how are they handling video games?

neeka27

I was just at two stores by me and if you can get em online do it! We left after a while. It was a cluster f*** mess!!! I have been a few years but this was AWFUL. No organization, after being in line forever, we had to move cause the line we all were in they said we all couldnt be there. Then we were all told to come back after 10, my dh was very mad to say the least, lol. Hoping everyone else had better luck at their Walmarts.

Oh to answer the ?, no tickets at mine.

Just got back over an hour ago. It was NUTS. No order. People pushing, swearing, pallets being spilled onto the floor. no tickets. Free for all basically. Luckily my son got his Battlefield 3, Batman, and madden. I got Just Dance 3 for the Wii. Barely though. Only 16 copies of that came in

At my store they had tickets for the xbox deal an the tv's. Everything else was a free~for~all after about 9:15. people started walking up an unwrapping the boxes. There was a fist fight in the the check out for line jumping an someone broke their arm. So not worth that !

Ours was pure CHAOS! You had to be in line for the games, but people were just jumping the line, so my DH waited by the cages inside the Electronics department and the employees were just opening the doors and basically throwing the games out for people to fight for them. Very poorly managed, but we were patient and got what we wanted.

My ds13 was between the games and some jerk from behind shoved people as he dove in from behind me, and the display landed on the floor. My ds13 came out of the dogpile with a black eye and cut on his face. One wonderful (huge) guy next to him picked up the jerk and got him out of the mess, but the damage was alrady done. I watched it in slow motion, I swear and it hit me that my baby was in there. I was sick, as being a small town in Utah it has NEVER been violent before. We are rethinking ever doing it again, and I have been a diehard for 20 years!!

My daughter and I were there for WII games (Rio and How to Train Your Dragon were our targets). One pallet of games and four people had blocked the four sides of the pallet with shopping carts. When the tarp came off, one lady grabbed every copy of Rio (there were just 3) and started trying to dump every copy of Epic Mickey into her cart. Someone pulled her buggy aside and she started yelling. There were no copies of Dragon, Toy Story 3, or Michael Jackson Experience. Mainly Epic Mickey, Harry Potter Lego, Batman Lego and a ton of Wii Game Party 2. It was a complete fiasco. We ended up with a copy of Epic Mickey and Cars 2.

Then you could not get out of the store. The lines for the electronics were wrapped into the main traffic lanes and you could not get through and people were already crowded around the midnight electronic pallets. Probably the worst Black Friday experience I have ever had. My daughter decided she had seen enough and we were ready to leave. It took 30 minutes to get back to front to the registers, but there were no lines to checkout! No one was leaving and more people just kept coming in.

I had my best BF Walmart experience this year. They had a single line for the video games/movies and they let 50 people at a time go through the section with the movies/games. You could take as long as you needed, but you could not go back for anything, just had to keep moving forward so others could get there turn. There was a lot of inventory, so even though there were hundreds of people ahead of us in line, there was still a lot of each title when had our turn. They gave out tickets and had specific lines for for the game consoles, etc. In the past it has been a free for all when the sale started, so this was a very nice change.

It was crazy at myrtle beach. Fortunately, we were there really early, and they had just put out the game/movie stuff and we stood at the ones we wanted and didn't move (but were not rude with a cart). We went to the North MB WM later and there were games/movies spread throughout the store. We found the one game that wasn't at the MB WM. We were the second people out the door : )

I was really ticked that walmart.com decided to NOT offer the kinect sports & dance central 2 for $15 like the ad said :( LOSERS! :mad:

They could at least just offered a few at midnight...BOO!

mine had both of those which I got! I was in line getting the x box and my friend and her two boys were staking out the games. If you were in line for the x box you missed out on the games unless you had someone else with you because they were gone in like 5 mins or less.