Holday Advice

bfaddict1977

I told dd that there is a santa Claus and he exists in parents and he only brings gifts to those who believe in him. She's still debating with me, saying no man can live forever even Santa and that the tooth fairy and Easter bunny don't exist either. We shall see how Christmas goes.

I asked DS 7 if he wanted to go to the "breakfast with Santa" this year and he told me no. He also said that the Santa's that were here were not real. My jaw just about hit the floor when he was telling me this :eek:. He then proceeded to tell me that the "real" Santa was up at the northpole making the toys. I told him that the elves made the toys. He said to me in a duhhh mom tone, Someone has to be there to watch the elves!!! I thought for sure he was going to tell me that Santa wasn't real...

When I was a kid, I was extremely skeptical about santa, so I wrote a letter to Santa saying I didn't think he was real. In my stocking that year (I think I was about 8) was my letter. At the bottom was written, "I am real only if you believe in me," which is true on a few levels and was a good enough explanation for me at that age. When my niece was 8, she stopped believing until my dad showed her the NORAD Santa tracker, which seemed proof enough to me. I think 8 is a great age to believe in Santa! :)

For years I would only take my kids to see a Santa that had a real beard and white hair, this also help and I did not have to explain the difference to them

I was astounded by how "real" the one at disney was.....Santa looked like he'd lost a little weight but otherwise was perfect. BFF said he was getting off the ferry when we were getting on the night before so it was good the kids didn't spot him. She said the only thing different was that the mustache wasn't all gelled into the perfect curly shape.

Posted Image

Edited by tinkrbel
pic?

My son became skeptical around 8 yrs old, we went out of our way to keep the magic alive. Santa would be caught peeking in our windows (thanks dad ;) ). Santa also brought gifts that mom and dad "couldn't afford" in my sons eyes. When he was almost 12, he came to me and felt it was time to "level with him", and we did admit the truth and focused more on the spirit of Christmas since then. He is now almost 19 and gifts are still from Santa.

Unfortunately, I was 5 when I found out. I caught mom and dad putting the gifts under the tree as well. They were none too quiet about it and I came out to see what the noise was about. I quickly put 2 and 2 together. I love my parents, but they were bad at keeping secrets because my sister found out at 6 by finding the labeled gifts, they weren't hidden none to well at all. She wasn't snooping, but they were pretty much out in the open.

I was astounded by how "real" the one at disney was.....Santa looked like he'd lost a little weight but otherwise was perfect. BFF said he was getting off the ferry when we were getting on the night before so it was good the kids didn't spot him. She said the only thing different was that the mustache wasn't all gelled into the perfect curly shape.

Posted Image

love their faces, I love real bearded Santa's