What about Ornaments?

carla0922

Do you have a theme? Have you pasted yours down from generation to generation? Do you get a new one every year?

I use some that I have from when I was a little girl and then every year my Mom still gets me a new one. Now I also give my husband and little girl one every year. It's usually the Hallmark Keepsake ones. Sometimes we make some too. :hert:

I have been buying Hallmark ornaments for my kids (ages 12, 9, 4) since they were born and one for me and my husband every year since we've been married. We should have 42 hallmark ornaments this year plus extras I've bought here and there.

My kids love getting them out every year. My 9 year old daughter always complains because my 12 year old son has more than her!

I try to buy an ornament based on what they are into that particular year, and it's really neat to see Thomas the tank engine from when my oldest was crazy about him, Barbie ornaments from when my daughter was crazy about her, Richard Petty and Larry Bird for my husband, Maxine for myself. . . . . . .

I hope that they treasure them when they are adults as well!

:holiday01:holiday07:holiday05:holiday08:holiday16

we vary from year to year, LOL, I have far too much Christmas stuff but I love it. Anyway, the last few years I have done red, white & blue, my son is in the Marines, it just reminds me of the sacrifices those young men and women make for us, not unlike that of Christ!! Have a good one.

No theme. Most of my ornaments have some kind of special meaning to me (were my mothers, grandmothers or bought for a special occassion such as babys first xmas, first house, just married). The rest are just ones that I have picked up along the way and thought were pretty :)

I started making ornaments about 8 or 9 years ago and hope to have my tree with just handmade ornaments. The only ones that aren't are the ones that were my Mom's when I was a little girl or the ones that someone gave me that mean something to me.

No theme here, we have a little of this and a little of that, and it makes for a very beautiful tree! We get a hallmark ornament every year for that year and we also get our kids ornaments from various places, that signify something they like, or are into. Relatives give them a couple of ornaments each year as well. By the time they graduate college, they should have enough ornaments to decorate a nice size tree and lots of memories behind each one.:) We also pick up cute ornaments here and there at sales after Christmas as well as other decorations, to add to our decorations.:)

I have one tree done in country type or woody themed ornaments.

I have one tree done in snowman and snow themed ornaments.

The only theme on the other two trees is the colors I use for the ornament bulbs. The rest of the ornaments may stay in the same color family but theres no rhyme or reason to what they might be.

I love ornaments and can't stop buying! I get more every year! ;)

Every year I buy a hallmark for my kids that they have picked out. I got myself two hallmark's this year, both with Snoopy on them. I also have about 8 dozen or so old Shiny Brite glass balls. I absolutely love these things. Some I got from my mom, some from mil, and some from an auction and garage sales.

We have so many ornaments, we could realistically put up 2 trees. DH has all the stupid Star Trek ornaments from Hallmark since they came out and that is becoming quite the collection and somehow the tree doesn't look like Christmas any more.

Grandparents have bought ornaments every year for each child and that became burdensome too. I need to separate them so they can have them when they move out

I have bought every member of our family (including the animals) an ornament since the day I got married. So our tree is eclectic to say the least. But I can say that our theme is: trains, frogs, sports, cats, dogs, angels, snowmen and western. Last year I bought our first hunting ornament (new son in law). *L* It's different, but each child knows that they get their ornaments when they move out (or if they have already moved out, at the end of the season I send the ornament off to them.).

My mother was a HUGE Elvis fan, she had a Christmas ball with a picture of him singing on it from a concert. My brother puts it on his tree as tribute to her every year, omg how we hate that thing!!

I like the fancy ones, now that my kids are finally older I can start getting more of them!