Layaway OPEN on BF!!!!

mtsuboy

I went to go talk to our manager today but he was not in. So I asked the person that works layaway. They said that they are not going to allow BF items (10 pm & midnight stuff) to be put on layaway. I am going back to talk to the manager when he is in to find out for sure. Our Walmart is always the last to know everything though so I am not counting on the employee to know for sure..lol.

If I talk to him and he says no, then I am going to tell him that I am sorry they are losing some of my business. I will have to go to Kmart since they allow layaway that day!

I went to go talk to our manager today but he was not in. So I asked the person that works layaway. They said that they are not going to allow BF items (10 pm & midnight stuff) to be put on layaway. I am going back to talk to the manager when he is in to find out for sure. Our Walmart is always the last to know everything though so I am not counting on the employee to know for sure..lol.

If I talk to him and he says no, then I am going to tell him that I am sorry they are losing some of my business. I will have to go to Kmart since they allow layaway that day!

I just read this on the Walmart Facebook page:

Layaway can be used for items that are part of the 8 a.m. special savings event. The limited time or “while supplies last” 10 p.m. and midnight event items will not be eligible for layaway prior to 8 a.m. See details at http://bit.ly/otp6A6.

Layaway can be used for items that are part of the 8 a.m. special savings event. The limited time or while supplies last 10 p.m. and midnight event items will not be eligible for layaway prior to 8 a.m. See details at http://bit.ly/otp6A6.

Starbeck actually already posted this. I think most of us are wondering if we could still layaway ticketed items by that are available earlier. A lot of people wouldn't mind having the item in their cart while they wait but they don't usually let you walk around with those items before paying.

Layaway can be used for items that are part of the 8 a.m. special savings event. The limited time or “while supplies last” 10 p.m. and midnight event items will not be eligible for layaway prior to 8 a.m. See details at http://bit.ly/otp6A6.

See that is what makes it confusing. I knew that the 8 am stuff would be available but what the stuff at 10 and midnight. It doesn't say that you can't put it on layaway, it just says that you can't put it on layway before 8 am. But they told me that you couldn't do it all.. UGH!!! I wish they would know for sure. I think that I am going to print it and take it to the manager and point out that it how it reads! Because the way it is worded you can put it on layaway but you just have to wait until 8.

In our store meeting today I asked about Layaway for the 10pm and midnight doorbusters. I was told that if customers wanted to put the 10pm and midnight blitz items in their cart and wait for the 8AM layaway opening, that was OK. Be aware this is what the store I work at is doing so check with your local store. I know I wouldn't want to wait 10 hours but some people may not care.

Ok. They have changed their wording online. Here is what it says now

"Layaway will be available on Friday, Nov. 25. starting at 8:00 am. Items included in the "limited time" or "while supplies last" 10 PM and midnight events will not be eligible for layaway during those time event."

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Layway/1088466

I'm not doing Layaway, but have a question. Let's say you did decide to put it in the cart and hang out for 10 hours. Doesn't the price in the system automatically change at 8:00? So, would you even be able to get the "deal" if you waited? I know a few weeks ago I bought the razor pocket mod. It was 40 dollars off until Sunday. I went on Sunday afternoon and they were out. i went back again at about midnight and they had just got a shipment in. As I was checking out the clock struck midnight and the price changed on the system. Fortunately, the manager was there and adjusted it for me.

I'm not doing Layaway, but have a question. Let's say you did decide to put it in the cart and hang out for 10 hours. Doesn't the price in the system automatically change at 8:00? So, would you even be able to get the "deal" if you waited? I know a few weeks ago I bought the razor pocket mod. It was 40 dollars off until Sunday. I went on Sunday afternoon and they were out. i went back again at about midnight and they had just got a shipment in. As I was checking out the clock struck midnight and the price changed on the system. Fortunately, the manager was there and adjusted it for me.

That'll only happen if the prices say they're only good from until 8 AM. Prices for doorbusters on BF are usually good until 12 PM or even closing.

That'll only happen if the prices say they're only good from until 8 AM. Prices for doorbusters on BF are usually good until 12 PM or even closing.

That is what I was going to say.

I did get bad news though. I talked to our manager and at our Walmart they are not going to allow you to hold things in your cart or anything like that. You can only put it on layaway if there are items left... :(

I told him well then I'm sorry but I am going to have to go to Kmart to get some of my stuff. I told him I don't have 800.00 cash to spend right at this moment. I told him that I had much rather do business in our town but since they won't allow us to put it on layaway I don't have a choice.

don't know how to get pic loaded but my walmart has signs up all over....no event items can go on layway

Call 1-800-WALMART. Layaway will open at 8AM your local time and event merchandise (toys and electronics) is supposed to be eligible. This is posted on the company's corporate intranet.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5136/37687710150421396734559.jpg

And heard from Lady I met while waiting in line that when they asked if that meant it just wasnt open yet they were told that ALL event items must be paid for before 8am when Layway would open making it impossible to layway any of the items.

opps forgot to add we werent planning on layway...knew it would would a mess with various stores reading it how they wanted too but knew it was a topic onhere....had hoped to figure out how to upload a pic from phone to kindle to GD but that was beyond my limited intelligence by this point LOL

BUt the ad was printed before Walmart decided to allow layaway to open BF.

Our manager told us that anything that was leftover after 8 AM could be put on layaway but we could not walk around with it in our buggies. BUt when I was checking out I noticed people walking around with the Xbox and PS3. If I would have known that, I would have just went ahead and got in line and got one and then waited around utnil 8 AM. I know that you had to pay for cameras in electronics, though.