Kmart Pre-Ad Discussion (merged)

sweetdiggity

Thank you. I have a limited amount for BF this year so if I am able to put some things on layaway BF (at those good prices) then that will leave me with a little more cash to spend that day at places that do not offer layaway.

I would suggest you call and see if you start a layaway now (after you see the ad of course) if they will price match if the price goes lower, ask about bf prices as well. That way you should get the items in stock and the good price. You can show up during the time and adjust the layaway.

I would suggest you call and see if you start a layaway now (after you see the ad of course) if they will price match if the price goes lower, ask about bf prices as well. That way you should get the items in stock and the good price. You can show up during the time and adjust the layaway.

Last year, there was a sign right at the customer service desk that stated they would not adjust prices for items already on layaway, to BF prices...just FYI...

Thank you. I may do that. The nearest Kmart is 45 minutes away, but since Walmart is opening at 10 (if this is true) and Kmart opens at 4 (I think) then it will not be a problem to get there in time. The only big thing that I am really looking for is a PS3. I am really hoping that Walmart or Kmart puts it on sale before then and I can put it on layaway before BF.

I'm waiting for this one as well. So far, I've seen one or two items I might want at Target, maybe a few more than that at Wal-Mart, and a big maybe on one from Best Buy, although I usually avoid that store on BF. But I always manage to make it to K-Mart for something on Thanksgiving Day, and then again on BF. The K-Marts near me are never super-crowded, and I almost always get every item on my list there. So... where are those two ads???

My baby sister works at Kmart and she said they told her they did not know yet. She said the same thing that the holiday hours posted on doors were what was mentioned above...But I have to wonder if they are feeling the midnight pressure?

I work at Kmart, and what I posted is what our holiday hours schedule shows. Since scheduling is done three weeks in advance, I don't think they would decide to open at midnight at the last minute... but anything is possible. I was shocked that they actually did a midnight release for MW3.

I guess my aunt will be working Thanksgiving then:(

Most likely... the way our store does it, though, is that it is mandatory to work EITHER Thanksgiving OR Christmas Eve. Some end up working both, though.

I'm not sure if the ads have reached the stores yet. They usually let us know, and keep it "locked up", but allow us to look at it.