I need your Pillow Pet opinions please.

jakesmommy403

My girls have a ton of them, they love them :) My youngest is the most attached to hers. The cheapest Ive found them where at Costco for $16. the teeny ones I saw in a couple black friday ads I think are little keychains though. We have one of the smaller ones & we keep it in the car incase we are out and my yougest falls asleep it works well in a shopping cart lol

Hehehe! On the forum page this thread just says "I need your pillow pet." Well, you can't have 'em!

They are not 'The World's Greatest Toy' and, yes, they are a bit pricey for pillows. But I'm sure you can find them for less than $20 and I think they are worth it, especially if they are on your kid's list.

My kids asked for them last year. DD7 wanted it the most and was disappointed when she thought she didn't get one. (It came from her aunt, who we celebrated with on New Year's). Last Feb. we did a purge (The pillow pets went into storage with a bunch of other toys. The kids earn them back with good deeds) and all 3 kids "bought" their pillow pets, even though there are still plenty of other toys great toys to choose from. They don't get played with much, but they are always on the beds and the kids use them as pillows. The kids are camping out down in the living room right now and the 1 pillow they each brought with is thier pet. They are super soft, sturdy, and great for road trips.

My 5 year old daughter got one for Christmas last year. She loves hers. We took it on vacation with us. She sleeps on it every night. I would love to have one too. They are so comfortable..lol. Very soft.

I would not order it online though. AS others have said they are available everywhere and you would save on shipping charges.

Hehehe! On the forum page this thread just says "I need your pillow pet." Well, you can't have 'em!

GIVE ME ALL YOUR PILLOW PETS!!!! Haha

I really appreciate your opinions. I think I'll go ahead and get them pillow pets...that horse one would be cute for my DS2 (he looooves horses) and DS7 specifically asked for a dinosaur pillow pet. I was just afraid it would be one of those things where $40 later no one even looks at their pillow pets, you know? But it sounds like your kids love them for the most part. :)

free shipping back up, copy/pasted from online forums post

Once again, CollectionsEtc. is offering FREE shipping on any order (no minimum) now through November 17th as part of their Customer Appreciation Week!

Use code 3LN8C1C to get free shipping.

PILLOW PETS

They have lots of clearance and other items on sale, with free shipping, there are some deals to be found!

Edited by tinkrbel

I have three girls (8, 6, and 2 yo), and they each have two pillow pet type animals- each one has a "real" pillow pet and a knock off pillow pet, they can't tell the difference. They all three love their pillow pets, the big two sleep with both of theirs every night (they like a lot of pillows) and the little one would but for allergy reasons has to sleep on a special pillow, she snuggles it during the day a lot though, or steals her sisters while they are at school ;) They are getting another of the knock off ones for Christmas this year (they had them for $2.88, I couldn't resist because they will love them).

My 9 yr. old ds has 2 pillow pets and loves them both. We got him the polar bear last year when he had surgery on his elbow. It made a great fun and comfy place to rest his recouperating arm. He also sleeps with it and takes it to school when they have a read a thon day. He also has one for his favorite team and uses it to watch the games on tv. Before the game he brings down his pillow pet, this team blanket, and his fave. stuffed bear dressed in team gear. He is such a loyal fan of his Browns.

All three of my kids have one as well MIL got them for them, they LOVE them! They sleep with them everynight, take them when we go to grandmas, whenever we go on vaction they are nice to roll up and take along, they saw the little ones and now they have slippers and want them as well but I think that they are a very nice thing! My grandma got my ds7 a chicago bears one as well!

My ds10 and dd7 both have them and absolutely love them. They aren't really something to "play" with but are the pillow of choice for camping out around the house, car travels and hanging out backstage at dd's dance competitions. Grandpa got them for Christmas last year or the year before and they are still a hit in our house.

All three of my kids have one as well MIL got them for them, they LOVE them! They sleep with them everynight, take them when we go to grandmas, whenever we go on vaction they are nice to roll up and take along, they saw the little ones and now they have slippers and want them as well but I think that they are a very nice thing! My grandma got my ds7 a chicago bears one as well!

Where did she get the Bears one ??

My dd (15) had a dog and lady bug pillow pet and really wants the moose one - just got it for her this year yesterday. Ds has a dog too and I bought him a Philly Phinatic one for Christmas this year.

Me, a grown adult has the Pluto & Tigger ones, but sshhh - don't tell anyone! :g_thumbri

Ok I am torn between these and the Happy Nappers. By 3 and 4 yo keep asking for both of these. Does anyone have both? Which would you recommend?

I just bought the Pillow Pet, so I can't give an opinion on the 2, but I just wanted to say that I believe it was in the Big Lots ad that they'll have the Happy Nappers for $15 each on BF. :)

Ok I am torn between these and the Happy Nappers. By 3 and 4 yo keep asking for both of these. Does anyone have both? Which would you recommend?

My dd loves her Pillow Pet and is kind of stuffed animal crazy right now. She really wants a Happy Napper. I was able to find one at our local Bilo when they were clearancing them for around $7. I am hiding it at Grandma's until Christmas so I don't know what she thinks of it yet. I think the Pillow Pet is more of a pillow than a "pet" she sleeps on it every night but never plays with it. And the Happy Napper is more toy looking to me than pillow. You can stuff the animal into the outer zippered "house" case, but it seems like it would be lumpy to sleep on. The Happy Napper did seem very soft, but don't know how it holds up to play yet.