Official Black Friday Line Reports - Post Your Reports!

bigjimslade

15th out of 20 $198 laptops at WalMart in Norman, OK. One person behind me, so 4 more left. 8:30pm. Hope time moves quickly. Oh, and they've pulled all the lawn / camp chairs so people can't sit in them while they wait. Lol

I just drove by Walmart, wow is all I can say!!!! The parking lot is full, the side of the road is lined with cars and the mall parking lot across the street is completely full!!! We have the biggest Walmart in the U.S. and I have never seen it so packed. We also drove by Target and Toys R Us, Target had a line to the end of the building but not many cars in the parking lot. Toys R Us was sending people home because of safety issues. There was a huge line outside at 10pm and lots of people walking to their cars empty handed. I asked one lady about it and she said she was told they could not let more people inside because you couldn't move. They actually told her she should just leave because they are only going to let a few people in at a time for the rest of the night. Wow! I am so glad I did most of my shopping online :yup: although hubby is in Walmart right now lol Oh btw I am in Southern Illinois.

My husband just called, he said there isn't any type of a line for the big ticket items!! People are just gathered around the $299 desktop, tv's, laptop's ready to pounce lol Towels were flying in the air, movies swiped from the shelves in one swift scoop :eyepoppin Complete chaos :razz: He did get the computer chair I wanted and he is on his way home lol So glad I decided to do my shopping online!

I convinced my husband to take a ride with me just to look since I did all my shopping online this morning. We went to Michaels and that went well. Then to Walmart and it was horrible. I didn't need anything so we just looked for a bit. As we were leaving it sounded like a big fight broke out. When we got outside there were police, a firetruck, and an amublance. This was around 10:30 so the electronic sale hadn't even started yet. I think I'll stick with online. :D

I went to a local Wal-Mart around 10 tonight and was planning to buy one or more of the lower price TV's. I have never seen such a mess in a store in my life. People everywhere and all TV's were already spoken for. They gave out tickets to people earlier in the evening even though the sale didn't start till midnight. I have always enjoyed black Friday shopping however tonight was pathetic. I think the difference is the sale start time at midnight. 5:am seemed to attract fewer people at least in my areas. I also think Wal-Mart had much less inventory going into this years sale...

ok.....do you think its the earlier times or the economy? I mean, are there more NEW BF shoppers this year, do you think?

Probably both. I think the earlier times brought out a lot more people needing goods deals. Some people no matter the deal just can't/won't get up at 4 am to hit the stores.

I just got home from Target and Kohls. I got inline at target at 10pm and there were about 200 people in front of me. By the time the store opened there had to be close to 2000 peopl in line. I got everything I wanted and was out by 12:30. People were still waiting to get into the store. Kohls was insane. I finally said the heck with it. When I drove by walmart it was crazy. So was Best Buy and Old Navy.

Walmart was INSANE! We live in a small town (non supercenter) so Black Fridays are usually relatively calm. No one including the store manager could tell me where to wait for the kinect bundle (no system) so I ordered it from Amazon on my phone and waited it out for pillows and sheets. People were fighting pretty crazy over the little items :( I am no Black Friday newbie...it was pretty bad. But I got what I wanted :)

No problems tonight-very friendly people on the Westside of Cleveland. We went to Kohls first-got there around 11:55, the line moved fast and they only had 1 set of doors open-did not see anyone trying to cut in line. Picked up the Tablet for my son and a few other items, stood in line for about 20 minutes. We went to the car to unload our items and went to Target where I heard they only let in 30 at a time and would not let anyone else in until those who stood in line were all in. Spoke with the police officer there (who I know) and he said it was pretty calm. There were still tv's and iPods available, although I didn't purchase any. I liked the option of staying up late rather then getting up early to shop.

My brother went to one of the Walmarts near us, he was hoping for the Wii for 99.00, he was number 12 in that line but the manager originally said that they weren't available til Midnight so a couple of girls left. They decided to start at 10:00 afterall and he did get his Wii, the girls came back and ended up in the back, he said there were only 2 or 3 left so he's doubtful that they got one. He said it was crazy but not impossible to move around in but he was glad to get out of there...

I drove around between 11 and 12 as I was just leaving Thanksgiving and didn't plan on getting any doorbusters and I don't know that I agree with the above. The roads seemed busier to me (by a lot) but the lines were very controlled. At 11 I drove by a Best Buy with maybe 50 people in line. They had tickets so people could have left or gone to their cars but that seems like not that many to me. Other Best Buys had much longer lines but none really scandalized me. I waited longer on my first Black Friday (maybe 6 years ago?) at the same Best Buy and was way further back in line.

I drove by two Targets and those lines surprised me. The assessment of our little group is that it was a weak ad. I was going to pick up little things and was surprised that at both the lines wrapped around the building. The one I went into was very well-organized. They are truly working on crowd control and it was a pleasant experience. The 20 at a time worked (I kind of helped the security people by hanging back to create a new group, no rush here!). It was much easier to navigate the store and checkout was quick and painless. I didn't get into the store until 20 after opening but was out in less than 10 minutes.

I was also surprised by lines at stores I wouldn't have expected. A Carson's off the highway looked fairly packed. They had great coupons but I'm surprised that so many people made it their first stop. Kohl's had a line and a lot of people waiting in their cars at 11. I don't know if anyone told them that Kohl's has a website. After driving by a BB I knew would be packed, I was surprised that the Old Navy one parking lot down had at least 50 people in line at 11:30. Some interesting choices out there. Curious if anyone gets a peak at the 5-6 AM traffic. Somehow I think the people at the office supply stores are going to be confused by the number of people lined up. Anyone who missed a computer deal will likely be in line now.

I went to Old Navy first. I was number one in line. By the time the doors opened thete were probably 150+ people in line. I really wanted the camera for my son so I am happy. I was in and out quickly and as I was leaving I saw the manager was still holding people outside.

Just back from hhgregg, got the Asus Transformer tablet for 299.00, fifty dollars more than Best Buy but I got there around 11:40 for the 12:00 opening. They even priced matched 99.00 for the docking station. Now waiting for the next go around of openings at 5:30.

The guy behind me wanted the Asus also but they sold out. I loved wearing my GottaDeal t-shirt, although I don't know how funny he thought the "If you can read this, I probably got your doorbuster" was. LOL

The parking lot at our Wal Mart was packed. Heard several stories about horrible lines at Target. I remember a few years back I would show up at the 6:00 openings at 6:00, walk in and get everything I wanted. The wierdest crowd to me was at the mall. Our Belks is opening at 3:00 and at 11:30 there was already a long line waiting. I don't know what they could possibly have to wait 4 hours on?:confused:

Went to Walmart at 10. Got all the dvds and blu-rays that I wanted. Scored Battlefield 3 for Xbox, because I grabbed it from its normal spot and not the cardboard cube. It was crazy busy.

Then went to Target for 12. All I can say is wow. I have NEVER seen that many people in line for Target before.

Talked to my Mom on the phone, she and my sister witnessed 2 girls fighting at Shopko, of all places. Police tackled the girl to the ground.

I have been doing BF for over 10 years now and this has been by far the busiest I have seen it. The aggressiveness of people is also very disturbing.

The lines were totally insane! It took me 20 minutes just to find a parking spot for a plaza with Target and Kohls, finally made it into Kohls and the checkout line would have taken 2-3 hours at least not worth it. Target was insane didn't even consider going in there was still a line to get into the store at 1 am. If they continue to do the 12 am opening I will do all mine online. not worth going out in that mess!

Headed to Walmart first, got there about 7:30 and had no problem getting everything I wanted. We were like 6th in line for the trampoline/ping pong table stuff.

Went home and unloaded. Then went to target. The line was insane. Completely wrapped the whole building. I finally got in maybe 12:20 just to grab the scarves.

Then went to the mall. Younkers was also insane. I was in line for at least 30 minutes to check out. Got what I wanted there and at bath and body works and at build a bear. The next store I want Nebraska furniture mart opens at 6 so I'm killing time. Went to another target got some clothes now having coffee at McDonald's.

Everyone I encountered was nice. Employees were very helpful too.

. Our Belks is opening at 3:00 and at 11:30 there was already a long line waiting. I don't know what they could possibly have to wait 4 hours on?:confused:

I think it was the possibility old getting a $1000 gift card lol I got a 10 and my daughter got a 5 so I only spent 50 on 3 pairs of boots