CompUSA Black Friday Ad Scans Posted!

Brad

I wonder if this means that they won't be having their Wednesday before Thanksgiving 4 P.M. sale. We line up at 1 P.M. for that. They had better notebook deals at that sale last year. With NO AOL.

The prices are not very good, and not enough free after rebate merchandise. I think they are making the Wal*Mart mistake of 2004.

I usually go there last (they usually opened later than anyone else) and they still have what I wanted. All I want is the Hitachi Sata drive, and maybe the PCI-E card for $199.

Good price on the Acer notebook, only both ram slots are filled, and only 10/100 network connection, also don't see mouse input. But still good deal. If you are not interested in adding ram.

Can't wait for Best Buy and Office Max! I hope they don't let me down.

I can't really read the fine print, but does it say just subscribe to AOL? If so you can sign with AOL for only 4.95 a month provided you have your own ISP (i.e cable or dsl) you just pay 5.00 a month to use the services they provide...

If you are going to set up wi-fi at home, go with linksys. I have the NetGear wireless router and PCI wireless cards at home, and it sucks. Because the router and our cordless phone are both 2.4 Ghz, every time we use the phone, the wireless will freak out for a few seconds. Also, some of the pc's are about 50 feet away with 1 drywall&paint wall in between and they only get about 45% signal. In fact, I'm considering picking up some of the Linksys equipment and selling the netgear stuff on ebay.

If you are going to set up wi-fi at home, go with linksys. I have the NetGear wireless router and PCI wireless cards at home, and it sucks. Because the router and our cordless phone are both 2.4 Ghz, every time we use the phone, the wireless will freak out for a few seconds. Also, some of the pc's are about 50 feet away with 1 drywall&paint wall in between and they only get about 45% signal. In fact, I'm considering picking up some of the Linksys equipment and selling the netgear stuff on ebay.

I have a GE 2.4 cordless and also I use a older netgear WR814 with the MA111 USB adaptor and have no issues. My router is on the main floor while my computer is upstairs and I usually have between 90 and 95 signal.

Have you tried changing the channel that your router uses?? To ensure the least amount of interferece between cordless phone and wireless router (any not just netgear) you should have them at least 6 channels apart. If you have not tried already, change your router to use channel 10 or 11 then reset and reboot everything and see if that helps.

Now I remember why I hate CompUSA.

Their advertising is deceptive.

They should not be allowed to advertise a price that REQUIRES you to sign up for AOL. It's simply outrageous.

My last experience was trying to purchase a PC they had advertised couple of months back for $299. It was a good deal, and a reasonable system. After calling two stores (their phone system is terrible), I finally got a hold of someone. I asked him about the deal and he told me this:

The system was 299 after rebates (before rebates it was over 500 bucks).

I needed to come down to the store to purchase it.

I needed to pay a delivery free (I think this was 80 bucks).

The computer would then be delivered to the store within a week.

I would need to come to the store to pickup my purchase.

I asked him that since I'm paying the delivery fee, can't I have it delivered to my home? His reply - No. The best (read worst) part is that the PC's are coming from their distribution warehouse (not from the manufacturer).

Needless to say, I didn't purchase the PC.

Erik

Items are currently in the process of being linked on the BF site, so if you need more info about something, most will be linked in the next hour or so :)

I'm also updating some of the titles with brand names, model #'s, etc... that weren't there before.

Yeah, I have to say, I looked at the prices for some things, and figured they were an ok price, but EVERYTHING I looked at had at least one rebate, and sometimes 2. That's just ridiculous, and one of the reasons I rarely shop at Comp USA anymore. In my opinion it really really borders on deceptive advertising. Too bad, otherwise I could be in line for their store at midnight.

this is why Ohio sued best buy cuz of the rebate stuff/deceptive practices