What would you do?

misshayley

DH and I have no children and are hardly at home. He asked me last night if I wanted to get out the Christmas stuff, and decorate. We have an extremely small home, and don't have a place for a tree, in the past I have actually used a wooden screen and we have put our ornaments on it. Right now I just feel like doing this would just be another mess for me to clean up (I am a college student and we are entering finals week, so my house is a mess anyway.) If you were in my shoes what would you do? DH says he doesn't care one way or the other.

What about getting a mini pre lit tree if you want to add that christmas touch and it can sit on the coffee table or end table if you dont want to drag out everything.

That sounds like a good idea to me. Just get a small one and Wal Mart has small ornaments to put on them. That way you will have a "Christmas Tree" but it won't be too in the way.

I'd decide after finals when life is less hectic. If you still don't feel like decorating, then don't, but now your life really is too stressful to add something else to it. Don't worry about it. It's not even Thanksgiving yet and maybe a little closer to Christmas (and after finals) you'll feel better about the holidays.

we have a very small apt and no space for a tree either

last year my neighbor picked up a little tree (about a foot tall) and brought it over to me it came with a little set of lights and little ornaments to put on it

perfect to put on an end table and was really thoughtful of her

you might think about those little potted ones you see in all the stores too

they also have little ornaments on them and if you have a green thumb you would have it year to year who knows when you have a bigger place you might even have a bigger tree :)