I want at any of my 6 local stores when it goes to 90%. That is really hard for me to say though. I love clearance shopping and am just so bummed there's not going to be anything worth it for me to try for the 90 stuff.

Other than that, I just spent another $90. lol Found the tape and the scissors (finally!). I found a car care set not the one with the wipes in it, for $9. Lots of camping/sporting good stuff between 30-50%. Pink chairs in a bag for $8.xx, got one of those things you use in your yard it's a net and you can hit balls into it 70% for 17.xx, a aero bed queen size double height for 70% for 29.xx.

Guess there's no need for me to try the Omaha stores then. :P

I don't have the extra gas to go to the store tonight and it not be 90% off and I have to be out there near it tomorrow anyway, but it's killing me to not go check my store right. now. I am hoping it will just be going 90% off in the morning when I get there. I console myself with the fact that there was a LOT of stuff left when I went earlier this week and that will keep it 70% until tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

I don't have the extra gas to go to the store tonight and it not be 90% off and I have to be out there near it tomorrow anyway, but it's killing me to not go check my store right. now. I am hoping it will just be going 90% off in the morning when I get there. I console myself with the fact that there was a LOT of stuff left when I went earlier this week and that will keep it 70% until tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

If it helps, the store in Alabaster, Bessemer, and Hoover were all still at 70% today so I doubt your store went to 90%.

Well, I couldn't stand the suspense, so had my husband take me up there tonight. Still 70%, like I suspected it would be, as this store went 70% on Saturday. I didn't feel like going to the other store that went 70% on Friday, they were probably 90% today. I'll check tomorrow.

I found 1 pack of tape, 1 bag of Legos, and some flannel boxers. But I didn't buy any of them. I'll get them tomorrow if they are around.

Called my store today and asked if Christmas was 90% off? I was told that their clearance never has gone 90% off for any reason in the past. Not true! I just shopped their Halloween merchandise at 90% in October. How can employees know so little about their own store? It is frustrating. The day before I called to check on Christmas and was told "I think it was 70% off yesterday....so it probably is still the same." She wouldn't even call and check for me. I'm about ready to report my Target to corporate for laziness and ignorance. :cheesy:

Called my store today and asked if Christmas was 90% off? I was told that their clearance never has gone 90% off for any reason in the past. Not true! I just shopped their Halloween merchandise at 90% in October. How can employees know so little about their own store? It is frustrating. The day before I called to check on Christmas and was told "I think it was 70% off yesterday....so it probably is still the same." She wouldn't even call and check for me. I'm about ready to report my Target to corporate for laziness and ignorance. :cheesy:

One way that you can maybe get around this is to call and have a DPCI number ready for them (an item that is on Xmas clearance) and ask them to check the price of the item. When they tell you the price, then you can figure out for yourself if it's 90% off or not. That way you don't have to ask specifically about it going to 90% off -- it's a lot easier to just ask for a price. :D HTHs.

If anyone scores an Elf on a Shelf for me..I will gladly paypal you the total and for shipping! Our nearest target is 40miles from me..so not sure what they have left so far. Please PM me if you are able to nab one for me.

What is it exactly? I looked online and found a couple of different plush dolls along with DVDs and books. I'll keep an eye out but just wanna know what it is (because I don't have kids).

The only thing I was able to get was a was a skirt if you're interested.

http://trouble.room34.com/wp-content/uploads/trouble/2009/12/elf2.jpg