Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

What's your favorite Christmas song?......

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 susiejwp  OFFLINE  

susiejwp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 5:17 pm

...you know the one you could hum all day long and drive your family nutso! mine is probably "Santa Baby" or " I want a hippopatamus for Christmas!" Ok...so I'm a little on the excentric side songs wise!......:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: P.S. sorry if this is a repeat of a post...I hunted and couldn't for the life of me find it anywhere!

#2 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,789 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 5:42 pm

I love the Christmas shoes, and Rudolph and Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas

#3 Pseed  OFFLINE  

Pseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 6:08 pm

I like Silent Night sung by the Temptations..lol. I like Santa Baby too :)

#4 Guest_all2tired_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_all2tired_*
  • Member since --

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 6:18 pm

...you know the one you could hum all day long and drive your family nutso!

mine is probably "Santa Baby" or " I want a hippopatamus for Christmas!"
Ok...so I'm a little on the excentric side songs wise!......:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

P.S. sorry if this is a repeat of a post...I hunted and couldn't for the life of me find it anywhere!

My favorite is Santa Baby. As a matter of fact, the picture in my avatar it titled Santa Baby because of the way my daughter seemed to have posed herself. Every year I sing this one to my kids... not sure of the title.
I'm gettin' nothin' for Christmas
Mommy and Daddy are mad
I'm gettin' nothin' for Christmas
Cause I've been nothin' but bad.

#5 Gloey  OFFLINE  

Gloey

Old Broad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,239 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 6:27 pm

Chrissy the Christmas Mouse!

#6 musiang  OFFLINE  

musiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 7:03 pm

Mine will always be "I'll be home for Christmas". Has special meaning to our family, and we always make sure it is playing at feasting time. It is in rememberence for our Father who passed away to remind us he is always there with us.

#7 sunprincess831  OFFLINE  

sunprincess831

Proud Military Wife

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 7:07 pm

My favorite Christmas song would be Jingle Bells, mainly becuase that is one of my earliest memorie of my grandmother (who passed away 2 years ago :cry2:)

#8 treasure60  OFFLINE  

treasure60

• 2,503 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 9:54 pm

It's The Most Wonderland Time Of The Year,,,that is my favorite Christmas song.

#9 shopping mom  OFFLINE  

shopping mom

• 2,545 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 10:40 pm

My favorite in the car is the Twelve days of Christmas. Not the traditional ones but one we make up as we go to that tune. Each person in the car gets a different day and then we start. For example on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me one car stereo. It is a fun way for the kids to tell you what they want for Christmas. Besides that I love them all!!

#10 turtle_elf  OFFLINE  

turtle_elf

Online Black Friday Shopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2005 - 10:48 pm

I love Christmas Music! But if I had to pick one, it would be Silent Night, this song has many precious memories for me.:holiday03

#11 susiejwp  OFFLINE  

susiejwp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 5:05 am

Mine will always be "I'll be home for Christmas". Has special meaning to our family, and we always make sure it is playing at feasting time. It is in rememberence for our Father who passed away to remind us he is always there with us.

....God Bless! :)

#12 susiejwp  OFFLINE  

susiejwp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 5:06 am

My favorite in the car is the Twelve days of Christmas. Not the traditional ones but one we make up as we go to that tune. Each person in the car gets a different day and then we start. For example on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me one car stereo. It is a fun way for the kids to tell you what they want for Christmas. Besides that I love them all!!

what a cute way to pass a long ride...but I' think I'll pass....the oldest wants too many electronic toys...it may depress me, either that or my wallet! LOL

#13 motoXmom  OFFLINE  

motoXmom

• 1,812 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 5:18 am

I Love the song " I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause" I have the record from when I was little it's a Mitch Millers Christmas one but I cant' remember the exact name of it, but it's my favorite!

#14 sheshagirl  OFFLINE  

sheshagirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 50 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 6:18 am

Santa Baby (the Ertha Kitt one)

#15 martinas  OFFLINE  

martinas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 6:24 am

:) Definitly Silent Night. When I put up the tree I listen to Grandma got run over by a reindeer or Mommy's kissing Santa. :D

#16 geomacey  OFFLINE  

geomacey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 6:43 am

It's a lot easier to tell you which ones I DON'T like :D .... White Christmas and Chestnuts Roasting .... to name a very few. My favorites in no particular order would be O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard on High, Merry Christmas Darling, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Christmas Don't Be Late (Alvin & the Chipmunks ROCK! :bunny: :g_dance: ) Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, Must Be Santa (Mitch Miller) ..... I could go on and on and on.......

#17 knittingarrows  OFFLINE  

knittingarrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:03 am

One King by Point of Grace - One King carried frankensence, One King Carried Myrrh, One King carried the brightest gold, and One King carried the hope of the world.

#18 WELUVKDS79  OFFLINE  

WELUVKDS79

• 3,382 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:11 am

The kiddos rendition of "Rudolph the Red- Nosed Reindeer":gd_devild

#19 moopeikennel  OFFLINE  

moopeikennel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:35 am

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus..... This mommy loves Santa :hearthrob :wub: :giggle: :2couple: :censored: :fruitsex: :2woot:

#20 erh12275  OFFLINE  

erh12275

• 1,047 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:17 am

Another hard ?. I love almost all the Mariah Carey Merry Christmas CD...also love Sleigh Ride...but if I had to pick one...it's probably...don't laugh...The Chipmunk's Christmas Song....Christmas Don't Be Late.

#21 erh12275  OFFLINE  

erh12275

• 1,047 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:19 am

It's a lot easier to tell you which ones I DON'T like :D .... White Christmas and Chestnuts Roasting .... to name a very few.
My favorites in no particular order would be O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard on High, Merry Christmas Darling, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Christmas Don't Be Late (Alvin & the Chipmunks ROCK! :bunny: :g_dance: ) Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, Must Be Santa (Mitch Miller) .....
I could go on and on and on.......

Although White Christmas is my FAVORITE movie...I too HATE that song....and about the Alvin and the Chipmunks...I listed that as my fave.

#22 JazzMama  OFFLINE  

JazzMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:23 am

My favorites are the classics: Carol of the Bells, Do You Hear What I Hear, and White Christmas

#23 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,604 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:28 am

Oh Holy Night Do you Hear What I Hear and... Snoopy's Chr-stmas by the Royal Guardsmen

#24 Hummingbird  OFFLINE  

Hummingbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 8:51 am

I love just about all the Christmas Songs. Some of my favorites are:A few of my favorite things, Mary did you know I love when CMT starts showing all their christmas videos!:yelclap:

#25 carone0318  OFFLINE  

carone0318

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 65 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 9:16 am

I wish that I had one favorite, but I really don't. Here is a list of a few that I would put at the top of my list: Santa Baby by Bruce Springsteen; Silent Night by Wilson Phillips; Please Come Home for Christmas by Bon Jovi and I'm not sure of the name of the song but it goes Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me... I think that the title might be Let there be Peace on Earth. You'll here it around the holidays, but it is not necessarily a holiday song. We sing it at Church throughout the year too, but it reminds me of the holidays.

#26 buckwheat_jegc  OFFLINE  

buckwheat_jegc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 9:39 am

:holiday04Blue Christmas (Patti La Belle) and the whole Christmas cd :holiday07 One Little Christmas Tree (Stevie Wonder) and the whole Christmas cd :holiday11The Christmas Song aka Chestnuts Roasting on An Open Fire (Nat King Cole) Away In a Manger (Nat King Cole) Silent Night (The Temptations) :holiday03 O Holy Night (Patti LaBelle)

#27 best4less  OFFLINE  

best4less

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 10:34 am

This one is my least favorite for that reason- makes me cry ever time because it reminds me of my mother and this year, my father too :(

My favorite has to be "Dominic the Donkey" by Lou Monte

Hey! Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
It's Dominick the donkey.
Chingedy ching,
(hee-haw, hee-haw)
The Italian Christmas donkey.

LOL :D

#28 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,906 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 10:44 am

...you know the one you could hum all day long and drive your family nutso!

mine is probably "Santa Baby" or " I want a hippopatamus for Christmas!"
Ok...so I'm a little on the excentric side songs wise!

If you don't already have an MP3 of "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gayla Peevey, you can get it here:

http://soe.hyperchat...oe/hippoFAQ.htm (right click and choose "save as" on the MP3 link)

It's not her site, per say, it looks like she condones the download...

And my favorite Christmas song isn't a "true" Christmas song at all, but that's when it gets airtime. It's "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg.

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#29 Kandy  OFFLINE  

Kandy

• 6,064 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 10:47 am

Silent night
~*~Debbie~*~

#30 cami_reardon  OFFLINE  

cami_reardon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 9, 2005 - 7:52 pm

Christmas Shoes. Hands down, it makes me cry everytime I hear it. The other one I really like is by a local group called the Fishheads - they sing a song to the tune of Sleigh Ride but talk about it as a beach song, one line talks about his 1 horse watersleigh. It's a hoot!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users