What's your favorite Christmas song?......

susiejwp

...you know the one you could hum all day long and drive your family nutso!

mine is probably "Santa Baby" or " I want a hippopatamus for Christmas!"

Ok...so I'm a little on the excentric side songs wise!......:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

P.S. sorry if this is a repeat of a post...I hunted and couldn't for the life of me find it anywhere!

Guest all2tired

Ok...so I'm a little on the excentric side songs wise!......:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

P.S. sorry if this is a repeat of a post...I hunted and couldn't for the life of me find it anywhere!

My favorite is Santa Baby. As a matter of fact, the picture in my avatar it titled Santa Baby because of the way my daughter seemed to have posed herself. Every year I sing this one to my kids... not sure of the title.

I'm gettin' nothin' for Christmas

Mommy and Daddy are mad

I'm gettin' nothin' for Christmas

Cause I've been nothin' but bad.

My favorite in the car is the Twelve days of Christmas. Not the traditional ones but one we make up as we go to that tune. Each person in the car gets a different day and then we start. For example on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me one car stereo. It is a fun way for the kids to tell you what they want for Christmas. Besides that I love them all!!

Mine will always be "I'll be home for Christmas". Has special meaning to our family, and we always make sure it is playing at feasting time. It is in rememberence for our Father who passed away to remind us he is always there with us.

....God Bless! :)

My favorite in the car is the Twelve days of Christmas. Not the traditional ones but one we make up as we go to that tune. Each person in the car gets a different day and then we start. For example on the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me one car stereo. It is a fun way for the kids to tell you what they want for Christmas. Besides that I love them all!!

what a cute way to pass a long ride...but I' think I'll pass....the oldest wants too many electronic toys...it may depress me, either that or my wallet! LOL

It's a lot easier to tell you which ones I DON'T like :D .... White Christmas and Chestnuts Roasting .... to name a very few.

My favorites in no particular order would be O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard on High, Merry Christmas Darling, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Christmas Don't Be Late (Alvin & the Chipmunks ROCK! :bunny::g_dance: ) Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, Must Be Santa (Mitch Miller) .....

I could go on and on and on.......

It's a lot easier to tell you which ones I DON'T like :D .... White Christmas and Chestnuts Roasting .... to name a very few.

My favorites in no particular order would be O Holy Night, Angels We Have Heard on High, Merry Christmas Darling, I'll Be Home for Christmas, Christmas Don't Be Late (Alvin & the Chipmunks ROCK! :bunny::g_dance: ) Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, Must Be Santa (Mitch Miller) .....

I could go on and on and on.......

Although White Christmas is my FAVORITE movie...I too HATE that song....and about the Alvin and the Chipmunks...I listed that as my fave.

I wish that I had one favorite, but I really don't. Here is a list of a few that I would put at the top of my list: Santa Baby by Bruce Springsteen; Silent Night by Wilson Phillips; Please Come Home for Christmas by Bon Jovi and I'm not sure of the name of the song but it goes Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me... I think that the title might be Let there be Peace on Earth. You'll here it around the holidays, but it is not necessarily a holiday song. We sing it at Church throughout the year too, but it reminds me of the holidays.

:holiday04Blue Christmas (Patti La Belle) and the whole Christmas cd

:holiday07 One Little Christmas Tree (Stevie Wonder) and the whole Christmas cd

:holiday11The Christmas Song aka Chestnuts Roasting on An Open Fire (Nat King Cole)

Away In a Manger (Nat King Cole)

Silent Night (The Temptations)

:holiday03 O Holy Night (Patti LaBelle)

Mine will always be "I'll be home for Christmas". Has special meaning to our family, and we always make sure it is playing at feasting time. It is in rememberence for our Father who passed away to remind us he is always there with us.

This one is my least favorite for that reason- makes me cry ever time because it reminds me of my mother and this year, my father too :(

My favorite has to be "Dominic the Donkey" by Lou Monte

Hey! Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

It's Dominick the donkey.

Chingedy ching,

(hee-haw, hee-haw)

The Italian Christmas donkey.

LOL :D

Ok...so I'm a little on the excentric side songs wise!

If you don't already have an MP3 of "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" by Gayla Peevey, you can get it here:

http://soe.hyperchat.com/newchat/u/yummy/~soe/hippoFAQ.htm (right click and choose "save as" on the MP3 link)

It's not her site, per say, it looks like she condones the download...

And my favorite Christmas song isn't a "true" Christmas song at all, but that's when it gets airtime. It's "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg.