ToysRUs: Leapster Explorer Games Buy One Get One FREE! 2 Under $20!

sweetdiggity

Does anyone know how these games compare to the "apps" you can download for the Leap Pad? I bought the Leap Pad for my youngest son but my oldest son had a Leapfrog Explorer and the game which the youngest plays with. I am wondering it is worth it to try to keep up cartridges if I can just download something very similar on the Leap Pad. Thanks.

nisha98 - Yesterday I opened up the LeapPad I bought for my youngest son (I want it to be playable as soon as he opens the box on Christmas). The downloadable apps are different from the games that are available on the cartridges. Several of the cartridge games are available as downloads (you have to pay for them - full price, $25), but that would just take up memory space on the device that you could use for other downloadable content that is not available on the cartridges (eBooks, videos, etc.). Since the cartridges on this particular sale are sooooo affordable, I bought several for my son, that way there's room to download other stuff later, when I see what features he likes best.

Rianistar - NO. Leapster Explorer games do NOT work on the Leapster 2. The Explorer cartridges are slimmer - they will only work on the LeapFrog Explorer or the LeapFrog LeapPad tablet.

Went to my local TRU tonight, hoping to get in on this deal. Games were either $18.74 each or $24.99 B1G1 - they wouldn't honor the $18.74 B1G1 as the sale is online. Looks like all the good games are out of stock :( But great deal for anyone who got in on it!

celestiaann - I had to place three seperate orders to get all the games I wanted... but even with paying shipping fees the prices were below any going deals in the stores.

Tarams - I stayed up until the sale went live last night to get the games I wanted... I was worried that they would sell out quickly. They probably won't get them back in before the 4 day sale is over. If you're willing to brave it, Target has them on Black Friday for $14.99 each, which is still a pretty good deal.

Went to my local TRU tonight, hoping to get in on this deal. Games were either $18.74 each or $24.99 B1G1 - they wouldn't honor the $18.74 B1G1 as the sale is online. Looks like all the good games are out of stock :( But great deal for anyone who got in on it!

I got them to honor mine at $18.74 a piece. Had to do two separate transactions but they pushed it through for me! They originally rang as $24.99 with one free. Still a good deal though.

Great deal....I had a 10.00 gift card from a video game new release promotion so once I used that it cost me 10.05 for a VTech VReader game and a Leapster Explorer game. I wouldn't have known about this sale, so thanks for posting :) Oh and I signed up for a free trial of Shoprunner so I got free shipping (even though both games said they had in store pick up, neither gave me that option at check out and shipping would have been 6.00).