How close are you to being done shopping for the holidays?

Elmck

I am nearly finished with all my shopping. I want to get my daughter "Pop the Pig" which is on sale at Target this week. I would also love to get her Twister which is also on sale at Target. I still need to get sweat pants for my boys (Christmas Eve gift). I am also hoping to pick up one of my boys a pair of corduroy pants (if I can find them to fit him). I would love to buy more stuff, but I am out of money..lol. I still need to get something for both of my BILs and for my dad, and my SIL. Everyone else is done.

I have 2 small gift cards to get, which I will hopefully do this weekend. I also need to pick up a few small stocking stuffers for ds. It's nice to know that financially "I could be done". However, I will probably pick up a little more. We have had really slim pickings for the holidays the last few years. It's been several years since DH and I exchanged gifts. This year is looking a little better, and I think I am going to pick up a few more things for both ds and dh. Still nice to know, that "budget" wise I am under budget and could reasonably be done. This year, it wasn't so much online deals for me, as it was clearance racks at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. I scored really big there the last 2 months.

I am waiting on 7 packages I ordered in the last few days, 2 don't show shipped yet. The "big" one for ds I just ordered last night so I am hoping it updates to ship tomorrow. This weekend I am going to wrap, wrap, wrap!!!!!!

I never feel like I am done :o lol I always find one more thing but truthfully I am done lol

I have bought for my husband, our 7 daughters, my oldest daughters boyfriend, MIL, SIL , BIL, mom, dad, nephew by marriage, family friend, the family off the tree at my husbands work and our white elephant gifts.

I need to stop :) LOL

\have not even started.........i figure i have a few more days of freedom before the madness begins!!!

I would be horrified at just having to step foot in a mall at this point, nevermind having to pay whatever they're charging. Hell, I'd probably order EVERYTHING through Amazon if this was the case.

I'm in pretty good shape, but still have a bit to go. I just found out last night that for my husband's dad's family, where we have to buy to 12 people that we see once a year, that we are instead drawing names, only for kids, so we will only have to buy 2 (or 3, depending on where my DD20 falls on the list) presents! That is such a big relief.

I will be ordering my daughter's "big gift" today, and I still have a few little things for all the kids. And one of my son's gifts won't even be released until12/20! that's stressful. And dad and step-dad, and FIL, and BIL. Yikes, maybe I have more to do than I thought. :(

I also have not hardly started on stockings. I also have to do a stocking for FIL this year, as he is staying with us over Christmas.

Finally got oldest DS done. The prices online at Sears were so much better than the in store prices I saw last night!! I am sure I saved $30.00 plus the $5 off code from this site and I had rewards I could use too. I have one more small thing to get one of my DILs and my DS#3 called and said he was putting money in my acccount to get his BIL a gift since they have his name. I have now finished my youngest DD for about the 8th time.

Ugh. I just found out that half of my son's big gift, that I was already stressing about because it wouldn't be released until 12/20,is pushed back and won't be out until 1/15! And another part will be out 12/29. So now I have to completely rethink/rework my list. Because I'm not so sure Santa can leave a pre-order IOU under the tree!!

I think we're only missing mail carrier and trash folk (if we give them this year). I just need to try and figure out what blurays I haven't given certain people so I don't give them doubles and which gifts to give the kids AND then pack and ship my brothers xmas package :)

Luckily most of the stuff is already wrapped and I didn't have to wrap the majority of them.

I would be horrified at just having to step foot in a mall at this point, nevermind having to pay whatever they're charging. Hell, I'd probably order EVERYTHING through Amazon if this was the case.

No doubt! I was at Walmart last Sunday for groceries and the parking lot was FULL. Almost 'follow exiting shoppers to their cars' full! Have you seen the Walgreen's commercials with the crowded supercenter? I'm guessing that is what my Walmart will look like this weekend. My local mall is even worse - you have to follow people to their cars on a normal weekend there.

I just have a few more things to get. I finally figured out what to get DH, but am waiting to see if they'll put in on sale next week (office chair - often on sale $50 off at Office Max). I have 4 family exchange gifts with a $20 limit. So far I'm only at $10-$17 for each. Retail is over $20 for each already, but I usually spend the limit so I need a few adult 'box stuffers'. I LOVE being (mostly) done before the kids get out of school for break. This is the first year I've done it and I'm looking forward to just enjoying some time with the kiddos over break. If we do go to the mall, it will be to see a movie or visit Build-a-Bear.

I think we're only missing mail carrier and trash folk (if we give them this year).

What do you get them?

I am nearly finished now, just have to pick up a gift card for mil (the only thing she asked for), a friend jokingly said I don't even need to put any money on the gc because she will never use it :g_laughin still have to do for the teachers, we are getting down to the grind and was going to make the gifts but have to wait until this weekend when we go out of town to buy the rest of what we need. Otherwise they will probably get chocolates or something else boring. Waiting on a few more gifts to come in the mail but other than that I am finished. Even got all the stuff for stockings. I always put out our nice stockings on the mantle but secretly fill the old ones so I can make sure I have enough stuff for them and then just transfer it all on Christmas eve.

I always put out our nice stockings on the mantle but secretly fill the old ones so I can make sure I have enough stuff for them and then just transfer it all on Christmas eve.

That's a great idea. I always buy too much for the stockings and the stuff over flows to the floor. I wonder if Walmart would frown apon bringing a stocking into the store and filling it there? Lol ;)

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

What do you get them?

Can't remember. I think the trash guys get cider or cheap wine not sure if we do the same for carrier since it'd be heavy. Some years we've gone the tin of cookies or box of chocolates route too.

My father is in charge of buying 2 bottles of whiskey, possibly 1 if we can figure out for sure if my brothers godfather has stopped drinking.