I need your Pillow Pet opinions please.

jakesmommy403

My DS7 has asked for a pillow pet 2 Christmases in a row now. I think he only wants one because the commercial has brainwashed him, so I never bother with it. $20 for an animal-shaped pillow seems like a bit much to me. But now here we were again and it's on his list. If I get one for him I would also get one for his little brother or there would be pillow pet envy. So I have questions.

1. What are these "teenie" pillow pets I'm seeing with the purchase of a big one?

2. Do your kids have a pillow pet? If so, do they seem to really enjoy it or is it thrown in with the rest of their stuffed animals?

3. If I do get one, should I order it from the website or just see what the selection is at the store?

Help. Thanks.

I love the pillow pet my daughter got last year...soft and cute. There are dinosaur versions, as well as a dog, panda, frog...several that would work for boys. Also, you can find licensed pillow pets for sports teams or characters.

My DD13 has the Dolphin. She LOVES it. She carries it is the car for long trip, she sleeps with it every night. I plan on getting a teeny one for her this year, plus getting 2 of the regular size ones for my yorkies as beds in the car :D They love to curl up on her dolphin.

I would have NEVER bought them off TV, both kids asked for them. I have two big rules with my kids....and one of those includes decorating..their room but MY house..things must coordinate. So fast forward. Mom got my youngest Texas Rangers "Captain" pillow pet for his bday to match his room...he LOVES it..sleeps with it everynight, carries it to sleepovers and has taken it to school on pj days....I still wouldn't have bought it but glad my mom did! :P

The others are just a smaller/travel sized pillow ..they have them at target now if you can stop by and just check them out.

6 and 3yrs old kids have them. They sleep with them every night. They are super soft and just the right size for their pillow. I bought one on their website and one at Target. Same thing. Go with wherever you get the best deal. I am going to get pee wee's for the kids xmas.

My daughter has a collection of these (DH worked at CVS, they had an ample supply) and she takes turns sleeping with them every night. She takes them on long car rides and she takes one with her for sleepovers. They are all very soft and we have only had one problem with one, it was the special edition rabbit for Easter. One of the ears came off, we returned it and had no problems with the new one.

Amazon has several different ones at lower prices. I can't bring myself to pay that much for a pillow the kids may or may not like. My bff bought a set for her kids and I've never really seen them play with them PLUS they aren't in the kids beds either so I think she pretty much flushed $40 down the drain. I'd consider one ONLY if it was a child's favorite animal/character.

Walgreens has $10 register rewards in their ad when you spend 30+ on pillow pets.

My DD has the dinosaur one. I got it @ JCPenney on sale & with coupon for $15.

Mine is a Detroit Red Wings octopus :D

Where did you find the red wings one? I've got to get one!

**Never mind, I found them online-just added to my Christmas list.

My kids have pillow pets. They sleep with them but don't play with them a ton. They all want different ones this year. My 4 year old did get a pee wee shark pillow pet that he uses at preschool for naptime and he loves that one!

My 3 kids each got one for Christmas last year. The 9 yo and 7 yo girl liked them for about 2 weeks, now they occasionally sit on their bed or are thrown under it. My 4 year old little boy however LOVES his. He named it Mrs. Turtle. Mrs. Turtle, along with his blanket, come down the stairs with him every morning and return to bed with him every night. I bought a pee-wee Mrs. Turtle (Baby Turtle?) for him this year and he could care less about it - LOL! But heaven forbid, you forget Mrs. Turtle when you head upstairs to bed!