* Official Black Friday DIGITAL CAMERA Thread *

i-bystander

Reilly, I found my HP easy to use. It DOES go through batteries like crazy (I always have a pair in the charger because if I am taking a lot of pictures I need to switch them out). I just got another good deal, an HP 935 off ebay for $86 INCLUDING the dock. She had it listed as an HP 930 but after the auction ended, I got her to send me a pic and its really the 935, it retails for over $200! Not many recommend an HP but I had mine for a year with no problems. One of my kids must have dropped my pocketbook or stepped on it and broke the camera, it was going to go from me to hubby for his business when I bought a new 5MP... I liked the quality of pics the camera did for me. If you want to see the pics I took with my HP, they are on my website www.creationswithcharacter.com These were all in the lower setting, not on the best resolution. Hope this helps, I liked my HP and bought another one ~Steph

Reilly, I found my HP easy to use. It DOES go through batteries like crazy (I always have a pair in the charger because if I am taking a lot of pictures I need to switch them out). I just got another good deal, an HP 935 off ebay for $86 INCLUDING the dock. She had it listed as an HP 930 but after the auction ended, I got her to send me a pic and its really the 935, it retails for over $200! Not many recommend an HP but I had mine for a year with no problems. One of my kids must have dropped my pocketbook or stepped on it and broke the camera, it was going to go from me to hubby for his business when I bought a new 5MP... I liked the quality of pics the camera did for me. If you want to see the pics I took with my HP, they are on my website www.creationswithcharacter.com These were all in the lower setting, not on the best resolution. Hope this helps, I liked my HP and bought another one ~Steph

Thank you so much for your help and even with those being on the lower setting they were really good. I love your ceiling fans by the way, I might have to look into getting some when I decorate my daughter's room. Just 1 more quick ? How good is the LCD on the HP b/c on my bfs kodak it is really grainy and that is why I am afraid to buy another Kodak. Do they have a rechargable battery pack for the HP?:crossfing

So think I will be getting a Kodak but out of this which would you get if this were your first digital camera? Thanks!

K-Mart (Thanksgiving Day)

Anybody know their hours on Thanksgiving?

* Kodak EasyShare C340 Digital Camera Bundle - $197.00 w/ Free $20 GC

* Kodak EasyShare C310 Digital Camera Bundle - $197.00 w/ Free $20 GC

* Kodak EasyShare Z700 and Camera Dock Bundle - $197.00 w/ Free $20 GC

Best Buy

* Kodak C360 5MP Digital Camera with 3x Zoom - $129.99 *

Walmart

* Kodak Z760 Digital Camera with Docking Cradle - $199.00

ok i been staring at this thread for a while and im wondering on which is the best camera..

Canon PowerShot A520 169.15 @ dell

Kodak c360 129.99 @ bestbuy

kodak z760 199.99 @ walmart

Willing to spend up to 200 on a dig cam but im just wondering what is best because this will be first digital camera i get for family. If there is a better deal i didn't mention please feel free to toss it in. THanks :)

Bump cause I'm in the same dilema. I think I'm leaning twards the Z760 since it comes with cradle and has a good lens it seems. It's also the highest megapixel @ 6mp and has its own litioum ion battery instead of using AA's.

I'm going to get the Kodak EasyShare Z700 bundle from K-Mart. It comes with a 128 MB card (pretty small I know), docking station (retail +/- $50), and a $20 K-Mart gift card for only $197.00 I found that this camera is ranked 2nd by Consumer Reports in their Nov. 2005 Digital Camera Review, under the Canon PowerShot A510. The other good thing is that this promotion is good all day on Thanksgiving (11/24). This means more time for hitting other stores on BF! Maybe hit Best Buy for the 1 GB SanDisk memory card for only $39.99. Happy hunting everyone!!! :D

So think I will be getting a Kodak but out of this which would you get if this were your first digital camera? Thanks!

Anybody know their house on Thanksgiving?

Best Buy

Walmart

This will be my first digital camera and I think I'm going to go with the Kodak C360. I still think for the money it's a good camera.

However, the Kodak Z700 at Kmart is running a close second place. The only problem is that I don't want the camera dock. I highly doubt I'll be printing out enough pictures that it would be worth the extra 70 bucks for the station and the additional money it would cost for paper and ink etc.

But then again, it was #2 in consumer reports behind the Canon A510 - I'm so torn!!! :g_shrug:

This will be my first digital camera and I think I'm going to go with the Kodak C360. I still think for the money it's a good camera.

However, the Kodak Z700 at Kmart is running a close second place. The only problem is that I don't want the camera dock. I highly doubt I'll be printing out enough pictures that it would be worth the extra 70 bucks for the station and the additional money it would cost for paper and ink etc.

But then again, it was #2 in consumer reports behind the Canon A510 - I'm so torn!!! :g_shrug:

It comes with the dock, not the printing dock.

Well -

The final 3 I've narrowed it down to are this: Kodak Z700, Kodak Z760 and the Kodak C340.

Kodak Z700

K-mart - Tday (no early morning lines! Bonus!)

$197 (includes dock, 128 mb memory card & $20 gc)

Why?

I like the 5x optical zoom. It has 4mp - I would prefer 5mp - but I'll mostly print 4*6 at Sam's - so I think I'm safe. It runs on aa batteries - so no problems there.

Kodak Z760

Walmart

BF

$199 (includes dock)

Why?

5 MP. Lower zoom though - 3x optical. Higher internal memory. Larger display. Runs on li-lon batteries (not my preference.)

Kodak C340

Kmart - Tday

$197 (camera only)

Not sure why this seemingly "less" camera is the same price with no bundle?

5MP, 3x optical zoom, aa batteries, 16mb internal.

I am thinking my dh would have an "easier" time running this than the z series, and it is smaller. But, since I am the main picture taker, I think I am leaning away from this, even as I type.

Right now - I am stuck on the Z700. So, unless I find a reason to change, that is my choice as of today :)

Thanks for all the discussion on this thread!

mick

My mom wants a Digital Camera and i'm looking really hard at the Kodak one at Circuit City for 180 bucks with the printing dock. Seems to be the best deal out of all of them out there. Problem is as of right now i'm camping out at Best Buy for the 150 buck computer (again, for my mom for christmas), LCD computer monitor and the 26 inch Westinghouse LCD HDTV. How long do you all think the Kodak camera deal will be there? I've never bought a digital camera on BF so I don't know how hot they are and how long they last. Thanks.

ok i been staring at this thread for a while and im wondering on which is the best camera..

Willing to spend up to 200 on a dig cam but im just wondering what is best because this will be first digital camera i get for family. If there is a better deal i didn't mention please feel free to toss it in. THanks :)

Among those 3 I would get the Canon. I believe if you look at reviews of the 3 the Canon will come out ahead. You might also look at the Target ad -- they have the Fuji E510 for $169 on BF. I have the next step up -- the E550 and it is a great camera.

I think Kodak cameras are generally not as good but that is my opinion and yours may differ.

hi does anyone know if that jvc digital camcorder at walmart is any good ?me and my husband were thinking about buying a dvd camcorder and we didn't know if the digital one is just as good .my son races motocross and we use it alot to tape his races. if anyone has this or knows any info on this camera it would be great. thanks

amie

Anybody know their hours on Thanksgiving?

Best Buy

Walmart

the best buy out of these would be the z760 for the price...but each of them have different zoom and MP so you need to decide out of those 2 things what is best for your needs....

not sure why nobody has mentioned this but the panasonic *6x* optical zoom 5megapixel with free 256 CF Card is a very good camera and very good deal at circuit city, its 209.

You can also get a free samsonite bag with it and another 512 sandisk memory card for 9.99.

I want to buy a camera for under $175 at BB using my BBB, and now I can't decided between the Nikon Coolpix 4.0 on sale (now) from $180 for $150 (not sure if I could also get the additional $20 gift card with purchase using BBB) or the BF deal of the Kodak C360 for $130, about half the usual price. I have a good "film" camera, but I want a decent digital, too. I spend way too much money developing bad photos due to a toddler who is constantly in motion.

Both cameras have the same 3 times optical zoom, and the Kodak is 5 megapixel, as opposed to 4 for the Nikon, but I've read that that number can be a little misleading.

Hannah

hi does anyone know if that jvc digital camcorder at walmart is any good ?me and my husband were thinking about buying a dvd camcorder and we didn't know if the digital one is just as good .my son races motocross and we use it alot to tape his races. if anyone has this or knows any info on this camera it would be great. thanks

amie

The best cheap digital camcorder del I've seen is the Canon ZR200. It's a very good camera and takes great quality video. I personally have the ZR100 which is the same except it doesn't take digital still photos (which are pretty crappy on video camera's anyways). I saw it somewhere for $250-$275. I'll poke around and edit this when I find it.

Looks like it's $250AR at circuit city. Here's a link to the camera: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=116765&WT.mc_n=57&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=AFFILIATE%20MARKETING&cm_cat=BEFREE&cm_pla=DATAFEED->PRODUCTS&cm_ite=1%20PRODUCT&cm_keycode=57

I will personally gaurantee this is the best miniDV camcorder deal this BF!

Do you think the Kodak 360 from Best Buy will have a gift card with it?? It just says select digital cameras.

I highly doubt it, since it's already about 50% off. One question, did office depot say $75 off all camera's over $179? Cause the Canon A520 is $199.99 which would be $124.99 which would be a no-brainer for the best camera deal. I can't remember much from the office depot ad now, my brain has had ad overload for the last few days.

How can we get the Canon PowerShot A520 for 169.15? Is dell having online BF sale on friday? Pl let me know if anyone knows. Thanks!

How can we get the Canon PowerShot A520 for 169.15? Is dell having online BF sale on friday? Pl let me know if anyone knows. Thanks!

Dell is having a sale for Dell Home Customers: Save 15% off Select Cameras! until the 23rd which is today. Its regular 199.99, so with the percent off it comes to $169.15. But im hoping they will do a 25% off cameras for thanksgiving or BF;)