Xbox 360 Kinect or Nintedo Wii

revecca

We bought our lo's a Wii back in 2008, and it's starting to have glitches which I'm sure they could easily be fixed. Since this is an old platform, we were going to let our 4 yr old have it so to speak. We are thinking about buying a new Wii or would the Xbox 360 Kinect be better? Our children are 12 and under. We don't have cable, use Netflix instead. I found good deals on both, but not sure which way we should go.

We have both. We like xbox better & kinect is fun. Also, Nintendo's new console is due out in 2012. I would not by a new Wii.The one we have is from launch and it freezes on Netflix pretty regularly (won't un-pause or freezes loading instant que). I just unplug it and it's fine for a while. I'll wait and buy the new generation. HTH

I like the kinects better.The Wii needs remotes for e-1 whereas the Kinects doesnt and its funny to watch each other trying to play the Kinects.

I saw the video on it, it was soo funny watching people waving their arms around, and etc. I thought another good reason would be no remotes. My 4 lo's have killed 4 remotes, 4 nunchuks, and 4 rechargeable batteries. :( Thanks

We have both. We like xbox better & kinect is fun. Also, Nintendo's new console is due out in 2012. I would not by a new Wii.The one we have is from launch and it freezes on Netflix pretty regularly (won't un-pause or freezes loading instant que). I just unplug it and it's fine for a while. I'll wait and buy the new generation. HTH

Yes, it does help. Thanks!

Does the wii do netflix? (sorry dont mean to hijack ur thread). We had one but got rid of it, no one used it. I just got kinect for xbox for xmas for dds 5 and 8 but or xbox just crapped out.

Yes it does. No subscription for wii access either like Xbox charges for live to get access to Netflix. (still need to pay for Netflix though).

• 5 months later...
DS14 has both, and much prefers his 360. The only workout the wii gets is when I pull out my fit board and workout games..... We also have a PS3 and use it for online streaming because online is not free on Xbox. I'm thinking of getting a bluray player with internet connection to save on it though. Our gaming systems get enough use in my house without using them to watch movies online.

The rumor is Wii U -the new console will be launching Sunday 11/19/2012. The original Wii launched Sunday 11/18/2006. Nintendo is going to give more info on 6/5/2012 at the E3 convention. Just an FYI (:

Nintendo is rumored to be trying to keep the price as low as $299. It does look very interesting but they only have 15 confirmed games for it. You can see the game list here. They are promising to offer as many games as PS3 and Xbox 360 but Activision has already announced they will not be supporting it. Also on a side note...PS4 Orbis is rumored to be coming out in December of this year (some say it wont be out till 2013), and Xbox 720 Durango is due out by Christmas next year. Neither company has verified the release date.

Edited by Kim3498

• 2 weeks later...

get xbox 360 or wait for the ps4 which is the orbit!

im waiting for the ps4 tho.. duno when it will come out

Rumors now are saying that the PS4 wont be out until end of next year. That would put them releasing it around same time as Xbox 720. I don't like some of what I'm hearing as rumors are that you will not be able to play used games on either system. Xbox 720 is suppose to feature a bluray player.