Layaway OPEN on BF!!!!

mtsuboy

for the last few months I have heard many times that stores are not going to be stocking as many items as they have in past years....if this is true layaway is a good way to make sure you get that toy your kids really wants so the week before christmas you are not going to every store to find it.

If you get another paycheck or two by that date then it makes perfect sense to put it a larger item or more stuff on layaway.

Didn't think about it that way. I get paid on the 10th and 25th, so there is only one paycheck in between! I didn't think about those who may get a bonus or paid weekly! I put my stuff on layaway the first day and just divided up the total for each paycheck. I am happy Walmart brought back layaway this year!

Still be wary about layaway and BF items. I was picking up a STS the other day and saw a woman putting stuff on layaway. She had a set Cars toys that she couldn't put on layaway because they didn't scan in the right department (toys). ??? I just suggest having a back-up plan. :)

eta: And it was over the $15 limit.

If you go in Thanksgiving night for the 10PM and Friday midnight doorbusters you will have to wait until layaway opens at 8AM to put those items on Layaway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but to get the doorbuster price don't you have to pay for the item in a specified amount of time? Generally about 6 hours? The sales are normally 5-11, so now they're 10-4? And 12-6? I haven't really seen anywhere how long the earlybird pricing lasts. Won't some of the prices expire before 8am?

I work for Walmart. BF items will be eligibel for layaway when it opens Friday morning at 8AM.

I think it is going to depend on the store. I asked in my store today and they told me that BF items would not be eligible. I really wish they would allow us to put it on layaway bc it would save me atrip to Kmart (an hour away)..

I think it is going to depend on the store. I asked in my store today and they told me that BF items would not be eligible. I really wish they would allow us to put it on layaway bc it would save me atrip to Kmart (an hour away)..

If you spoke to THE store manager call 1-800-WAL-MART. Company direction (for ALL stores in the U.S.) is that BF items WILL be eligible for layaway when layaway opens at 8AM BF morning. If anyone else is being told no, call the Home Office, tell them to communicate to the local manager that they are misinformed. Unfortunately, there are some "rogue" managers in the company. Trust me. You WILL get results.

It's also possible the news hasn't filtered down since it seems this is a recent change.

It's also possible the news hasn't filtered down since it seems this is a recent change.

It is very possible that it hasn't even gotten to our store yet...lol. Our store always seems to be the last to know since it is such a small store.

How would they work out things like the Xbox and PS3. Those go on sale at 10 pm and you usually are not allowed to walk around in the store with those. I am just curious how that would work.

Easier now that sounds like a ploy from a credit card company. In our household credit cards are the equivalent to the devil. Third time paying off the boogers. There will not be another in our household period.

Now I don't plan on using layaway but I can understand where some would want to use it.

Wow, I'm shocked at some of the posts. We only use a credit card, plus we benefit from the cash back rewards. But we pay it off EVERY month, have never gone over. I can't imagine people that are so eager to find deals would ever consider paying interest on a credit card. We follow a budget so we know when to stop spending so it's never a problem. If you don't have a credit card then how do you have good credit? If you don't have the money to buy something on BF or any day for that matter then maybe those people should not be shopping... just my opinion.

Here's another interesting question. Last year, for the large items (TVs), you had to get a ticket at 4 AM (or whatever time the sale started -- I can't remember), go pay for it immediately, then go pick up your TV in the tire/lube section bay outside. How would that work for layaway?

Yikes. Ok, I have good credit and don't use a credit card... I, of course, had a couple to establish my credit and promptly cut and tossed after a reasonable amount of time. You dont need a credit card to have good credit... There are other lines of "credit" out there that don't require a monthly purchase of non necessity items to keep your credit in good standing. Thats great that you and your family are great at budgeting and are strict on spending... Not everyone is so disciplined. It sounds like you are fortunate enough to buy what you need for Christmas for your loved ones and don't have much of a concern about how its going to get paid for. Well not everyone is that fortunate. Some people don't have a considerable amount extra to spend on the holidays. That's why they do things like layaway. To say somebody shouldn't shop for Christmas because they're not as fortunate to pay all up front is really out of line. Everyone's situation is different.

I agree and it makes me both sad and angry that ppl post things like this. I use layaway, I live paycheck to paycheck. I work very hard as a teacher and have been blessed to adopt 7 children. They are never hungry, they dress nicely, we live in a nice home and to say I shouldn't shop for Christmas is just ridiculous and very insensitive. glad you are so blessed. But you know what? I am blessed as well and think that layaway is a blessing. No I won't be using layaway on BF but in years passed I have stood in the line for an hour or more to place things in layaway on BF and paid it off three weeks later when we got paid again. It was quite a blessing to be able to budget my money that way.

Sorry you are taking my post the wrong way. All I am saying is that some people can't control their spending and should reconsider their purchases or over purchasing. I'm not bashing anyone for using layaway or for buying Christmas presents when they are living pay check to pay check. I'm thinking of the consumers that can't control their shopping and end up in trouble b/c they buy things they don't need only b/c it's on sale. I'm very sorry that my post was taken the wrong way and please know that I'm not trying to offend anyone and I'm truly sorry if I did.

I used to love layaway also. WHen they stopped having it, I went to christmas clubs. All the banks here have christmas clubs. I put 25.00 out of each paycheck in one. If it's a low week I skip it. I had over 800 in my club the past 2 years. It pays for the big ticket items my kids want and I'm not locked into buying it in one day and trying to pay for it in a week. Christmas clubs are really a good idea.

I agree and it makes me both sad and angry that ppl post things like this. I use layaway, I live paycheck to paycheck. I work very hard as a teacher and have been blessed to adopt 7 children. They are never hungry, they dress nicely, we live in a nice home and to say I shouldn't shop for Christmas is just ridiculous and very insensitive. glad you are so blessed. But you know what? I am blessed as well and think that layaway is a blessing. No I won't be using layaway on BF but in years passed I have stood in the line for an hour or more to place things in layaway on BF and paid it off three weeks later when we got paid again. It was quite a blessing to be able to budget my money that way.

So we know now that layaway will be open on BF and that must mean you can pick up items as well as put them in layaway. When I placed a couple of items in layaway this week I was told that if the item goes on sale I can come in during the sale time and get the items out of layaway and the computer will automatically adjust the item to the sale price. Does these mean for the items they do not put a specific BF only upc on I could put them in layaway now, go in when layaway opens and get them out at the BF price? My store also told me that they have completely thrown out the electronics and toys only thing for layaway so they will accept just about anything at my store. Just a thought. What do you all think?

So we know now that layaway will be open on BF and that must mean you can pick up items as well as put them in layaway. When I placed a couple of items in layaway this week I was told that if the item goes on sale I can come in during the sale time and get the items out of layaway and the computer will automatically adjust the item to the sale price. Does these mean for the items they do not put a specific BF only upc on I could put them in layaway now, go in when layaway opens and get them out at the BF price? My store also told me that they have completely thrown out the electronics and toys only thing for layaway so they will accept just about anything at my store. Just a thought. What do you all think?

This would be great. I am going in to talk to my layaway department again. Maybe they know something more now. I still am very doubtful that we can put some stuff in the ad on layaway, such as the Xbox 360 and PS3, since you are not usually allowed to walk around the store with them.

I just looked at Walmart on Facebook. Someone had asked about layaway BF. They confirmed that it will be open BF at 8:00 with exclusions. Here are their comments.

Layaway is now available on Fri, Nov 25 starting at 8am in most states and can be used for items that are part of the 8am special savings event. The limited time or “while supplies last” 10 p.m. and midnight event items will not be eligible for layaway prior to 8 a.m. See details at http://bit.ly/otp6A6.

So, if you are wanting something before 8 it may not happen. I wonder if you could buy it and then take it back and rebuy it to put on layaway?? lol..

call the walmart you are planning on going to. I did and the manager said that i could put the black friday items on layaway. the problem im having is i want the xbox with kinect and they are not opening til 4am but layaway starts at 8am. Do i really want to spend an extra 4 hours at a dang store? this would be the only way my kiddos could get the xbox for christmas.

call the walmart you are planning on going to. I did and the manager said that i could put the black friday items on layaway. the problem im having is i want the xbox with kinect and they are not opening til 4am but layaway starts at 8am. Do i really want to spend an extra 4 hours at a dang store? this would be the only way my kiddos could get the xbox for christmas.

So you are going to be able to wonder around the store with the Xbox in your cart? I was hoping to be able to get the PS3, the cameras at 12 and a trampoline. I know I can't put the trampoline on layaway but the rest I could. This would really help me out so I wouldn't have to go to Kmart to do a layaway for the PS3.

I've got to go to town tomorrow anyway, so I may run in there and ask our manager and pray that they are going to allow it also. This would help me hide my gifts for a little longer and to help me out BF since there were some things I was not going to be able to get if I had to pay cash for it BF.

I would think that if you wanted to place something on layaway that's normally locked up, such as an XBox, you would be given a ticket or voucher to use when you come in to put the item on layaway at 8AM. At my store we are having a meeting tomorrow on BF plans (Q lines, etc). I will check and see how my store is going to do this and post. Remember, your store may do things different.

I would think that if you wanted to place something on layaway that's normally locked up, such as an XBox, you would be given a ticket or voucher to use when you come in to put the item on layaway at 8AM. At my store we are having a meeting tomorrow on BF plans (Q lines, etc). I will check and see how my store is going to do this and post. Remember, your store may do things different.

Thank you!