Who's lucky and doesn't have to pay tax on BF?

Rebirth

Ohio teachers pay no sales tax on computers and computer periphrials (monitors, printers, HDs, etc). Does not apply to consumables like DVDs, CDs, printer ink, paper. See your school office for the exempt form. Be prepared to show a copy of your teaching certif too.

:yay: PX stands for Post Exchange which is found on an Army installation and BX stands for Base Exchange, which is found on An Air Force or Navy installation, although AAFES owns both of them (Army, Air Force Exchange Service).:gd_orange

Thanks... Seems like it would be simpler if they had the same name, since they're both run by AAFES. What do the Marines and Coast Guard have?

Thanks... Seems like it would be simpler if they had the same name, since they're both run by AAFES. What do the Marines and Coast Guard have?

Marines have MCCS and Coast Guard has NEX. Strange isn't it, but hey 0% taxes for me!!!!

The Marines and the Coast Guard are both supported by the NEX (Navy Exchange Service). They tend to have better prices sometimes, too, and a better inventory. :bounce_fl

We here in the southern part of Louisiana have to pay 8.5% however due to the storm cituations we are going to have 3 days in December that will be tax free days. I almost wish I would have waited to buy a new car but maybe now I can buy new livingroom furniture. I am sure the stores will all be crowded but it may add up to big savings if I buy the big ticket items I want.....:gd_purple

Here it is 6% for the state of Florida, and another 1% for the Tampa Bay Area, but thank goodness no state income taxes.:gd_pineap I feel sorry for the rest of you that has to pay 8% and more. I think I would drive to another area, as long as it is less than one hour away, to save few bucks.:(

In my part of Washington, the tax is 8.3%. It is lower in some places and higher in others. If you have ID from a non-tax state (OR,AK,MT,NH, etc) or a couple of other non-states (Alberta, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc), you are tax exempt. Non-restaurant food items are exempt too. Not beverages though (Pepsi, Coke, etc)