Webcast Survey and a Big Thank You!

bigjimslade

In my own defense, I did demo the Easy bake oven live on the show. Over half of the show was dedicated to current toys in the marketplace and i was taking suggestions and feedback from viewers as well. I had also set up a toy talk thread, but not a soul responded with a question, nor did they come up with any alternatives to what I had originally come up with. The cost involved to set up demonstrations without hearing what viewers want is prohibitive at best. I do not believe it was a stretch to ask some people who are hurting financially to think outside the box for the first half of the show. It was aimed to help them save, while still giving their children a semblance of a happy holiday. If your situation is more fortunate than others, I am glad for you. I had planned two other shows which would have been more to your tastes. Unfortunately, I was only given this one time to do a show, until needed at a future date.

That is fine. Simply stating my opinion because that is what was asked.

A few more thoughts:

1. I wonder if it would be possible to have two chat text screens running, one only for questions to Big Jim so he could see them, and another for other chat mainly between the viewers.

2. Might be nice if you could sometimes switch to split screen with live video of yourself in the corner and share part of your desktop on the main screen, to pull up ads or any other images you want to share. This is common in business web casting.

3. Put a light on your face--it gets a bit dim when your monitor goes to a darker screen and puts out less light to illuminate you.

Great job and I look forward to some chats from the line!

It was nice to see things from Bigjim's side of the fence. The problem I had with the focus going in and out was an auto-focus feature turned on by default. That is now corrected. When you do not have predetermined questions, it is rather difficult to pick questions out of a scrolling lineup! One part of my room that most did not see was the 106 inch HD screen that is run by a computer and projector. Now that the auto-focus feature is not a problem, it may be of use if another Webcast is called for.

That is fine. Simply stating my opinion because that is what was asked.

Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate constructive criticism, it helps to make for a better experience for all. The reason why I volunteer my time on this site is because I have found the people on here to be the most open, honest and helpful of all the forums.

I was hoping for a part II for the toy webcast. I was able to get my questions answered and got a few great ideas for gifts for kids in Japan and Russia as I needed a toy that would require no language skills and is fun. :)

If they ask, I will gladly try to make it happen. They have until my departure for the line for this to happen. After that, I could be available on the line if needed. You would have to stay tuned as usual and submit questions for better service to you.

• 2 weeks later...

The last webcast for 2011 ended a few hours ago and now I am sad they are over for the 2011 Black Friday season.

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU for supporting our webcasts over the last two years. When I went to Brad last year and asked if I can start them he said OK and give me the 100% support. I did not know if anyone would watch or even see value in them. Each week it takes about 5 hours to prepare for the webcasts and then it takes alot of energy to do them for 2 hours or so. But all of the time and the webcasts have paid off and I hope they have helped everyone in one way or other.

The webcasts will come back for Black Friday 2012. Please leave your comments and ideas. Again thank you for allowing GottaDeal.com to come into your homes.