Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

The Skylanders game bundle is a deal..but I would bet anything Amazon matches that..I don't see myself rushing up there..I guess I'll just head up there whenever and peruse. I am not at all impressed...There is not a single thing that I absolutely must have.

I got the skylanders game this week at toys r us. Its $69.99 but you get another 3 characters and a $15 gift card for buying a game $59.99 and up. So its like paying $44.99 and getting 6 characters instead of 3. A better deal than walmart. Sale ends saturday.

Last year, Amazon lowered their prices to match what the other retailers were offering so you didn't have to do anything to price match. Best bet is to put the items you are interested in on your wish list or in your cart and when you log back in you will get a notice that the price has dropped x% since you added that item to your cart. I remember staying up very late both Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving night watching the sales start online and getting my shopping done. Last year was the first year I got everything I wanted online and didn't even have to go out and fight the crowds. Keep an eye on GottaDeal.com and you will be well informed as to when the retailers are starting their online sales, who is price matching who online, etc.

Last year, Amazon lowered their prices to match what the other retailers were offering so you didn't have to do anything to price match. Best bet is to put the items you are interested in on your wish list or in your cart and when you log back in you will get a notice that the price has dropped x% since you added that item to your cart. I remember staying up very late both Wednesday night before Thanksgiving and on Thanksgiving night watching the sales start online and getting my shopping done. Last year was the first year I got everything I wanted online and didn't even have to go out and fight the crowds. Keep an eye on GottaDeal.com and you will be well informed as to when the retailers are starting their online sales, who is price matching who online, etc.

Exactly..have been loading up my Amazon cart over the past few days. I still enjoy heading out and getting little things that I don't NEED..lol just to be in the environment. But Amazon is my major Christmas shopping retailer.

the walmart battery operated car is a piece of junk. don't bother. the wheels are "smooth" which makes it almost impossible to drive; just spins and spins. it's the same one they had last year that i bought. the steam mop is higher this year by 3$. i paid 35$ last year. i know cuz i bought three of them:)

Anyone else have any luck pulling up the map for their store? I have searched and searched and can't seem to find where it is available. I went to walmart.com, found my store, the ad is there but nowhere do I see an option to view map.

I don't think they post that til week before or week of, in any case as per usual the ad for my area isn't available.

I already bought the 250g Xbox from BB for $399 with a $100 GC, now I'm wondering if I should try for Walmarts deal? I know it's a 4g but half the price! Hmm...

It's also a fraction of the storage space. If your kids are going to play a lot of games then the bigger HD might be a better consideration. Especially if you don't want to deal with putting in your own hard drive later.

How do you PM at Amazon? I saw a couple of movies and games but not sure I want to fight the crowd for them. TFI.

Let Amazon do the work for you!

Can anyone help with the KODAK camera deal? I am thinking the model number is just a special BF one, it says C1450 and I could not find that easyshare Kodak model for a 14 mp camera or anything similar enough (going by the photo they show/the printing on camera front & the 3 colors it comes in.

CAN ANYONE help, I can't even tell if it is a SUPER deal or an "ok" one, it is 49 dollar, but if it is only a 69 dollar camera, I don't think its super...

The camera isn't listed anywhere, looks like it is made JUST for WalMart and probably JUST for black friday. At 20 dollars off, it's not a super deal. It is also not a super camera. If you have a need for a camera where it will be easily abused and you want something cheap, it should do just fine. If you want better pictures, look elsewhere. It does not mention having image stabilization (doubtful at that price) so if you have shaky hands, this is NOT the camera for you when you're taking pictures indoors!

Not too thrilled with the ad. I hope the selection of movies is given before BF (only see Dispicable Me & Transformers). I will have to wait to see Target's selection. Also, does anyone know if the power wheels cars for $99 is a good deal. If so, can a 5 y/o still ride one? My older daugther wants a scooter but I think she will break her neck!

It's also a fraction of the storage space. If your kids are going to play a lot of games then the bigger HD might be a better consideration. Especially if you don't want to deal with putting in your own hard drive later.

Thanks, DH thinks we should keep the one I got too. I will hold on to it and see if anything else pops up in the ads. ;)

O.k. so did anyone notice that the first 15 pages are listed like....1A, 2A, 3A, etc, but then once you get to page 16 is straight #'s? Why is that? Will there maybe be "B" pages?

Just noticed that. Secret pages with more deals would be my guess as well.

Also anyone know if the tv dvd sales there usually apply to all seasons and does it usually include shows other than those shown?

The ad says 'More titles available', so I'm assuming there's more. Just all depends per store what they throw in that bin.

I agree with that too, and you know you could download digital copies of movies you have from dvd for example and then toss the movie if you want, 250 can hold alot of things and eliminate some clutter.

The camera isn't listed anywhere, looks like it is made JUST for WalMart and probably JUST for black friday. At 20 dollars off, it's not a super deal. It is also not a super camera. If you have a need for a camera where it will be easily abused and you want something cheap, it should do just fine. If you want better pictures, look elsewhere. It does not mention having image stabilization (doubtful at that price) so if you have shaky hands, this is NOT the camera for you when you're taking pictures indoors!

it is for my son, and I didn't want to invest alot, I can't be sure how well he'll take care of it... Ideally I'd like to spend about 90 dollars at most including tax...if I had Some reviews to go buy it'd be nice, but most of the Kodak's I read about aren't too swell and since you feel this one is likely made just for BF/virtually "unsearchable" I doubt if I'll take the chance. I tried looking at the fine print in the Walmart add and couldn't find IS listed on it either. I am glad your replied you gave me advice on camera buying last year and I like my canon. I want to stick to Nikon, Canon or Sony but not seeing many camera deals in ads...

I saw the one at Costco, but am trying to convince my buddy who is a member to go there to get it for me (she's not sure she is stopping there yet).

O.k. so did anyone notice that the first 15 pages are listed like....1A, 2A, 3A, etc, but then once you get to page 16 is straight #'s? Why is that? Will there maybe be "B" pages?

I noticed that too and just assumed that there were different options of the first pages (you know a plan A, plan B..maybe even a plan M) If you are right I hope its something good....If I am right I think if I was Walmart I'd start looking at those other "plans" again :P

The A and B pages might be for those states that have the MAP laws that prevent them from advertising items lower than a certain price. The B's might be for those states and the prices in the ad might be higher.

Brads using logic and taking all our assumption fun away. :P

Lol

Brads using logic and taking all our assumption fun away. :P

Lol

He does but I thought the ad was INcomplete from the start. I mean Walmart is usually known for offering a large variety of things. . .

Where are the razors/hairdryers/beauty sets? (If they are there I missed them please correct me)

How about PJ's

Coats?

Aren't there usually snacks/candy/nuts advertised? (Or am I thinking of another store??)

and then as I mentioned hours ago, not only are there no nintendo ds' deals, but the games are not even advertised...

I can't be fooled that easily Wally.....

Edited by allshoppedout

The A and B pages might be for those states that have the MAP laws that prevent them from advertising items lower than a certain price. The B's might be for those states and the prices in the ad might be higher.

Bard what is the MAP laws? I tried to google it and nothing came up.

I noticed that too and just assumed that there were different options of the first pages (you know a plan A, plan B..maybe even a plan M) If you are right I hope its something good....If I am right I think if I was Walmart I'd start looking at those other "plans" again :P

lol.. I so agree!

I think there will be more pages coming b/c surely they will have a deal on the xbox 250gb and the ipod 32gb. At least I am hoping b/c that is what I'm looking for, lol.

I have a few questions.

Is the Xbox 360 w/kinect, game, and giftcard a good deal (199). It would probably be a family present. We will not play online. It will mostly be used for football games, hunting/fishing games, and for family games using the kinect. I realize that there is not as much memory but would it be enough for that.

Do you think that is a good deal on teh PS3? My son is wanting a PS3. Do you think a better deal may come along?

What about the laptop for 198? I have never had a laptop with the AMD processor? This would be used by my 13 year old boys to just browse the internet. THey don't play games on the computer or anything like that.