Official Black Friday Line Reports - Post Your Reports!

bigjimslade

Just saw on the local news, people lines up at Best Buy in Beavercreek, Ohio already. I Guess they dont visit Gottadeal to see whats already available. The one lady they interviewed said she was waiting for the xbox, didnt I see that it is already at black friday prices or am I missing something special.

Just saw on the local news, people lines up at Best Buy in Beavercreek, Ohio already. I Guess they dont visit Gottadeal to see whats already available. The one lady they interviewed said she was waiting for the xbox, didnt I see that it is already at black friday prices or am I missing something special.

That's where my cousin lives! I should tell her to go check it out!

I understand all of this, camping for BF is not new to me, I do it every year but if the days people are willing to wait in line keep getting earlier by the year, before we know it you will need to be out there 3 months early .....

For what its worth dusty, I totally agree with you. BF used to be fun to get in line 5-6 hours before the store opened at 5-6am. Now people start lining up a week or two in advance and there is no way the average person can compete with that and it's a shame. I said before in another thread that I wish these stores wouldnt even let someone on the property after hours until the day before BF at a minimum. I could certainly use some of those doorbusters as well but the campers have just made that impossible. Now, I just go and enjoy the day later in the morning and get what deals I can. If there is something in particular I'm stoking out, I'll just keep an eye on sales and try to get the best deals I can any other day.

I'm sorry for your loss as well.

1 lone (and empty!) camp chair at Best Buy in Moore, OK this evening.

If I showed up and there was an empty chair and it remained empty for too long, I think I would become the first person in line, especially if I wasn't going anywhere or had friends to spell me. Seems to me using "furniture" as a placeholder is cheating....

In line. :) Rep. Can't wait for employee reactions in morning. I and someone else got here after hours.

Edit; bah, starting to get hot inside the tent. Stupid FL weather.

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w327/Klownicle/IMG_20111123_001845.jpg

Edited by Klownicle

4 tents and about 20 people in line at my local Best Buy in Central Florida. I spoke with them briefly and they been in line since early Tuesday morning. Most of them are buying all the doorbusters they can and selling them later. Their goal is $1500 profit per person. Sucks that everyone is camping for 2+ days to make a little $$ but it is what it is.

4 tents and about 20 people in line at my local Best Buy in Central Florida. I spoke with them briefly and they been in line since early Tuesday morning. Most of them are buying all the doorbusters they can and selling them later. Their goal is $1500 profit per person. Sucks that everyone is camping for 2+ days to make a little $$ but it is what it is.

Good luck with that. Might net about 30$ per item not including the TV. Assuming they go eBay. And if they do Craigslist won't net a quick profit.

Hope they fail.

Good luck with that. Might net about 30$ per item not including the TV. Assuming they go eBay. And if they do Craigslist won't net a quick profit.

Hope they fail.

I hope they fail as well. Makes it hard for the working person to get in on a deal if you have to miss work to do it. I know lots are out of work and need to make money for the holidays but....