Help with Gift for Grandpa- Fisher/Gardner

angie_phoenix

My grandfather is my hard to buy for person. He's 71 an active fisher and gardner, he still does home improvement projects. He has older tools and equipment for most things, but I don't know enough about fishing, gardening, tools, etc to know what would be useful to him.

I've also thought about some good outdoor clothing or gear for when he fishes. Of course I then need to find deals on this stuff so if you know of any please post.

I have a tight budget so would love to stay under $50, but if there was something GREAT I would go up to $100.

Thanks from me:imu2: and my grandpa... :grandpa:

You could always get hime a nice fishing pole and tacklebox with some new plastic bait(try Dick's Sporting Goods or Bass Pro Shop if you got them nearby, they are both very helpful) or go to Home Depot and get him a gift card for when spring comes around he can go buy more flowers, plants, or seeds to plant in his garden. Hope that helps a little!

I was watching one of those home decorating show and they made a shadow box. They took a box that had a glass front, then hot glued material to the inside back of the box. Then they bought fishing lures and stuck them on an old fishing hat as well as other fishing items and hot glued them it the box. I think the show was Decorating Cents, and was the trash to treasure segment. You could probably find the instructions on line if interested. I am sure there are magazines or videos, or books that would deal with these subjects too.

...how about getting a magazing that he DOESN'T have...buy it...subscribe to it NOW in his name, wrap the mag with a note that it was subscribed to for christmas AND/OR go to your local sporting goods store and get a GC for him to get some new gear with....2 gifts in one! :gd_partyu

My grandfather is my hard to buy for person. He's 71 an active fisher and gardner, he still does home improvement projects. He has older tools and equipment for most things, but I don't know enough about fishing, gardening, tools, etc to know what would be useful to him.

I've also thought about some good outdoor clothing or gear for when he fishes. Of course I then need to find deals on this stuff so if you know of any please post.

I have a tight budget so would love to stay under $50, but if there was something GREAT I would go up to $100.

Thanks from me:imu2: and my grandpa... :grandpa:

Do you have a Bass Pro shop near? I know they do BF sales cuz my ex-FIL was into fishing and hunting.