Online Ordering for Black Friday - Have questions? Read this thread first!

Brad

We know a lot of you are looking to order Black Friday ad items online this year.

We will have all of that stuff thoroughly covered and links posted all over the site. Trust me - you won't miss it. We'll have a schedule of when each store is supposed to go online with their sale. We'll have details of the online-only retailers' Black Friday sales. Once the sales start, we'll let you know which ad items you can buy right now at the BF ad prices.

But here's the thing - it's still VERY early in the process. This stuff won't launch until next weekend, so all the questions you have (like "can I buy this item online?" and "what time does this store's online sale start?") can't really be answered yet. We won't be sent details until next week at the earliest, so for now, all the info we have is what is printed in the actual BF ads.

So I ask that you be patient. We'll have the answers you need, just not until BF gets a little closer.

If you have any questions about online BF shopping that we can answer now, feel free to post in this thread.

Forgot to also mention that we'll be opening our dedicated "Online Black Friday Sales" sub-forum next weekend as well, so you'll have an entire forum to discuss this stuff in. Like I said, you won't miss a thing - just keep checking the BF site and the forum.

I'm so nervous to BF shop online...last year my brother and I were trying to get a few things from TRU when the sale started (I think it was 10 p.m. last year? Don't remember.) and as quick as we were, every time we tried to check out our cart would empty and the items would sell out. It was horrible! We glanced at each other and put our shoes on, headed out to WM and ended up getting a decent amount of what we were looking for. But now I'm so nervous to try online shopping on BF! What did we do wrong??

I'm so nervous to BF shop online...last year my brother and I were trying to get a few things from TRU when the sale started (I think it was 10 p.m. last year? Don't remember.) and as quick as we were, every time we tried to check out our cart would empty and the items would sell out. It was horrible! We glanced at each other and put our shoes on, headed out to WM and ended up getting a decent amount of what we were looking for. But now I'm so nervous to try online shopping on BF! What did we do wrong??

You didn't do anything wrong. A lot of people just don't want to deal with the crowds and cold on BF, and would rather shop at home. Your local store will probably have what, 1000 people AT MOST through the sale hours? Online it's probably a million or more? At the same time! It's not easy!

Forgot to also mention that we'll be opening our dedicated "Online Black Friday Sales" sub-forum next weekend as well, so you'll have an entire forum to discuss this stuff in. Like I said, you won't miss a thing - just keep checking the BF site and the forum.

That is an awesome idea. Thank you very much!

Thanks for this. I am looking forward to checking out the online opportunities.

Note on the Cameras Comparison Chart, I included cameras that the ads said were "Online Only" (in addition to those that are both in-store and on-line), even though they are not included in the Gottadeal BF item listings. There is a note indicating which ones are Online Only.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but didn't they have some online sales on Thanksgiving Day last year. Just wondering with the early openings for Brick and Mortar stores, if said stores will start online sales in conjunction with store openings. This is driving me crazy. Mined you I don't mind getting deals earlier, but it's a matter of not wanting to be out early for Brick and Mortar sales and miss online sale start times. No, I don't have a Smart phone. Plus, it will be difficult enough doing early Brick and mortar shopping with the masses and trying to shop on a Smart phone. Unless, you are waiting in checkout line or something. Thoughts!

1- Is it possible to EASILY order the online specials using a SMARTPHONE? It is the first year of me having one, and I just know how the online thing can go, with the wait, wait, wait/sold out, or websites crashing scenario, wondering if maybe I should simultaneously try to check on pc and smartphone for deals??

2-And if I do use the phone, is there apps or something that make it easier?

THANKS for DOING THIS EVERY YEAR!

Looking forward to this section once this goes up next week. i want to be at walmart or target thursday night but i need some things from tru but our tru is the only one close enough in our area that people line up there during the day on thursday and it is unreal to get in it unless i plan on getting there at 7am thursday morning which i dont so, i plan on trying to get some of there ad deals online when it goes live ....

1- Is it possible to EASILY order the online specials using a SMARTPHONE? It is the first year of me having one, and I just know how the online thing can go, with the wait, wait, wait/sold out, or websites crashing scenario, wondering if maybe I should simultaneously try to check on pc and smartphone for deals??

I tried ordering from my iPhone last year, and didn't get anything (I was standing in line for another store). I would suggest at least having a back up plan if you are trying to do it from a smart phone. The items were gone before my phone could finish the transaction.

I'm in the same boat as you are (first year having a smartphone) and I started this thread: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?236072-Apps-which-ones-do-I-need-this-BF-Holiday-Season

Check it out :)

Little FYI Amazon mathces alot of TRU sales prices online as well.Maybe nt same day or at same time but they will.I have to say alot of my kids i want items are bought from amazon.They are always having lightning deals at very good prices.And again those deals do get posted here but the WONDERFUL Gotta Deal ppl.

Correct me, if I'm wrong, but didn't they have some online sales on Thanksgiving Day last year. Just wondering with the early openings for Brick and Mortar stores, if said stores will start online sales in conjunction with store openings. This is driving me crazy. Mined you I don't mind getting deals earlier, but it's a matter of not wanting to be out early for Brick and Mortar sales and miss online sale start times. No, I don't have a Smart phone. Plus, it will be difficult enough doing early Brick and mortar shopping with the masses and trying to shop on a Smart phone. Unless, you are waiting in checkout line or something. Thoughts!

I only get my electronics online and yes Best Buy usually starts their sale on Thanksgiving, some time between Midnight and 6 a.m. The year I got my laptop I was able to order the one I wanted from them around 3 p.m. take a nap and then head to the outlet stores. Last year when I got my GPS they were having site issues and I tried to get it at midnight but it was not updating. Went to bed and woke up to get it at 8 a.m.

I tried my iPhone to purchase from BB last year with no luck. It kept locking up. I was up all night to purchase the Nooks from them, talking to reps. I finally got a great rep that said he would call as soon as they went live - He actually did! Wish I remembered his name for this year, lol.

I am hoping for better luck this year!

Thanks again Gotta Deal! Even DH is coming around now that you have made it easier!

Online BF Shopping Tip : Update your online accounts at each store you plan on shopping at online BEFORE hand (you could do that THIS week even), make sure you update your email address, mailing address, phone number, and if you want some even maintain your credit card info if you want.

What other tips do you all have for Online BF Shopping?

Online BF Shopping Tip : Update your online accounts at each store you plan on shopping at online BEFORE hand (you could do that THIS week even), make sure you update your email address, mailing address, phone number, and if you want some even maintain your credit card info if you want.

What other tips do you all have for Online BF Shopping?

I definitely learned this the hard way last year. I was on Targets website ordering up a storm and had moved two years ago. Well , my old address was still in the data base with my new address. Guess where everything I ordered from there went. You guessed it. The old address. After waiting for my stuff to arrived ....days later, I checked my account and discovered the error. No there is a partial happy ending. I did not get the items I ordered, but Target did refund my money. They could not change the address in their system for whatever frustrating reason and they could only refund once it shipped. SMH and cricket. So, the people that bought my house at old address had a merry christmas. Updating info for all my websites this weekend.

Very good points.

I made sure I am actually REGISTERED and all my info is at the actual site I will shop at.

I might visit a site,but not actually register there but with so many perks (free shipping with no minimum purchase for example).

I want to make sure I'm good to go so I can get in on any deal next weekend.

It would stink to lose out on a deal,just because I had to take the time to enter all my info.

Oh! My memory is working (thought of this tip earlier)

Online BF Shopping Tip : GottaDeal.com Online Coupon Directory - linked

* Bookmark that

* Shortly before the sale, double check for any new coupon codes for the stores you are shopping online at (maybe the night/day before or an hour or two)

* Do know, sometimes with special sales, coupon codes will invalidate special sale prices - there's no way of knowing which stores for sure - just pay attention to your shopping cart totals

* First, try clicking on the coupon code, it should copy it to your computer and be able to be pasted into the store's website code section. If that doesn't work, try copying & pasting it. Still no luck, type it in, EXACTLY as it is listed (alot of times codes may not work if you don't type them in all caps or all lowercase, whichever the case). Make sure there is NO EXTRA SPACES - this also sometimes makes you think the code doesn't work.

Will you know before BF what items will be online for sale?And when they will be put online?Or do we just have to wait and see?BTW cant wait for 2nights webcast...:gdthums:

No, you won't know which items. You might have a good idea if the ad says "also available online" or something like that, but even that isn't any kind of guarantee as they might have 2 in stock that sell out in 3 seconds. We know which stores typically but most of their ad online, but for individual items, there is no way to be 100% certain.

As for times, we're making a schedule. It's tough to get responses and very few ads actually mention a time or time zone, but we're working on it. Give it a few more days and we'll officially release something.

I know the iTunes card from Best Buy was online last year...my advice is get one in your shopping cart NOW if you have an account so if that's what you want, all you have to do is check out next week. The $100 iTunes has a limit of one (I experimented yesterday with it) online.

I am anxious to find out what is online since there will be no in person shopping for me at Target (never have shopped at Best Buy in person on BF...just online).