Online Ordering for Black Friday - Have questions? Read this thread first!

Brad

I know the iTunes card from Best Buy was online last year...my advice is get one in your shopping cart NOW if you have an account so if that's what you want, all you have to do is check out next week. The $100 iTunes has a limit of one (I experimented yesterday with it) online.

I am anxious to find out what is online since there will be no in person shopping for me at Target (never have shopped at Best Buy in person on BF...just online).

I know I have placed things in my cart prior to BF and when the actual sale started, it was removed from my cart...:yuck: Now saying that, I am still doing it again this year :yup: in the event it does manage to remain there...:g_thumble

I've done BF online for the last 2 years and was overall very happy with my experiences, but it's definitely hit or miss, just as in the stores. You need to have relatively fast internet, check regularly to see when sales go live (time zones cause confusion, and often the website doesn't get updated when they say it will), and be patient! It's also important to remember that hot doorbusters go FAST, same as they do in the store. Be realistic in your expectations.

An update on online-related stuff:

First, we have an article with a few tips posted here: http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/OnlineTips

Next, our Online Black Friday tracker will officially launch over the weekend, although it's up and running already (link is in the article I just mentioned)

Finally, the Online Black Friday sub-forum will open over the weekend as well.

So within 48 hours, we'll be officially ready for the online sales to start next week. There will also be plenty of online-related talk during tomorrow's webcast.