Toys R Us PA & PM!

momee2twins

I bought the drum set from TRU online for my son because we live in Deliverance where there aren't stores within 3 hours of us. Saw its $30 cheaper on BF. Only problem is that I'll be in Chicago BF then and won't have the item with me. If I take in my online receipt will they price match? Its not a huge deal because its almost worth the $30 to not have to schlep it home for a 15 hour drive, but would be nice if they would. Any ideas?

I thought their PA policy was similar to Target's, where it has to be within 14 days? Also, they may give you a hard time about adjusting because you bought it online...Wally World and I think Target, won't match their online prices...

TRU doesn't match their own online prices (most stores don't). They also exclude price adjusting on BF. Target is the only store that does it for BF.

Does anyone see on the ad if it says "Not valid on prior purchases"? I contacted Toys R Us corporate and found out they are doing price adjustments (as long as it doesn't say the above) AND holiday price matching! The text of the email response is below.

Thank you for contacting Toys "R" Us in regards to our Price Match Policy. If you purchase an item and within seven days find that there is a promotion lowering the price of the product, you are able to request a Price Match. Please bring your receipt along with the advertisement (you do not need to bring the actual item). Please make sure, that the promotion or coupon that lowers the price of the product, does not state "Not Valid on Prior Purchases".

In addition, we are also offering a temporary Holiday Price Match policy. Toys "R" Us will Price Match with competitor's advertisements. Simply bring a competitor's printed valid advertisement and we will match the Price for a product advertised at a lower price than our stores. This policy is effective until December 25th. The item must be present at the competitor store and the promotion must be active. If you have already purchased the item at Toys "R" Us and notice that a competitor advertisement offers the product for a lower price, we will refund the difference to you in the form of "R" Us merchandise credit. The "R" Us stores should be promoting this Holiday Price Match policy. Let us know if we can be of any further information or assistance. The promotion started on Week

41 and ends on December 25th. The exceptions to this policy are as follows:

o Diapers

o Food

o Formula

o Wipes

o HBA

o Grocery items (beverages, ice cream, snacks, and candy).

Thank you as well for your time in contacting us.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDeal

This may be a very silly question but I want to know if TRU will price-match other competitors BF ads on BF? I am torn between TRU and WM. The items I want most are at TRU but it would be great to get a few items from WM. I have two 24 hr WMs where I live and I am kind of nervous about doing BF there. TRU doesn't scare me lol? How do you do both of these store? Does anyone out there hit both? I intend on being in line for TRU BF at 1:30. So if I can't price-match go to Walmart and see if I can get in? I am scared of WM on BF lol. This is only my 2nd yr doing BF so I am sure there is an answer to my questions somewhere on the forums but I can't find it. So please forgive my ignorance. Thank you all!

Just found this post :) I called my local TRU and they told me that they would not price match anything but larger baby items like cribs..........no toys not even on BF??!! So are the TRU stores able to choose whether or not they pm anything at all or just some things if they want like baby items? I was hoping to get a yes from the store manager. She was very nice but didn't have the answer I was looking for.

Thanks I am definetely going to tomorrow! If they will pm then that will save me the trouble of going to WM. I definetely would like to do all my shopping at TRU this year. When I call them what could they do..... can I get them to provide me with something for BF as far as their pm policy? I'm not sure how to handle it once I have spoken with corporate and they of course reiterate what you just said...I don't want to be arguing with a manager or cashier on BF :) I'm sure the evening will be alot to begin with for them. I have had this problem at WM. They say their company policy is that you don't have to show them an ad to pm but I have had more than one cashier tell me I need it...........and thats just over something trivial like peanut butter lol. Thanks for the help I just really want BF to go off without a hitch ya know? It seems like not all employess get the new policy or certain stores do what they want as far as deciding to honor it. I really hate that,

Thanks I am definetely going to tomorrow! If they will pm then that will save me the trouble of going to WM. I definetely would like to do all my shopping at TRU this year. When I call them what could they do..... can I get them to provide me with something for BF as far as their pm policy? I'm not sure how to handle it once I have spoken with corporate and they of course reiterate what you just said...I don't want to be arguing with a manager or cashier on BF :) I'm sure the evening will be alot to begin with for them. I have had this problem at WM. They say their company policy is that you don't have to show them an ad to pm but I have had more than one cashier tell me I need it...........and thats just over something trivial like peanut butter lol. Thanks for the help I just really want BF to go off without a hitch ya know? It seems like not all employess get the new policy or certain stores do what they want as far as deciding to honor it. I really hate that,

If you want to private message me your email address I have no problem forwarding my email convo with corporate customer service. I am going into TRU tomorrow to have a polite chat with the manager. I printed out my email from corporate and I'm just going to ask if the information is correct. If there is any question or disagreement I'll nicely ask them to call corporate and double check. If everything checks out I'm going to write down the managers name on my email print out and have that in hand on Black Friday.

If you don't mind that would be great!!! I actually just called customer service and they told me they would price match like you said until December 25th but not on BF sale ads which is a huge bummer. It looks like even their customer service reps aren't on the same page :( He said he would forward my complaint along and make sure my store was educated about their policy on pm but we will see how that goes. just so frustrating. I pm all the time at WM and it can be smooth or frustrating depending on the cashier or manager. I really would love to pm on BF. I want the Imaginext Dragon Fortress and if I do my shopping at WM and pm there I will miss out because they no longer carry that specific Imaginext toy. So very frustrating. I am about to call back and see what the next rep says lol.....lets see if their story changes. I will pm you my email address. Thanks for all your help.:D