*** GottaDeal.com Exclusive: Best Buy BF Ad Scans Posted! ***

Brad

I believe I remember someone last year posting that their BB ad that came in their paper was different and didn't have the doorbusters. I believe this was someone who lived in Ohio. My memory of this is pretty vague, though. Anyone else remember this from last year?

Edit: OMG, I'm so proud of myself LOL. I searched and found this: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=4082&highlight=buy+doorbusters

I had remembered that too...lol. Funny how some things stick.

Well is it possible they leaked a fake ad and the real one has not been released at all

They wouldn't go through all that trouble. Plus the legalities of such an act... Plausibly I could walk into BB with their "fake" ad and demand the prices are met. Actually, by law in some states they would have to meet the price. Even if it's a mistake, they have no recourse.

I was in tru last night and the man there said they were scheduled to only receive 4 units, and that they would be gone as fast as anyone could get back to the counter. Good luck! If you want one bad enough, ebay is probably your best answer, i found one bin for 450.00, and thats the premium unit.

I believe I remember someone last year posting that their BB ad that came in their paper was different and didn't have the doorbusters. I believe this was someone who lived in Ohio. My memory of this is pretty vague, though. Anyone else remember this from last year?

Edit: OMG, I'm so proud of myself LOL. I searched and found this: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=4082&highlight=buy+doorbusters

Of course! How could you forget that it was me? And yet again, I'm excited about some of those doorbusters but will probably be shut out of them again..... :curse:

-Mark-

Of course! How could you forget that it was me? And yet again, I'm excited about some of those doorbusters but will probably be shut out of them again..... :curse:

-Mark-

LOL--you know, I did think "was that markraby that posted that?" but didn't want to say it in my post in case I was wrong.

Is it every store in your area that does that? Man, that sucks. I wonder why they don't do the regular doorbusters.

LOL--you know, I did think "was that markraby that posted that?" but didn't want to say it in my post in case I was wrong.

Is it every store in your area that does that? Man, that sucks. I wonder why they don't do the regular doorbusters.

Well, it's good to know I'm at least stuck in the back of your mind somewhere... :lmao:

There are 3 Best Buys that would be logistically reasonable for me to go to on BF, and for the past 2 years, all 3 have had that dumb gift card deal instead of the doorbusters (in 2003, it wasn't even instantly -- you had to send away to get the gift cards!! Meaning that not only did we NOT get the doorbusters, but the "special" they replaced it with was absolutely useless for Christmas, since it took like 8 weeks for me to get my gift card). And yet, it's still madness at Best Buy. I wonder how many people waiting in line at 2 AM there know that they're really not getting good deals at all compared to the rest of the country...

-Mark-

I'm looking at picking up a TV this BF. I was looking at the 30" Insignia HDTV for $399, the 27" Magnovox for $122, and the 32" Insignia from BB for $199. I was also looking at the 32" Toshiba from Sears for $279. Which one of these would you guys pick. The 30" HDTV is definately tempting but I don't know about the quality of Insignia. So that's leaning me towards the Toshiba or the Magnovox. What do you guys think?: coffeetim

I'm looking at picking up a TV this BF. I was looking at the 30" Insignia HDTV for $399, the 27" Magnovox for $122, and the 32" Insignia from BB for $199. I was also looking at the 32" Toshiba from Sears for $279. Which one of these would you guys pick. The 30" HDTV is definately tempting but I don't know about the quality of Insignia. So that's leaning me towards the Toshiba or the Magnovox. What do you guys think?: coffeetim

That 30" widescreen HDTV from Insignia at BBY also caught my attention. I'd like to hear what some of our resident technology experts think of that model.

-Mark-

"Am I the only one who thinks that 30" widescreen HDTV for $400 is a great deal?"

Well, it's Insignia. It's hard to evaluate them because best buy slaps that name on models contructed in many countries by budget manufacturers. Personally I try to stay away from budget brand tvs, but that is a tempting price.

Also note that the newer toshiba widescreens are not made by toshiba at all, but actually by a cheaper company Orion who use cheaper parts which is why they have had many more problems than older models and why they are cheaper, toshiba has been dishonest about this. The toshiba projection though does not fall into this category.

For the regular Sunday ads, Bestbuy does have different versions even within Michigan. I remember the Seagate HD was $29.99AR in central Michigan and $39.99 in my area for the same week. I am not surprised if there are slightly different versions of BF ads.

There may be minor differences in the regional ads but overall they will have mostly the same items (especially the door busters). They also won't completely change the ad this close to BF, there is too much that has to go into distribution, ad printing (which has to be done about a month in advance), etc. Sometimes the managers like to act like they know more than they do and are just trying to discourage early BF ad posting. BTW I am from Moline also...not sure I will stand in line out to JD Road again for BB on Black Friday morning though... :)

Anyone know anythign abotu this monitor? is it worth it?

it looks to NOT be an early bird special so im assuming its one of those first come first serve kinda thing until they run out...

thanks

Ohio is different from the rest of the country ... not sure if it is due laws regarding public holidays, rebates, or what, but you'll see most flyers show the offer and rebate dates that are different for Ohio than the rest of the country... (not sure if it is state or county laws either)

@shley

I was wondering about Insignia too, after seeing the 20" TV for $58.99 after rebate, so I searched around and found a review of another one of their TVs on eOpinions. I don't have enough posts yet to post the link, but at eOpinions, just search for Insignia and scroll down to Electronics. One of the TVs (actually, I think the same TV that's being sold on BF) was reviewed.

Apparently, Insignia is just a Best Buy brand of TV that's built by other (reputable) companies and slapped with a different logo. I guess it's like the store brand food in supermarkets, where it's the same food, only cheaper.

I would think that it'd be okay to get the Insignia without any qualms whether it'd break down, but then, I won't know either until I get the 20" either. :-p