The Samsung Laptop Doorbuster for $299

KDFreder

What do the laptop experts say of this? Worth waiting for in the line? The last one I got was the Toshiba a few years ago at Best Buy on Black Friday and the power cord is fried -- looking for a new laptop for home use. Not gaming really.

I read a few reviews about it, but just wondering what anyone thinks of it....

Thanks.

It regularly sells for $1000 and is on sale as a DB for $299. A good deal. The laptop is better than the Lenovo and I would say is was compatible with the Toshiba BB just had on sale last week for $279. It's got a good fast processor (2.3 GHtz) and good graphics. Not a lot of memory, but not bad at 4 Gig. HD is OK at 320 Gig. This is a good middle of the road laptop and a good price. Not great IMO, but good. The comparable Toshiba at a better price last week proves that good deals don't have to be done on BF. You can get those throughout the Christmas buying season. The Lenovo is a BF deal and you probably won't see prices that low on a laptop outside of BF.

It regularly sells for $1000 and is on sale as a DB for $299. A good deal. The laptop is better than the Lenovo and I would say is was compatible with the Toshiba BB just had on sale last week for $279. It's got a good fast processor (2.3 GHtz) and good graphics. Not a lot of memory, but not bad at 4 Gig. HD is OK at 320 Gig. This is a good middle of the road laptop and a good price. Not great IMO, but good. The comparable Toshiba at a better price last week proves that good deals don't have to be done on BF. You can get those throughout the Christmas buying season. The Lenovo is a BF deal and you probably won't see prices that low on a laptop outside of BF.

If you look, most of the doorbusters are listed as $1000 coming soon. Those prices are way too high, they don't want to list the actual prices high.

You can buy this laptop right now online;

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Pentium%26%23174%3B+Processor+/+15.6%26%2334%3B+Display+/+4GB+Memory+-+Black/Silver/3558749.p?skuId=3558749&id=1218413771184

I bought it on Monday and it arrived yesterday. Gorgeous display! Nice laptop for $299. I doubt it is a $1000 laptop, more likely $600.

yeah i went ahead and got it already online since it was there - read up on the processor: it's an entry-level CPU, but i'm not a pc gamer, so i should be good to go - should be better than the toshiba i got here at BB on BF 3 yrs ago, with the power cord now frayed and chewed up and sparking flames every time i turn it on, so it's all good.

...still waiting in line though for ticket items - think i'll go for the asus tablet and the sharp tv....