After holiday blues

momof3luvs1

Am I the only one who gets sad when CHristmas is over? It is my favorite time of year and it seems to fly by faster and faster each year...When it is all over it is always a bit dissapointing for me, especially with January right around the corner which is usually cold and not much to do. :yuck:

I'm too exhausted to be sad! It's a relief to have all the shopping and wrapping done the presents opened and exchanges and returns made. I get a little sad when we take all the decorations down though. The house looks kind of naked after that. I might talk my husband into leaving the ice cycle lights up on the edge of the house. We don't have to turn them on all the time, but they look nice in the winter. And my birthday is in January. I don't like getting older, but it is a reason to go to dinner or get take out for home.

Hey if you are bored in January, you could start shopping for next year!

I kind of glad it is over this year. I have packed everything away now till next year. I did a thorough cleaning this morning, took out 6 huge bags of trash. It is nice to have the house back to its normal self and all the extra clutter is gone. I love Christmas but now I am looking forward to some New Years resolutions and working on "me" instead of everyone else for the holidays.

Hey you can always shop now for bargains for next Christmas

I'm glad Christmas is over as the boys got respectable piles of presents if not everything they wanted...But I have the blues I think as I am used to the hustle and bustle of the site and I think people are off with families, etc... Need to get back into a normal routine, that will help.

Am I the only one who gets sad when CHristmas is over? It is my favorite time of year and it seems to fly by faster and faster each year...When it is all over it is always a bit dissapointing for me, especially with January right around the corner which is usually cold and not much to do. :yuck:

Hey,this is usually MY post after Christmas lol!

I know exACTly how you feel-----so much planning and thought and expectations and wonder and awe and everything wonderful and it's over in one day?

How can all of that be over so soon?

I had my post-Christmas cry on Sunday afternoon but that's not to say it will be my last of the year.

I don't know if my husband will be here next Christmas(stage 4 cancer) but I'm trying not to focus on that

and try to enjoy each moment as none of us are guaranteed tomorrow.

I'm making memories for tomorrow

TODAY.

I want to look back and say that I enjoyed every moment of the Christmas of 2011 and even though I'm sad it's kinda over,

I'm holding onto the spirit and joy of the Christmas season...complete with the music and smells and my Christmas lights that make me happy.

I LOVE winter and live for snow and cold so I look forward to walks in the snow and the wonderful rest of winter.

Christmas really is more than a day,if you want it to be :)

I am so sorry to hear about your DH. Is his prognosis good? I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. You do whatever it is to give you peace and joy this season and all year long. ((((((Hansie & family)))))))

Thank you.

He is doing pretty well for now so we'll take it and embrace it.

I love this time of year and don't want to look back a year from now and

regret not appreciating every moment.

And if that means keeping up my Christmas things until the middle of January,then I'll do it!

It seems I'm so busy before Christmas that once it's here,I look back and think to myself,

"What? I just put up my tree!" (even though it's been a good month or more)

I'm enjoying the Christmas SEASON and not just the day.

I think I know how Momof3 feels and want her to know she's not alone :)

I'm saddened at the fact that the really killer deals are over and none of you seems to be buying anything through the site anymore :P

On the bright side, I don't have to be attached to a computer 24/7 anymore :P

Well Brad,

thanks to GottaDeal,I won't need anything until next November ;)

I'm saddened at the fact that the really killer deals are over and none of you seems to be buying anything through the site anymore :P

On the bright side, I don't have to be attached to a computer 24/7 anymore :P

I just bought the spy pen yesterday LOL I need one for my classroom!!