Official One-and-Only "What I Got" & "My Black Friday Experience" Thread

Brad

Rather than have everyone post their own separate thread detailing their experience shopping on Thursday & Friday, we're going to do what we always do and have this one main thread.

If you post your experience in a separate thread, we're either going to merge it in here or delete it, so if you want to make sure you don't do all that typing for nothing, make sure it goes in here.

PS - Feel free to post what you've ordered online as well.

I got the Leveno laptop for $179, the Dynex 24 inch HDTV for $79, Uncharted 3 and Batman AC for $29 ea, 3 3D blu-rays (Ice Age 3D, Rio 3D, and Polar Express 3D), plus some other non-3D (Fast Five and Green Lantern), DualShock 3 Charging Station and Blu-ray Remote all from Best Buy. Got a 40 in Westinghouse 1080p 120Hz from Newegg and an LG blu-ray player from Walmart. Whew...I'm just starting.

Dh is THRILLED. First time ever he doesnt need to go to Target for me. I ordered everything I had on my list online except for 2 small things that were just fillers anyway.

What I ordered from Target:

vampire diaries season 2

big bang theory seasons 1-4

memorex dvd player

memorex pureplat ipod dock

bambi

ramona and beezus dvd

Off to a good start =)

I got cancelled already too (as always, check out my signature). I ordered a PS3 Uncharted Bundle from B&N and used the 30% off code (Yeah, I took a chane and it went thru). A few hours later my hopes were diminished.

Did they contact you when they cancelled your order and did they already take your money? I hate Barnes & Noble and my paypal right now :( it won't release my money. :no: I also hate how they sent a scheduled to ship confirmation before cancelling it without telling me. I would've been waiting for it to arrive next week.

I always double check my orders later in the day which is how I found out it got cancelled. I now have to borrow $200 to buy it somewhere else since my money is on hold... /sigh

=======================================================================

On a happier note... I just ordered the PS3 bundle from Best Buy... crossing my fingers that nothing goes wrong...

I also got luggage and a gift from JCPenney and headphones from Radio Shack. Now I have less places I need to purchase things at!

Edited by tehlilone

Today online: got Mortal Kombat from Amazon for $29.99 and a YuGiOh collection (not on sale). Got the 24" Dynex from Best Buy for $79.99 along with Assassins Creek Revelations for $34.99. Missed the Batman but still hope for cheaper price. Been buying stuff from my Amazon wish list for the past couple of weeks as prices dropped.

Went to Meijer and got two of the arctic coats for $20 each (regularly $65 each) and five tins of popcorn for $3.96 each (for bosses gifts).

There was a line at Walgreens which was pretty sad because people were buying everyday items on sale such as laundry detergent, toilet paper and paper towels, which I bought too. Got ibuprofen for 99 cents and four bags of candy for $10 with a $5 coupon that printed out at the register for next visit.

Had fun. Might venture out to Walmart tonight after I get back from dinner.

So far:

3 Pillow Pets from Amazon (right around $15 each). They are not the brand pillow pets, but are the same size, still get great reviews and I'm sure the kids wont care and I was happy with the price. :tongue1:

and some other items like 2 books for BF, brain teaser puzzle for dd and some things for the parents.

Never made it out to CVS yet for the free items after instant rebates but will be stopping by on the way to the parents in a few hours.

I picked up a kitchen cart at Big Lots this morning. (Thankfully the 32" Dynex LED didn't go on sale while I was there.)

I lucked out and got the 32" Dynex, Big Bang Theory Season 4 and the Sony Media Player for $49 online from Best Buy.

I bought the 6' step ladder for $19 and a worklight for $9 at Lowes.com.

We are done with our Black Friday shopping! YAY! I can sleep in tomorrow morning...the first time in several years. lol

I ordered the $99 Nikon on Target and hope it doesn't get cancelled. My oldest DD really wanted it but none of us want to stand in line at Target. Plus our Target is lacking in how to run the electronics deals on BF. I've been ordering various Blu-rays and DVD's on Amazon all week. Last night BigLots had a sale for BuzzClub members and I got The Game of Life for 4.88 and DJ Hero II bundle for 13.88. So at midnight I'll be at Beall's for clothes and I'm done. Bonus, there was a 10/25 coupon for BF at Bealls on the Orlando Sentinel this AM.

Went to Walgreens this morning for the sale items and had three credit cards "decline" with four people behind me. Turns out they were actually needing a managers approval for some giftcard deal that she did wrong and it was asking for a managers approval, but she was reading it as a credit card decline. So, after being thoroughly embarrassed and panicked that someone had got all my accounts I wasn't very excited about my "free" toothpaste or itunes gc deal. :(

Got 42"TV for $299 for kid's game systems from Newegg, got 3ds for $129 from ebay, got corei5 8gb 1TB desktop for $399 from Buy.com, got nikkon coolpix S6100 from Staples for $100.93 shipped with $25 off code plus a free mp4 player, got multiple xbox games from best buy, and over $500 of crap (bras,coats,robes,towels,sheets,hoodies,etc.) from Kohls! Plus amazon stuff over the last week. It's been a great week! I haven't had to leave my computer! :tongue1:

I may venture out tomorrow to Menards and Walgreens. Thanks gottadeal. All my BF shopping done before Black Friday! And I didn't have to get out of my P.J's!

I originally ordered the Acer Iconia 7" from BB this morning. Shortly after got a message that the Acer Iconia 10" was selling @ Kmart for $219.00 I ordered quickly and cancelled the 7". DD13 will be thrilled when she gets it.

I am online at Best Buy in the top 15 to get the $199 Sharp, the Asus Transformer and the 24" Dynex. There are not alot of people here at all. Very surprised. Maybe 50-60 people. It was a beautiful day today too:)

i tried to stay up for the 32 inch at best buy but i just couldn't. baby girl came stumbling in my bedroom at 7:56 this morn and i was wondering why on earth are you up already? well i think the best buy fairy whispered in her ear cuz i went straight to the computer and lo and behold there was the 32 inch tv waiting to be put in my cart!!! yeah baby girl's timing!!

so far on line .....got the disney toddler princess doll and dress from target (which sold out quickly online) reg. 34.99 got it for 19.99 and free shipping -already got a shipped notice also from them, got three marshmallow shooters from kohl's saved 20% (which basically was shipping cost) , and 2 hollister shirts got 40% off and $5.00 flat shipping rate ! so far so good on good deals !