First Rumored Best Buy BF Items Posted on BF Site

Brad

see i figured that, but the tv is the only thing im going for. And this BF will be my first, What should i expect? I wanna be first in line so i can get it, but how does it work? Do they give me a piece of paper saying its mine..? or do i have to physically grab the tv?

see i figured that, but the tv is the only thing im going for. And this BF will be my first, What should i expect? I wanna be first in line so i can get it, but how does it work? Do they give me a piece of paper saying its mine..? or do i have to physically grab the tv?

An excellent question. I was wondering the same thing. I figure that these are going to be given out on a ticket basis, rather than you have to run and grab one. I bet Wal-Mart does something similar.

Erik

Well 10 might be the minimum amount of new units the store would order for a new shipment, but usually for black friday, and when they know something will be a hot seller, they order more than usual in a fresh shipment. Of course they can't have that many of such a large item, sears may have room to keep more on hand depending on what type of store you go to.

Well 10 might be the minimum amount of new units the store would order for a new shipment, but usually for black friday, and when they know something will be a hot seller, they order more than usual in a fresh shipment. Of course they can't have that many of such a large item, sears may have room to keep more on hand depending on what type of store you go to.

No, 10 is the minimum of units that the store will have ... and in some cases, it's the maximum ...

For most big sales BB used to advertise computers etc at big loss leading discounts, working on the principle that people would come in for those deals, and that they can be up-sold to something twice the price ...

Then some smart manager figured that they didn't actually have to sell _any_ at the loss-leading price ...

Unfortunately Consumer Affairs pointed out that this was a bait-and-switch tactic. By Advertising a 10 unit minimum, they can avoid the bait-and-switch complaint, since they are advertising that there is a limited supply.

BB's other tactic is to advertise a bundle comprising of 4 or 5 components. they would then not carry enough of one of the smaller items ... (Last year for a Back-To-School sale, they advertised a notebook, printer, memory upgrade and notebook-bag ... buy all 4 together and get $400 rebate ... but each store I went to had significantly more notebooks available than printers, memory or bag. The only solution was to buy at full price, drive around the different stores, collect the components, and then go back to one store, and do a return/rebuy, thus making the bundle a single purchase, and get the rebate.)

(Still, at least they aren't doing loss-leading prices based on getting a $250 gift card for subscribing to AOL for a year (at a cost of $287.88) ...)

However I will also be picking up the toshiba projector if that is without rebates as well, that is nearly 350 off list price.

My husband was just telling me today that he would love to have a projector for movies and I come home and ran into this ad. I honestly do not know anything about projectors. I tried to find this model number online to check out the features but couldn't. Would you mind sharing what you know about it? Any links to this model anywhere? THANKS!! Vicky

Yeah Im pretty sure i will get one, because im gonna go as soon as i get off work at 11. and i will be there at around midnite. :D

Your best chance would be to monitor the best buy website starting as early as that wednesday in the hopes to see the price change.

My husband was just telling me today that he would love to have a projector for movies and I come home and ran into this ad. I honestly do not know anything about projectors. I tried to find this model number online to check out the features but couldn't. Would you mind sharing what you know about it? Any links to this model anywhere? THANKS!! Vicky

I am assuming, that this is the model being sold here. Or atleast it l ooks the same, and has the same specs off of the BB scan that I can read.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824018030

It is for sale for 744 there, which is 50 dollars off of what you can get it for at Toshiba Direct, if I recall from what I checked yesterday.

I will be hooking mine up to my computer, so the 800x600 resolution is okay, although myself being a computer geek i have my desktop usually at higher than that.

PS: PC magazine has a review of it here.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1822467,00.asp

I don't recall many of these stores advertising minimum quantities of anything in a long time. I also can't believe anyone would buy any of these things for above the advertized price.

I myself wouldnt buy something like the projector at its list price, however it is always one thing I have wanted, and this is darn cheap.

Also, it says it in the fine print I believe for the ad scans under most hot items the minimum they will have.

Guest fun_4_u_nme
Im concerned , I looked at the best buy ad pictures on here and the ad has a hole in some of the pages at the top in the center like it came out of a 3 ring binder or something ? My ad in the paper when sent to me never has this punched out hole ? Just a thing I noticed, Im not saying it is fake , I just dont understand why it has a hole and mine sent to me never do. Im new here so pardon my questioning things but I dont want ot waste valuble time on my Friday morning and find out its a fake. Thank you all

Guest fun_4_u_nme
Im concerned , I looked at the Best Buy ad pictures on here and the ad has a hole in some of the pages at the top in the center like it came out of a 3 ring binder or something ? My ad in the paper when sent to me never has this punched out hole ? Just a thing I noticed, Im not saying it is fake , I just dont understand why it has a hole and mine sent to me never do. Im new here so pardon my questioning things but I dont want ot waste valuble time on my Friday morning and find out its a fake. Thank you all

I don't know why there is a hole. But it could be because at some point it may have been in a binder. I know when I worked retail, I kept a binder of the ads for 2 monhts. I was a department manager, and we were supposed to keep track of our ads. That was the best way I had of keeping track of them. I know a lot of service desks do that as well. So that could be the reason for it.

As for the original question on this post, I don't know the answer to that. Sorry.

Guest fun_4_u_nme
Turtle, Thanks for the info, it still seems odd to me, I understand if it was released and the store manager punched a hole to keep track of it, but from what I understand these ads are supposed to be pre released ad's which would not have been sent ot the store manage yet correct ? call me skeptical ?

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know who submitted the ad to Brad and RossMan. Could have been anyone. I know if I had an ad from somewhere that I wanted to keep safe, I might be apt to put it in something that I wouldn't lose it until I got home with it. Could be any number of reasons.

Brad and RossMan had this site last year, and there are many members that are still here following them, so I think you can rest assured that the ads are legit.:)