Official Black Friday Line Reports - Post Your Reports!

bigjimslade

Post your line reports here!

Also when you before you leave to get in line please check out here and tell us where you are going.

--------------------------------------

Well it looks like St. Petersburg, Florida is in the news again. Tito Hernandez is the new FL Lady!

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/220880/8/First-in-line-for-Black-Friday-deals-at-Best-Buy

Edited by bigjimslade
changed title

Didn't they end up giving the ladies ipads or something like that because they were there first and for so long.

I wonder if this person is hoping for the same. Nothing is worth waiting in line that long and wasting that time that could be spent with family.

I was in my local Best Buy today, and I got the manager on me within the first few minutes after taking stock takes with my Smartphone. She talked to me off the record and said that there were conflicting stories on the validity of the ad, and then she asked when i was going to set up camp. Apparently, they must have been on the lookout since the Tampa Guy set up his tent. I told her that I could not tell her the exact time, but it would be soon.

I was in my local Best Buy today, and I got the manager on me within the first few minutes after taking stock takes with my Smartphone. She talked to me off the record and said that there were conflicting stories on the validity of the ad, and then she asked when i was going to set up camp. Apparently, they must have been on the lookout since the Tampa Guy set up his tent. I told her that I could not tell her the exact time, but it would be soon.

The ad is REAL, if you go on the Door-buster page on Best Buy's website. The front page (which is shown by the man holding the ad) matches identically. There is no doubt in my mind this ad is real. The only question is if there will be a secret sale.

Considering there already mentioning a online only deal with no price and already have a 179$ laptop. I think its useless to think otherwise. Keep in mind, every previous year it was stated to check back Thanksgiving Day for more deals. This is absent from this year.

Just think they already have;

149$ Netbook

179$ Laptop

199$ 42in TV

79$ 24in TV

189$ 7in Tablet

249$ 10in Tablet

Typical Xbox/PS3 deals, and cheap blurays. What more is there?

I think what we see is what we get. They already know there are the Top Dog in the sea of ads. Why do more when they don't have to. There hasn't been a peep of better deals coming from Walmart. Thats for sure.

The ad is REAL, if you go on the Door-buster page on Best Buy's website. The front page (which is shown by the man holding the ad) matches identically. There is no doubt in my mind this ad is real. The only question is if there will be a secret sale.

Considering there already mentioning a online only deal with no price and already have a 179$ laptop. I think its useless to think otherwise. Keep in mind, every previous year it was stated to check back Thanksgiving Day for more deals. This is absent from this year.

I think what we see is what we get. They already know there are the Top Dog in the sea of ads. Why do more when they don't have to. There hasn't been a peep of better deals coming from Walmart. Thats for sure.

Agreed. I just checked my phone, and the entire conversation was recorded! I had assumed that the pause button was working, but it kept on recording. I truly believe that the store managers do not have a clue (have not been briefed, and kept mum otherwise) and need to check their online component from time to time.

Hey Klown, Isn't that Best Buy right on the other side of the bay from you?

Agreed. I just checked my phone, and the entire conversation was recorded! I had assumed that the pause button was working, but it kept on recording. I truly believe that the store managers do not have a clue (have not been briefed, and kept mum otherwise) and need to check their online component from time to time.

Hey Klown, Isn't that Best Buy right on the other side of the bay from you?

There are 3 Best Buys in my 15minute radius from my House. I'm about less then a hour from the St Pete store :). I'll be at my local Best Buy again this year camping out.

There are 3 Best Buys in my 15minute radius from my House. I'm about less then a hour from the St Pete store :). I'll be at my local Best Buy again this year camping out.

LOL...I thought that was your store.

I think BB did themselves a dis-service by gifting that woman last year and are encouraging these ppl, hopefully they'll nip it then bud this year and this won't be a recurring thing. There's always gotta be someone making Floridians look bad nationally:P

LOL...I thought that was your store.

I think BB did themselves a dis-service by gifting that woman last year and are encouraging these ppl, hopefully they'll nip it then bud this year and this won't be a recurring thing. There's always gotta be someone making Floridians look bad nationally:P

Ive never been interviewed and the one year it happened I wasn't first LOL. That was the year I became hardcore :smart:

You guys are soo far from me :( You're all on the east coast of FL, im on the Gulf.

what do they expect? a sleeping bag on hard concrete?:P A little cushioning is nice. I daresay even our medieval hay stuffed mats would be better than a plain sleeping bag.

I've never been able to sleep in the tent. I sleep in the car. And usually they are power naps. :tired: I don't want people stealing my stuff :eek:

I might wanna go interview of this so called "Tito" before I leave town with my GottaDeal t-shirt and have someone else record the whole thing. Should I do it? I mean if we get any attention at least the logo on the site will be there to represent!! Take my DSLR camera and make it look a little bit professional last year riven3d went to go take pictures of the free ipads lady who was outside of the best buy. :P

I need input!

I might wanna go interview of this so called "Tito" before I leave town with my GottaDeal t-shirt and have someone else record the whole thing. Should I do it? I mean if we get any attention at least the logo on the site will be there to represent!! Take my DSLR camera and make it look a little bit professional last year riven3d went to go take pictures of the free ipads lady who was outside of the best buy. :P

I need input!

I think any line publicity is cool.

I also find it cool theres alot of gottadealers in the tampa area. Better that there not in my area thoe :yup: