BestBuy.com Black Friday Sale [Sale Started]

Brad

with the itunes flub up do they invalidate the code that you were sent? I haven't gotten an email... yet... but I have already redeemed the code. I think since it was their mess up then we should get it for the price we paid for it!

Wondering this too. I havent received the cancellation but my code has already been redeemed.

My experience with the iTunes GC:

I ordered the digital code version and then somehow ordered one that is an actual physical card. I canceled the digital order thinking I would rather place another order for a physical one. By the time I tried to order another one, the deal had ended. My order for the physical card says shipped. I even have a tracking number. But, the order still says in process.

I haven't gotten the message yet (*fingers crossed*). But since I redeemed my iTunes gift card about 15 minutes after I bought it, I'm wondering if Best Buy is stuck with my purchase. After their fiasco last night with not starting the sale for over six hours, frankly I'm looking at the $40 as payment for lost time, lol.

Got the cancellation for my iTunes cards as well.

I think if they sent you the code already, you are probably safe. Those of us who weren't sent the codes right away last night are the ones that will be screwed.

Last night when I got it the code was in my email within 2 minutes. No email yet...

iTunes canceled here too! Total bull bc now I paid for something that THEY canceled, they took my money and now I have to wait to get it back.

"Credit Card Authorization

When you place an online order, we authorize your credit card to make sure sufficient credit is available. A hold is placed on funds equal to your order total until the order is fulfilled.

If you cancel the order, the time required to remove the authorization is determined by the financial institution that issued your card. Here are estimated timeframes for some common payment methods:

Payment Type Time Required

Debit or check cards 24-72 hours

Visa or MasterCard 7 days

Discover 14 days

American Express or Best Buy credit card 30 days

Canceled Orders & Gift Cards

If you cancel an order that was paid for with a gift card, the purchase amount will be credited to your gift card within 30 minutes of the cancellation. If you no longer have the gift card, call us to request a new one."

Wow. That sucks. About the gift cards. You should raise a stink with customer service. Point out that they did honor it for some customers. And point out they apparently don't know how to run a website, so why should you pay for their incompetence? Can you tell that (even though I did get my $60 gift card) I am very pissed with Best Buy at the moment? Though I am very relieved I can avoid the brick and mortar store this evening thanks in large part to Amazon.Com. :)

I purchased the itunes gift card last night as well and after reading these post about the orders being cancelled I assumed mine had as well. It was meant to be a Christmas present for my boyfriend so I had not even bothered to check my email today. In a panic I told my boyfriend to try and redeem the code to see if it would work and it did. I see now that if you were sent the code then your order was not going to be cancelled. Oh well, he got an early Christmas Present.

Got almost everything on my list online. Already got the notice that The Big Bang Theory season 4 is on backorder. It was the first thing in my cart, so I'm glad it got backordered instead of cancelled.

For those of you who are looking for Itunes cards .. Walgreens today is buy $30 worth of ITunes cards, get a $10 Walgreens gift card.

WOW!!! Despite all the negative things I have heard about BB Customer Service, I had to share this. I got one of the itunes cards and it was cancelled like most everybodys. I called BB customer service and they reinstated the order!!!

They had to do a price adjustment, but they were happy to do it, I did'nt even ask. They told me the price had changed to 80.00, but they could see where I paid 60, so they changed the price back to 60.00

If you have your confirmation email, it is worth a call to them!!

p.s. It took about 90 seconds to get the code via email :)

Edited by jwelch6301

Ugh. Im STILL waiting for the Norelco 7310XL Rechargeable Cordless Men's Razor to come online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Norelco+-+Rechargeable+Cordless+Men%27s+Razor+-+Black/8834844.p?id=1212796430688&skuId=8834844&slref=10&slloc=01

Why wait? I believe this is the same one, and for less! :D

Philips Norelco 7310XL Men's Shaving System - $17.97 a/c ($49.99) @ Amazon.com