Amazon $5 promo question

This morning I placed 2 different orders on Amazon, each were one video game. Both times it showed regular price in the cart and when I went to pay there was a thing that said Black Friday Deal and took $5 off. I just tested again and it didn't happen.

Does anyone know what this was? It didn't show at all on the item pages. It is dead for me but maybe it was limited and will still work for you.

My games were Wii Mario Party 9 preorder (I placed the order by accident too, that's how I found the promo, but now I'll keep the order since I got $5 off and preorder guarantee) and Pillow Pets on DS ($11 woo hoo).

Yep, I did just get an email about it. It says it happened to me twice and said I had a $10 promo in my account. Wonder why it split it up like that though, $5 on two orders rather than just the $10. Hey, I'm not complaining (except hubby got my second $5 on something for his niece rather than me, but that's ok, I'll share:tongue1:). I think the one error was on the Ninjago game which I got the next day on LD again anyway for the same price.

I got the $5 but it has to be used on the item that was in your cart during the Lightning Deal, or at least mine does. I tried on several items but it will only work on the Lightning Deal item.

Not mine I used it on a great deal for an electronic wine chiller and rechargable opener set ($20) Never even searched for it before today :D

I didn't look at any of the things you guys mentioned. I got Hot Tube Time Machine, Fast Five and Transformers on Blu Ray and Ninjago Battles DS game. There were some loading problems and I panicked too on Fast Five because it took the whole 15 minutes to check out. I actually had more problems on Thanksgiving night though with things not going into the cart, adding me to the waitlist and then saying the waitlist was full, all in a matter of seconds. I posted a complaint in the Amazon forums and so did a TON of other people so it could have been Thursday night too.